Houses and Apartments
Seriously

United States

#1 Mar 23, 2013
There are a lot of people looking for houses and apartments in Elk City to rent. Can we please start a thread, keep it sensible, and post information about rentals that are available, or is it too much to ask for people on this site to keep it intelligent? Please list vacancies, how much per month and who to contact if you will.
Seriously

United States

#2 Mar 23, 2013
Come on people, there is a couple of couples needing housing. Can't you help a little?
Mrs B

United States

#3 Mar 23, 2013
Here is what I found ...
2bdr/ 1 1/2 bath duplex Has privacy fenced backyard. W/D hookups, dishwasher. 950/month 950/deposit
Contact Jeremy and Sara Retzlaff
through facebook
Delbert McFarland

Broken Arrow, OK

#4 Mar 23, 2013
Seriously wrote:
There are a lot of people looking for houses and apartments in Elk City to rent. Can we please start a thread, keep it sensible, and post information about rentals that are available, or is it too much to ask for people on this site to keep it intelligent? Please list vacancies, how much per month and who to contact if you will.
Who gives a rats ass about you and your thread about cribs we have a bigger issue in Elk Chity and its called crime, Meth, Murder, robbery, rape you name it we have it, so dont move here unless your a cop like me here to clean this dump hole up.
soldier

Elk City, OK

#6 Mar 26, 2013
I havent seen any places for sale or rent
Delbert McFarland

Fitzgerald, GA

#7 Mar 26, 2013
Laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
You worthless retard. You are the problem. We need to get rid of you and this city would be better off. Your like a bad case of herpes. You never go away and your a fu cktard also
Your mama gave me Herpes and the fat bitch is paying the doctor bil!
trust me

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Apr 1, 2013
DO NOT rent from the Giffords. Will ignore you and blow you off on much needed repairs. Not to mention they are the epitamy of hypochristian.
Delbert McFarland

Haskell, OK

#11 Apr 1, 2013
trust me wrote:
DO NOT rent from the Giffords. Will ignore you and blow you off on much needed repairs. Not to mention they are the epitamy of hypochristian.
Thats why Laughing likes to rent from old man gifford they Blow each other off.
blah

United States

#13 Apr 3, 2013
Rental housing sucks in Elk!!! I have been lookin for several months, because right now me and my family are stuck in a shit hole trailer park, in a horrible neighbothoodpneighbothoodpayin $700/mon. Every house I have called on in Elk is any where from $1, 000 per month to $1, 400 per month!!! And I thought the $700 a month was ridiculous!!!!
just saying

United States

#14 Apr 3, 2013
blah wrote:
Rental housing sucks in Elk!!! I have been lookin for several months, because right now me and my family are stuck in a shit hole trailer park, in a horrible neighbothoodpneighbothoodpayin $700/mon. Every house I have called on in Elk is any where from $1, 000 per month to $1, 400 per month!!! And I thought the $700 a month was ridiculous!!!!
That is called supply and demand. There's a HUGE demand for housing in this area and a VERY low supply, hence high prices. Not too hard to figure out if you have even basic knowledge of free market principles.
blah

United States

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Yeah im pretty sure I have it figured out!!! I said it sucks!!! But I guess only people with basic knowledge will understand that!! But I guess your just one of those that feels big behind a screen by talking shit!! Its cool though cause I enjoy readin peoples comments such as yours!! I am just so thankful that im not as misserable as to feel like I have to talk shit to get my kicks...I just get them from people like you!! Just saying!:)
Kelly

Elk City, OK

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Seriously wrote:
Keep checking the paper and realators
Briggs

Elk City, OK

#17 Apr 3, 2013
I don't know who runs Topix, but whoever does is obviously not concerned with the filth that is spewed on this site daily. It would be wonderful if there was a public forum that was moderated where inteligent people could have rational exchanges of ideas without anti-social Cretans who are angry at the world injecting their foul rantings into every sane conversation.
just anyone

United States

#18 Apr 3, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>That is called supply and demand. There's a HUGE demand for housing in this area and a VERY low supply, hence high prices. Not too hard to figure out if you have even basic knowledge of free market principles.
True, but just because decent homes are in demand doesn't justify the greediness going around. Most of the houses in this area are not worth what they are asking. Honestly for as religious as people act around this area it really does not show. Reminds me of the story in the Bible where Jesus threw the vendors out of the temple. They were cheating people, because they could, wasn't right then isn't right now. It will come back on them as it has in the past. There are alot of people who work hard and don't make oilfield money who need a place to live but can't afford one because the rent is jacked up. People who do the public service jobs, like EMT's, RN's, LPN's, Police, Fire, Juvenile workers. I could go on and on. I'm sure the person who commented was just venting their frustration with the injustice of it. Not asking for your rude comments. They obviously realize its due to people's greediness and supply and demand. You could be a little more empathetic and say something encouraging instead of being rude.
just saying

