Sheriff: Rice Lake woman jumps out of...

Sheriff: Rice Lake woman jumps out of boyfriend's truck, is run...

There are 25 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 17, 2008, titled Sheriff: Rice Lake woman jumps out of boyfriend's truck, is run.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Rice Lake woman was critically hurt after she jumped out of her boyfriend's truck and was run over Sunday night, the Barron County sheriff's department said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WOWW

Manchester, CT

#1 Nov 17, 2008
Imagine that you jump out of a car and get run over by it?! I don't think that the man should be charged for his girlfriends stupidity.
Bluecollar Worker

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 17, 2008
Too early to tell.....I hope she has a full recovery.
Lawyer

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Nov 17, 2008
This doesn't make any sense- if you are 30+ years old you don't have "boyfriends" and "girlfriends". If you are straight you are married by then.
jake

Maple Grove, MN

#4 Nov 17, 2008
WOW he gets charged for her jumping out the car and getting runned over lol. maybe u can sue firestone for the tire running her over too lol. sounds like she escaped from a mental hospital
Grizzly Adams

Maple Grove, MN

#5 Nov 17, 2008
Lawyer wrote:
This doesn't make any sense- if you are 30+ years old you don't have "boyfriends" and "girlfriends". If you are straight you are married by then.
Good point. Playing "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" is for young people- and it's especially creepy with a 45 year old loser.
hello

United States

#6 Nov 18, 2008
Lawyer wrote:
Haven't you ever heard of DIVORCE... but you are right in a "perfect" world one would be married...
Lawyer

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Nov 18, 2008
hello wrote:
<quoted text> Haven't you ever heard of DIVORCE... but you are right in a "perfect" world one would be married...
What's that got to do with anything? Middle aged "boyfriends" and "girlfriends" are still creepy, any way you cut it.
Shirley

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Nov 18, 2008
Lawyer wrote:
Not necessarily. Alot of people wait now to get married. Grow into the 21rst century!
WOWW

Manchester, CT

#9 Nov 18, 2008
How did moron jumping out of a car turn into a mud sling of old people and their prefence of titles?? We're missing the main point that a man may sit in jail because of a crackhead getting excited and jumping out of a moving car.

Since: Apr 08

Currently in MN. Orig. from NJ

#10 Nov 18, 2008
Maybe he actually booted her behind out of the truck...
Gimmeabreak

Chippewa Falls, WI

#11 Nov 18, 2008
Lawyer wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that got to do with anything? Middle aged "boyfriends" and "girlfriends" are still creepy, any way you cut it.
Really? So according to you anyone over a certain age is not allowed any sort of romantic relationship if they wish to remain suitably UNcreepy? What the fuzzy?

I would imagine that the issue stems more from the paper's use of the words "boyfriend" and "girlfriend," which seems to do a better job of conjuring up images of clumsy backseat groping or petulant, whiny and immature text-message arguments. Don't we have anything better in the English language with which to label couples who date exclusively, but are not committed by engagement or marriage?*Lover* is far too cosmopolitan, or romance novel-ish and implies a relationship based almost entirely on sex.*Paramour* is even worse, and just plain *friend* doesn't cut the mustard, either.*Man Friend,* or *Lady Friend* sounds rather geriatric and overly genteel, IMO, and *partner* sounds like a business or living arrangement, so what is there? Is no one in their 30s, 40s or 50s supposed to have a meaningful love relationship outside of marriange in our culture? Is the thought of middle-aged romance, even between attractive people, just so abhorrent that we don't dare put a name to it? How very, very sad. I hope you look back on your comment in your own middle age, Lawyer, and cringe.

As for the couple at hand, no matter what your label or the state of your relationship, you DON'T jump out of a moving vehicle!
Ruby

Manitowoc, WI

#12 Nov 18, 2008
Gimmeabreak wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So according to you anyone over a certain age is not allowed any sort of romantic relationship if they wish to remain suitably UNcreepy? What the fuzzy?
As for the couple at hand, no matter what your label or the state of your relationship, you DON'T jump out of a moving vehicle!
Dude, they live in your state. What don't you understand about jumping
out of a moving truck in Wisconsin? This one got run over. Go figure.
Grizzly Adams

Maple Grove, MN

#13 Nov 18, 2008
Gimmeabreak wrote:
<quoted text>
I would imagine that the issue stems more from the paper's use of the words "boyfriend" and "girlfriend," which seems to do a better job of conjuring up images of clumsy backseat groping or petulant, whiny and immature text-message arguments. Don't we have anything better in the English language with which to label couples who date exclusively, but are not committed by engagement or marriage?*Lover* is far too cosmopolitan, or romance novel-ish and implies a relationship based almost entirely on sex.*Paramour* is even worse, and just plain *friend* doesn't cut the mustard, either.*Man Friend,* or *Lady Friend* sounds rather geriatric and overly genteel, IMO, and *partner* sounds like a business or living arrangement, so what is there? Is no one in their 30s, 40s or 50s supposed to have a meaningful love relationship outside of marriange in our culture? Is the thought of middle-aged romance, even between attractive people, just so abhorrent that we don't dare put a name to it? How very, very sad. I hope you look back on your comment in your own middle age, Lawyer, and cringe.
Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Maple Grove, MN

#14 Nov 18, 2008
Gimmeabreak wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the thought of middle-aged romance, even between attractive people, just so abhorrent that we don't dare put a name to it?
U r gross! I wouldnnt even think of it, much less write it! Oh oh, I think Im gonna...gonna..braaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!
Happy N Single

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Nov 19, 2008
I am 49 and I have a boyfriend.
He introduces me as his girlfriend.
And Yes, we have a romantic relationship.
No, we are not planning on marriage anytime soon.
Happy Hour Lover

United States

#16 Nov 19, 2008
It is the woman's fault, if she was smart she would have tucked and rolled when she jumped out of the moving truck. It's not her boyfriends problem that she doesn't know how to jump out of a moving vehicle properly. Hopefully she learned her lesson and next time she will tuck and roll.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww ww

Maple Grove, MN

#17 Nov 19, 2008
Happy N Single wrote:
I am 49 and I have a boyfriend.
He introduces me as his girlfriend.
And Yes, we have a romantic relationship.
No, we are not planning on marriage anytime soon.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh. U make me sick, you old bag.
Happy N Single

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Nov 25, 2008
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wrote:
<quoted text>
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh. U make me sick, you old bag.
I may be older but, I have a great lovelife and a wonderful partner.....Maybe ewwwwwwwwwwwwww should consider what kind of "bag" you are.
Closed minded
naive
short sighted
Ignorant
Take your pick LOL
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Waconia, MN

#19 Nov 26, 2008
Happy N Single wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be older but, I have a great lovelife and a wonderful partner.....Maybe ewwwwwwwwwwwwww should consider what kind of "bag" you are.
Closed minded
naive
short sighted
Ignorant
Take your pick LOL
I'm not a disgusting old bag like u r. Gross!
testing the waters

River Falls, WI

#20 Dec 4, 2008
She was pushed out of the truck while trying to get away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chetek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Assaulted teenager (Dec '07) May 14 wishiwasproudofth... 115
Mayor of new auburn wis (Nov '17) Feb '18 Mr organice 3
Lost Dog Jan '18 BvaFoss 1
Jenn-Air Electric wall oven (Jan '17) Jan '17 seller 1
Tryna have sex (Nov '15) Nov '16 Random 6
Do u shop at Bridge stop in chetek if so read (Sep '16) Sep '16 crazim4 2
Ted Cruz Exposed, watch the Video. then Vote (Apr '16) Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1

Chetek Jobs

Personal Finance

Chetek Mortgages