Lawmakers demand access to survivors injured in Benghazi attack

Mar 6, 2013 Full story: Fox News 161

Six months after the Sept. 11 terror attack in Benghazi, Republican lawmakers are fuming that they haven't been granted access to the survivors - several of whom, Fox News has learned, are still recovering at Walter Reed.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#22 Mar 6, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesse Jackson Jr. was the Congressman who had the COURAGE to speak out against the SLAUGHTER of black-Africans after Ghadaffi was ousted by the Illegal War in Libya.
http://globalciviliansforpeace.com/2011/10/12...
"Rep. Jackson (D-IL-2) also tells The Black Star News he will ask that U.S. assistance for reconstruction and transition to democracy in Libya be conditional. The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday that rebels from Misurata had torched the homes that belonged to the predominantly dark-skinned residents of the city of Tawergha, which is now abandoned."
"A Journal reporter witnessed some of the torching and wrote that the words “slaves” and “negroes” were scribbled on the walls of the now emptied homes."
"The town’s entire population of 10,000 is gone."
----------
Of course the Corporate Fascist Media does not want this to come out so they discredited Jesse Jackson Jr.: thus leading to his depression and loss of his seat in Congress.
did he also have the courage to not commit felonies?
]
what a tool!

perhaps he just wasn'[t accepted as a member of the NWO?!?!?

you know that if you apply and are turned down, they will kill you or ruin your life...

it's all in the handbook and pamphlets...
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#23 Mar 6, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
All jokes aside; I’m starting to get tired of these unpatriotic right-wingers trying to make this non-issue Benghazi into something…
No more; this obsession over Benghazi ends now.
Not until Obama clears up 'BUMPS IN THE ROAD" and Hillary clears up "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE". OBAMA LIED 4 AMERICANS DIED
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#24 Mar 6, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22154...

Nordstrom, the former security official in Libya, addressed the diplomatic security issue in an October 1 email to a congressional investigator.

He said his requests for more security were BLOCKED by a department policy to 'normalise operations and reduce security resources'.

In that interview, Nordstrom said he sent TWO CABLES to State Department headquarters in March 2012 and July 2012 requesting additional diplomatic security agents for Benghazi, but he received no respones.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...

A cable signed by Stevens on the day of his murder, September 11, described a meeting with the Acting Principal Officer of the Supreme Security Council in Benghazi, commander Fawzi Younis, who “expressed growing frustration with police and security forces (who were too weak to keep the country secure)…”

Issa and Chaffetz say they’ve “been told repeatedly” that the Obama administration not only “repeatedly reject(ed) requests for increased security despite escalating violence, but it also systematically decreased existing security to dangerous and ineffective levels,”..."
----------

Some answers please.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#25 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>did he also have the courage to not commit felonies?
]
what a tool!
perhaps he just wasn'[t accepted as a member of the NWO?!?!?
you know that if you apply and are turned down, they will kill you or ruin your life...
it's all in the handbook and pamphlets...
Oh Jesse Jr. was guilty alright. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difficulty that Jr. could cause by calling for an International Criminal Court investigation. If Jesse Sr. had gotten involved, the atrocities might have gone viral.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#26 Mar 6, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22154...
Nordstrom, the former security official in Libya, addressed the diplomatic security issue in an October 1 email to a congressional investigator.
He said his requests for more security were BLOCKED by a department policy to 'normalise operations and reduce security resources'.
In that interview, Nordstrom said he sent TWO CABLES to State Department headquarters in March 2012 and July 2012 requesting additional diplomatic security agents for Benghazi, but he received no respones.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...
A cable signed by Stevens on the day of his murder, September 11, described a meeting with the Acting Principal Officer of the Supreme Security Council in Benghazi, commander Fawzi Younis, who “expressed growing frustration with police and security forces (who were too weak to keep the country secure)…”
Issa and Chaffetz say they’ve “been told repeatedly” that the Obama administration not only “repeatedly reject(ed) requests for increased security despite escalating violence, but it also systematically decreased existing security to dangerous and ineffective levels,”..."
----------
Some answers please.
yes...one request from a low level hired gun for TWO MORE whole guards at benghazi! it never got past the consulte level.

Steven was obviously aware of the danger of the Benghazi area, yet he still chose to go there on 9-11. the significance of the date was not lost ot him. he wwas our most knowledgable asset in the area as far as Libya goes. he was there through the revolution. and he still decided to go to Benghazi for his meeting.

stop dancing on his grave. please....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#27 Mar 6, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Jesse Jr. was guilty alright. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difficulty that Jr. could cause by calling for an International Criminal Court investigation. If Jesse Sr. had gotten involved, the atrocities might have gone viral.
that would have been good, but it wouldn[t reaaly affect the US or our gov't much. we did n't have anything to do with it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#28 Mar 6, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not until Obama clears up 'BUMPS IN THE ROAD" and Hillary clears up "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE". OBAMA LIED 4 AMERICANS DIED
the four americans whose graves you are dancing on to support your partisan witch hunt were dead before the administration used the video story until they had enough evidence to say it was from a certain terrorist group...please replace the flowers when you are done dancing.

“The Dude abides”

Since: Mar 13

Earth

#29 Mar 6, 2013
When will Republicans demand hearings on the 53 embassy personal who died during the shrub presidency? Oh, that's right, they don't give a damn.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#30 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the four americans whose graves you are dancing on to support your partisan witch hunt were dead before the administration used the video story until they had enough evidence to say it was from a certain terrorist group...please replace the flowers when you are done dancing.
Tell that to their mothers and fathers. If one of them was you son you would be screaming for heads to roll.

Obama and Hillary said they would inform the parents as soon as they found out anything and it has been 6 months and the parents have NOT BEEN TOLD ANYTHING. Some of us care enough to get to the truth so the parents can rest.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#31 Mar 6, 2013
mtwcebu wrote:
When will Republicans demand hearings on the 53 embassy personal who died during the shrub presidency? Oh, that's right, they don't give a damn.
that would be an insult to the service of those brave people to politicize their deaths!!!!!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#32 Mar 6, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to their mothers and fathers. If one of them was you son you would be screaming for heads to roll.
Obama and Hillary said they would inform the parents as soon as they found out anything and it has been 6 months and the parents have NOT BEEN TOLD ANYTHING. Some of us care enough to get to the truth so the parents can rest.
i'd be screaming for you to get off their graves in your witch hunt...

you are a disgrace to your country...a leech... a parrot that repaets shit without even understanding what an ass you are making of yourself..
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#33 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that would have been good, but it wouldn[t reaaly affect the US or our gov't much. we did n't have anything to do with it.
True that the US didn't have anything to do with the slaughter of Black/Africans----that was done by the Muslim rebels. Still, it would have undermined the whole "politically correct" cover story used to invade Libya AND especially since the action was never sanctioned by Congress.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#34 Mar 6, 2013
mtwcebu wrote:
When will Republicans demand hearings on the 53 embassy personal who died during the shrub presidency? Oh, that's right, they don't give a damn.
Bush is a War Criminal----to me that is cut and dried. Obama and Bush, however, are on the same team, and is NOT the team that puts the interest of the United States first.

What makes this, Benghazi, an issue is that requests for increased security were denied by the State Department. Subsequently, a terrorist attack killed our ambassador, so it follows that the American people have a right to know by who and why those requests were denied. Very simple really.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#35 Mar 6, 2013
mtwcebu wrote:
When will Republicans demand hearings on the 53 embassy personal who died during the shrub presidency? Oh, that's right, they don't give a damn.
What is the source of your number, 53? How many of them were ambassadors? How many were U.S. citizens?
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#36 Mar 6, 2013
... and how many of them had been attacked three times within four months and the ambassador had requested additional security because the embassy and consulate could not be defended?

Last but not least, how many of them were attacked on a 9/11 anniversary?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#37 Mar 6, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
True that the US didn't have anything to do with the slaughter of Black/Africans----that was done by the Muslim rebels. Still, it would have undermined the whole "politically correct" cover story used to invade Libya AND especially since the action was never sanctioned by Congress.
how would that have undermined the truth?
copngress did not need to authorize that type of use of the military. bveen done many times before by many presidents, with no problems of constitutionality.
why don't you know the very basics of your own country? you should be a better citizen. try harder...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#38 Mar 6, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush is a War Criminal----to me that is cut and dried. Obama and Bush, however, are on the same team, and is NOT the team that puts the interest of the United States first.
What makes this, Benghazi, an issue is that requests for increased security were denied by the State Department. Subsequently, a terrorist attack killed our ambassador, so it follows that the American people have a right to know by who and why those requests were denied. Very simple really.
As pointed out to you many,. many, many times for the last months, they were not requests for any security that would have prevented the attack or helped those cougfht in it.

why do you have to continue to lie about this?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#39 Mar 6, 2013
Far Away wrote:
... and how many of them had been attacked three times within four months and the ambassador had requested additional security because the embassy and consulate could not be defended?
Last but not least, how many of them were attacked on a 9/11 anniversary?
the ambassador did not request more security for Benghazi.

you were lied to aboput that.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#41 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i'd be screaming for you to get off their graves in your witch hunt...
you are a disgrace to your country...a leech... a parrot that repaets shit without even understanding what an ass you are making of yourself..
You are a self centered parasite - you care for NO ONE except yourself. These are lives that were taken away - there are kids involved and all you can say is for all of us to FORGET what has happened to 4 Americans. This is NOT A WITCH HUNT this is wanting FACTS. What are you afraid we might find out? You are showing your true self by saying these four can be forgotten, their parents have no rights and the kids will survive not knowing what actually happened to their father. You are a sick.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#42 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the ambassador did not request more security for Benghazi.
you were lied to aboput that.
... and you're a complete idiot if you actually believe that. Hell, even Secretary Clinton, among others, confirmed the requests in communications from Ambassador Stevens during her testimony on the subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevy Chase Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dele Mon The Spanish Academy 1
Private classes Mon The Spanish Academy 1
purchase of diazapam?physeptone tablets (May '12) Sep 7 Sid 19
Review: David C Metzler CPA Sep 5 mevans4188 1
"Bring on the Beer and Pass the Condoms" Sep 5 BSTS project 1
Safety Testing Of Ebola Vaccine Will Begin Soon Aug 28 Please Work 1
Ed Mullaney Slides Aug 19 Harriet Haber 1
•••
•••
•••

Chevy Chase Village Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chevy Chase Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chevy Chase Village News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chevy Chase Village
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••