Broken Arrow, OK

#19 Apr 3, 2013
just anyone wrote:
<quoted text>True, but just because decent homes are in demand doesn't justify the greediness going around. Most of the houses in this area are not worth what they are asking. Honestly for as religious as people act around this area it really does not show. Reminds me of the story in the Bible where Jesus threw the vendors out of the temple. They were cheating people, because they could, wasn't right then isn't right now. It will come back on them as it has in the past. There are alot of people who work hard and don't make oilfield money who need a place to live but can't afford one because the rent is jacked up. People who do the public service jobs, like EMT's, RN's, LPN's, Police, Fire, Juvenile workers. I could go on and on. I'm sure the person who commented was just venting their frustration with the injustice of it. Not asking for your rude comments. They obviously realize its due to people's greediness and supply and demand. You could be a little more empathetic and say something encouraging instead of being rude.
I wasn't being rude, only stating facts. Too bad you people are so self absorbed and thin skinned that someone can't state facts without someone getting offended. I don't see any injustice in the free market or people making the money while they can. Some of the people that rent the houses will trash them, or not take care of basic repairs that renters are required to handle. Do you own your own home? If you do, you understand how expensive repairs can be. I recently had to spend almost $6,000 repairing an HVAC system in one of my properties. The damage was done because the tenants did not change the filter the entire time they lived in the house. Between repairs and property taxes, the money I had received in rent for an entire year was spent. How is it that people that have NO IDEA how much it costs to maintain a home can gripe about how much they pay in rent, but someone like me has to bite their tongue or they're accused of being rude?
David Duke Supporter

Weatherford, OK

#20 Apr 3, 2013
I say this to all landlords don't rent your house to anyone that isnt white! You may think your being nice but non whites will trash out the house and make it un livable! Elk was such a better place before the first boom happened and the mexicans and blacks moved in! If you rent your house to a lesser breed you might as well hang a race traitor sign in your front yard!
Delbert McFarland

Vian, OK

#21 Apr 3, 2013
Blacks and Mexicans bring down the property value with all the crime and drugs not to mention all the fiesta colored houses with the beaners and the run down shacks and hoopties from the blacks.
just saying

Broken Arrow, OK

#22 Apr 3, 2013
David Duke Supporter wrote:
I say this to all landlords don't rent your house to anyone that isnt white! You may think your being nice but non whites will trash out the house and make it un livable! Elk was such a better place before the first boom happened and the mexicans and blacks moved in! If you rent your house to a lesser breed you might as well hang a race traitor sign in your front yard!
You're a complete idiot and a bigot. And just to make a point, it was white people that did the aforementioned damage to my property. I would evict someone in a heartbeat just for having idiotic bigoted views like you.
just anyone

United States

#23 Apr 3, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't being rude, only stating facts. Too bad you people are so self absorbed and thin skinned that someone can't state facts without someone getting offended. I don't see any injustice in the free market or people making the money while they can. Some of the people that rent the houses will trash them, or not take care of basic repairs that renters are required to handle. Do you own your own home? If you do, you understand how expensive repairs can be. I recently had to spend almost $6,000 repairing an HVAC system in one of my properties. The damage was done because the tenants did not change the filter the entire time they lived in the house. Between repairs and property taxes, the money I had received in rent for an entire year was spent. How is it that people that have NO IDEA how much it costs to maintain a home can gripe about how much they pay in rent, but someone like me has to bite their tongue or they're accused of being rude?
Insinuating someone is stupid by saying u don't have to be smart to understand supply and demand was rude last I checked. Yes, I do own my own home, have for years. I also realize it isn't cheap maintain rental properties. Not changing the filters for a yr or even 5 years will not cause ur entire system to go out. There is more to it than that. If that was the cause u might want to look into a better system. I highly doubt ur property taxes and expenses to repair/replace the system was less than or equal to what u made in rent. There are ways to prevent putting people who trash the houses in them. Just cause u charge more doesn't mean they won't trash it. There is no excuse for racking the prices up just cause u can, there is no excuse for cheating people out of money because u can justify it in your own mind. I'm not thin skinned, just thought someone might reiterate to u, to have some common decency for others.
Bogey shooter

Springer, OK

#25 Aug 19, 2013
Get that $ while you can buddy. Apts & houses are very expensive to maintain. You can tell which owners care and which ones don't. A lot of duplexes in this town look line crap. Does anyone own a mower or pick up the dog crap anymore? Duplexes on Cripple Creek look pathetic. Lera Lane looks nice. Park place average. Cimmaron looks nice. Heritage house crap. Raintree nice. South gate crap. Magic 3 average. Just look around and do some shopping

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cheyenne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home wrecker 50 min No way 1
Wheeler county tx girls 1 hr Agitated 1
Yuck! 3 hr nogunkpls 1
WHITE TRASH aka Tony&Chelsea 5 hr Done 1
School Board 19 hr LAVON AFFAIR 20
sonic 19 hr Bobby9864 2
Kimber bashaw Wed slow down 11

Cheyenne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance