what is it like to live in Cheyenne?

what is it like to live in Cheyenne?

Posted in the Cheyenne Forum

steve

Ironton, OH

#1 Dec 21, 2010
Are there plenty of jobs there? How bout crime?
Patinwy

Cheyenne, WY

#2 Dec 21, 2010
steve wrote:
Are there plenty of jobs there? How bout crime?
Jobs? No. There isn't much crime in the state. The biggest drawback is that the "good ol boy network" is in charge in Cheyenne. The winters can be nasty with the wind and snow. It's not a bad place to live but things are done differently than most of the rest of the country.
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#3 Dec 21, 2010
..MERRY CHRISTMAS...GOD Bless...''LOV'yha''...yada u...eh..
Winter in Cheyenne

Fairview, MT

#4 Jan 3, 2011
How bad ARE the winters there in Wyoming?
I noticed the temp was a few degrees colder than Burlington, VT. I am thinking of taking a temp nursing assignment there in the next few months. I am from deep southeast Texas where we have pretty mild weather year round.But I have always wanted to spend a winter in the snow!? Any info is welcome

Jazz and Blues Notes

“Home Is Where the Heart Is”

Since: Jan 10

Born on a Bootheel Farm

#5 Jan 21, 2011
I have been visiting in Cheyenne. I have always wanted to visit here. I find the place interesting and the history I have read about this place only adds to that interest the more. You have a great place here. I can only imagine what it would be like to live here or to have grown up here.
Patinwy

Cheyenne, WY

#6 Jan 21, 2011
Jazz and Blues Notes wrote:
I have been visiting in Cheyenne. I have always wanted to visit here. I find the place interesting and the history I have read about this place only adds to that interest the more. You have a great place here. I can only imagine what it would be like to live here or to have grown up here.
Wyoming is a nice place to visit. There is a lot of historical places to see that you have more than likely read about. Just make sure you come during the late spring or summer and be prepared for any kind of weather.

Jazz and Blues Notes

Born on a Bootheel Farm

#7 Jan 21, 2011
I know that this is, most especially, a great place to visit. And that we are definitely going to return. I have read a lot of the history about the area, and I am particularly interested in the Native American history of this place. Thanks for your tip about the best time to return visit. Appreciated.

Jazz and Blues Notes

Born on a Bootheel Farm

#8 Jan 21, 2011
Arlington, I have been to your town in the Spring when the sunflowers were on the slopes and the highway roadsides. Too, I have been there during the winter, which is like early Spring in a lot of states north of you. The bluebonnets, Indian paintbrush and other local plants of your area are beautiful. Texas is such a big state that it is like a country all in itself - with East Texas pine forests, South Padre Island and Gulf Coast shoreline of Corpus Cristi, the rolling hill around where you are and the desert-like plains around Waco.

Jazz and Blues Notes

Born on a Bootheel Farm

#9 Jan 21, 2011
What is it like to live in Cheyenne, as a full-time resident?

Anybody...
CuriousGeorge

Chattanooga, TN

#10 Mar 2, 2011
The winters are rough and nobody knows how to drive there. The wind is unbearable. But other than that everyone is super nice and its gorgeous.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Aug 8, 2012
Boooorrrrring as can be! Also, very windy and cold, thats ab it.
john

Rock Springs, WY

#12 Aug 8, 2012
KImKriss87 wrote:
Boooorrrrring as can be! Also, very windy and cold, thats ab it.
in you dont like it here you could always move

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#13 Aug 11, 2012
HaHa i wish it where that easy John, but I actually cant. Air Force :(
Kit

Casper, WY

#14 Aug 12, 2012
im on your side klmkriss87. it's soooo booooorrring here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cheyenne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sexual abuse trial delayed for Cheyenne teacher Tue We Hate Cheyenne ... 1
Cheyenne police have an educated excuse not to ... Dec 8 We Hate Cheyenne ... 1
Is anyone tired of all the slumlords and inhabi... Dec 6 DCI 2
Corrupt Police Department (May '14) Dec 6 We Hate Cheyenne ... 3
More and more dine and dash happening in town Dec 4 Puppke 1
Who hates cheyenne wyoming? (Dec '16) Dec 2 DILLIGAF 12
Wyoming Workers Comp. Division (May '13) Nov 30 Fred 38

Cheyenne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance