Jon R. Kniss, Esq.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
five finger discount

United States

#24 Feb 23, 2011
YOur all idiots for not doing some research before you hired him. So at the end of the day, well your to blame.
Eval

San Rafael, CA

#25 Feb 23, 2011
five finger discount wrote:
YOur all idiots for not doing some research before you hired him. So at the end of the day, well your to blame.
Seriously? Don't be a prick and learn the difference between "you're" and "your". Idiot.
Jon Randy Kniss

Thailand

#26 Mar 2, 2012
JON RANDOLPH KNISS [#141454], 55, of Santa Fe, N.M., was suspended for three years, stayed, placed on three years of probation with an actual one-year suspension and until he proves his rehabilitation and he was ordered to take the MPRE and comply with rule 9.20 of the California Rules of Court. The order took effect July 6, 2011.

Kniss was terminated from the State Bar’s Alternative Discipline Program, where he was accepted after demonstrating a connection between his misconduct and his mental health issues. As a result, he received a harsher discipline than would have been imposed had he completed the program.

Kniss stipulated to 20 counts of misconduct in nine cases.

In a medical malpractice claim, for example, in which he represented a minor on a contingency fee basis, he missed hearings, didn’t pay sanctions, didn’t respond to or oppose motions and didn’t tell the client the case was dismissed or that he unsuccessfully appealed the dismissal.

He substituted in to a personal injury case, received a $6,500 settlement on behalf of his client but never paid the client her portion of the funds. In other cases, he didn’t do the work he was hired for: he did not comply with discovery, make court appearances or protect the statute of limitations, and he abandoned some clients.

Kniss was privately reprove in 2000 and in 2010 was suspended after a court awarded a default judgment against his client for more than $4.7 million plus $215,000 in punitive damages. Kniss didn’t notify the client, who eventually won a malpractice judgment against Kniss for $677,254. The client had to spend another $120,000 in legal fees to settle the case.

The State Bar Court found that Kniss’s actions demonstrated a pattern of misconduct and that he harmed the administration of justice.   
Kniss is a predator

Albany, GA

#27 Mar 2, 2012
As a predator, Kniss still has not received his just rewards for his despicable actions that he has harmed clients for a great many years. Report him to the State Bar. Sue him if you have a case. Show this predator that folk will not allow him to continue to act maliciously with impunity.
Beware of Jon R Kniss

Albany, GA

#28 Jun 27, 2012
Jon R. Kniss was suspended from the Wyoming Bar on December 8, 1993 for failure to provide his annual reports of continuing legal education and his membership was terminated and filed by the Wyoming Supreme Court on June 6, 2001. HE IS NO LONGER AN ATTORNEY IN WYOMING....
Each attorney is required to attend 15 hours per year of continuing legal education seminars, webinars, etc. They have so much time after the to complete these requirements or to show cause as to why they weren’t able to do so. If they don’t reply within those times, as I stated in my e-mail, they are then terminated from the Wyoming State Bar.
The attorney would have to start over as if he were never admitted to the Bar – submit documents (law school information, etc) to the Wyoming State Bar Admissions Director who in turn works with the Board of Bar Examiners and Character & Fitness Committee. He has to pay the bar exam fees, then has to take the Wyoming bar exam and the multi-state bar exam.
I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO WRITE THE STATE BAR OF WYOMING AND THE STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA TO INFORM THEM OF KNISS' DEPLORABLE CHARACTER. THE BAR NEEDS TO KNOW AND THE PUBLIC DESERVES TO KNOW AND THE PUBLIC DESERVES TO BE PROTECTED....
Your postings on the Internet serve to educate the public to reduce the number of future victims of this predator.
george rodriguez

Los Angeles, CA

#29 Aug 5, 2012
I am an ex client of Jon R. Kniss who practiced and lived in Torrance,Ca.Is this the same Guy? If so, can someone please cofirm this. I was looking for him to hir for his services. Thank you George
Ken

Mesa, AZ

#30 Aug 5, 2012
Yes same Kniss, He has been disbarred and is on the run .
george rodriguez wrote:
I am an ex client of Jon R. Kniss who practiced and lived in Torrance,Ca.Is this the same Guy? If so, can someone please cofirm this. I was looking for him to hir for his services. Thank you George
Ken

Mesa, AZ

#31 Aug 12, 2012
do you have any updates on Kniss ?
Beware of Jon R Kniss wrote:
Jon R. Kniss was suspended from the Wyoming Bar on December 8, 1993 for failure to provide his annual reports of continuing legal education and his membership was terminated and filed by the Wyoming Supreme Court on June 6, 2001. HE IS NO LONGER AN ATTORNEY IN WYOMING....
Each attorney is required to attend 15 hours per year of continuing legal education seminars, webinars, etc. They have so much time after the to complete these requirements or to show cause as to why they weren’t able to do so. If they don’t reply within those times, as I stated in my e-mail, they are then terminated from the Wyoming State Bar.
The attorney would have to start over as if he were never admitted to the Bar – submit documents (law school information, etc) to the Wyoming State Bar Admissions Director who in turn works with the Board of Bar Examiners and Character & Fitness Committee. He has to pay the bar exam fees, then has to take the Wyoming bar exam and the multi-state bar exam.
I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO WRITE THE STATE BAR OF WYOMING AND THE STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA TO INFORM THEM OF KNISS' DEPLORABLE CHARACTER. THE BAR NEEDS TO KNOW AND THE PUBLIC DESERVES TO KNOW AND THE PUBLIC DESERVES TO BE PROTECTED....
Your postings on the Internet serve to educate the public to reduce the number of future victims of this predator.
Beware of Jon R Kniss

Albany, GA

#32 Aug 12, 2012
Kniss is no longer an attorney is Wyoming. He would have to take the Bar exam and take the ethics exam and pass a background check which would be a serious problem for him at this point.
The key now is to locate new evidence, new victims and get them to file complaints against Kniss with the State Bar of California so he can be disbarred there too. Once disbarred in California his opportunities to harm clients will be more limited than before.
He screwed over a lot of people so invest your time and money to track him down, track down victims and inform them that they are not alone and to assure them that Kniss has been suspended in California and he deserves to be disbarred. Don't wait!
Knowledge

Overland Park, KS

#33 Aug 14, 2012
I just found out he is moving to Kansas City in Oct.
Ken

Mesa, AZ

#34 Aug 14, 2012
Please any news on Kniss would be appreciated ,He is on the run and owes me more than $1m , If you have any info on him and where he is living and any business he is involved please e mail me [email protected].....
RMac

AOL

#35 Aug 24, 2012
george rodriguez wrote:
I am an ex client as well.. and was googling his name as all of a sudden he fell off the face of the earth.. I came to this site and my mouth dropped open.. I was waondering the same George~ Is this the same Jon R Kniss from Torrance, Ca? Stocking, short guy and lived in Torrance and then he divorced after only a couple of years of marriage.. WOW.. if it is I am so so shocked.

We used Jon for many cases and always did wonder the 2 names Jon or Randy.
Victim

Phoenix, AZ

#36 Aug 24, 2012
Yes it is the same, He is hiding out and using different versions of his name , He has harmed many people !!
RMac wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an ex client as well.. and was googling his name as all of a sudden he fell off the face of the earth.. I came to this site and my mouth dropped open.. I was waondering the same George~ Is this the same Jon R Kniss from Torrance, Ca? Stocking, short guy and lived in Torrance and then he divorced after only a couple of years of marriage.. WOW.. if it is I am so so shocked.
We used Jon for many cases and always did wonder the 2 names Jon or Randy.
Beware of Jon R Kniss

Albany, GA

#37 Sep 13, 2012
It appears that Jon R. Kniss is receiving his comeuppance! The California State Bar site indicates Disbarment is upcoming!

I cannot tell if this is a done deal or there will be proceedings to initiate disbarment, but either way, I suspect the State Bar has finally gotten wind to the true character of this despicable individual.

9/27/2012 Disbarment 11-N-11381
http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detai...

Mark your calendars and keep a close eye on the site! This miscreant has brought all of this on himself!
DANGER WILL ROBINSON

Albany, GA

#38 Sep 27, 2012
KNISS IS DISBARRED EFFECTIVE 9/27/2012. CHECK THE STATE BAR RECORDS ON THE STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA SITE FOR PUBLIC DETAILS AND COPIES.

See the bottom of the site for public information. Kniss lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico!
Not

New Port Richey, FL

#39 Sep 10, 2014
Still looking for more info on Randy Kniss. Beware he is active on MATCH.com and does not tell the ladies about his past.
ttt

New Port Richey, FL

#40 Jan 1, 2015
This guy is still out there , Beware !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cheyenne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ASEA water is a SCAM (Sep '13) Jul 20 Daisy 78
Is anyone aware about the teenage prostitution ... Jul 18 Tuna 1
News Bill Clinton Clashes With Black Lives Matter Pr... Jul 17 Raydot 4
News Holly Energy Partners, L.P. Announces Pricing o... Jul 15 ou812 1
the truth about the jews and israel Jul 13 BUDD PRESCOTT 1
too many mexicans in town!!!!!! (Jul '12) Jul 5 Michelle P 46
Is everyone tired of the racist job market in c... Jun '16 Tuna 1

Cheyenne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance