Who got killed on the Unit drilling ...

Who got killed on the Unit drilling rig just outside of town?

Posted in the Cheyenne Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lorelei

United States

#1 Jan 22, 2011
I think it just happened today. What a shame.
info

Clinton, OK

#2 Jan 23, 2011
Info. please, I have not heard anything about this..
Lorelei

United States

#3 Jan 23, 2011
Does anyone know anything about who got killed?
WTF

United States

#4 Jan 23, 2011
I haven't heard about this either.
just guessing

United States

#5 Jan 24, 2011
as of 8 am the keco station reported no injuries. sherriff jay was on just before 8 am and said nothing of a death. but that was 4 hrs ago
Yes

United States

#6 Jan 24, 2011
There was a death two days ago on a Unit rig outside of town. This morning there was a blow out on a Cactus rig.....I haven't heard of any injuries on that.
Yeah

Elk City, OK

#7 Jan 24, 2011
Yes wrote:
There was a death two days ago on a Unit rig outside of town. This morning there was a blow out on a Cactus rig.....I haven't heard of any injuries on that.
No injuries, just bad judgement.

Brother was on the well, happened to be his day off so he missed the big issue. He told me there's been quite a few issues on that well lately. He also told me they haven't been flaring the excess gas build-ups like they were supposed to. They wanted to save every precious bit of gas, and this is the result of their greed I imagine.
Yes

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2011
This topic is not about the cactus rig that had a blow out! This is about a Unit rig outside of town that did have a fatality like two days ago! My husband works for Unit and he had to go out there today and help them out because the guys had to take off after it happened.
Yes

United States

#9 Jan 24, 2011
Sorry dude I got confused for a minute! Lol
mandy

United States

#10 Jan 24, 2011
Yes wrote:
This topic is not about the cactus rig that had a blow out! This is about a Unit rig outside of town that did have a fatality like two days ago! My husband works for Unit and he had to go out there today and help them out because the guys had to take off after it happened.
Do you know the name of the man that was killed? It is heartwrenching when something like this happens.
Ms Know It All

Frisco, TX

#11 Jan 24, 2011
I don't believe this story. Everyone here is oilfield.
Ms Know It All

Frisco, TX

#12 Jan 24, 2011
We would already know.
who knows

Dallas, TX

#13 Jan 24, 2011
Ms Know It All wrote:
I don't believe this story. Everyone here is oilfield.
It happened; know a flow hand wking 1/2 mi away, they blocked location and wouldn't let anyone on or off till OSHA got there the next morning, which is standard when there's a death. He talked to company man later, guy who got killed was either by the separator or in the mixer when it blew. They won't release names or info to media until OSHA is done w/ investigation.
Danno

Mcloud, OK

#14 Jan 24, 2011
Ive got a friend that is a company man on a Unit Rig north of Love's and he hasnt said anything.
roughneck

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Jan 25, 2011
the hands was laying the mouse hole down the v door. When the chain came unhooked and the mouse hole fell on 2 employees killing one of them
Yes

Weatherford, OK

#16 Jan 25, 2011
Yes roughneck is right. That is what my husband said happened. It happened. My husband is a driller for Unit and he had to go out there yesterday to help them out because the whole crew that witnessed it had to take off. OSHA was there yesterday and they will be there today. His name was Royce and he had a 5 year old son and two step kids.
Whatever

United States

#17 Jan 25, 2011
You people need to get a life and stop putti g untrue crap on here my son works for unit too and no one was killed it was just a blow out people always have to extend and blow things out of proportion just do they can gossip. Get a damn life people
Yes

Weatherford, OK

#18 Jan 25, 2011
Whatever wrote:
You people need to get a life and stop putti g untrue crap on here my son works for unit too and no one was killed it was just a blow out people always have to extend and blow things out of proportion just do they can gossip. Get a damn life people
The blow out was on a cactus rig! There was a death on Unit Rig 128. My husband had to go work on that rig on one of his days off because the crew that witnessed it had to take off. You are being so rude. Not everyone that works for Unit knows about it right away.
roughneck

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Jan 25, 2011
we are talking about the unit rig north of canute my rig is right beside it. they didnt have a blow out.we had a meeting about it and changed the way we pick up the mouse hole because of it
Yes

Weatherford, OK

#20 Jan 25, 2011
roughneck wrote:
we are talking about the unit rig north of canute my rig is right beside it. they didnt have a blow out.we had a meeting about it and changed the way we pick up the mouse hole because of it
Yea its a terrible thing that happened. I bet all the rigs will be having meetings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cheyenne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sayre Community Hospital Closed again 1 hr Just asking 2
Robbins/Albert 2 hr Tell me 1
Lisa nunez missing 2 hr Fake 29
Mary Salyers murder 6 hr Delbert McFarland 2
Brandon Schrick 6 hr Delbert McFarland 5
Mrs. Ball new 2nd grade teacher at sayre school 7 hr Not surprized 13
Sandstone or jkm 9 hr Rubberducky 1

Cheyenne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance