Rice Lake Teacher Charged In Incident With Student

Full story: WCCO-TV 40
A teacher employed by the Rice Lake School District in Wisconsin has been charged on suspicion of having inappropriate contact with a student, according to the Rice Lake Police Department.Police in Rice Lake, ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
high school student

Chippewa Falls, WI

#21 Oct 24, 2007
i had mr. suino when i was in fifth grade
my brother and sister both had him
we all loved him as a teacher
and for those ppl who sit there and say bad things about well ya know what i doubt you ppl even know him
i looked forward to having mr suino as a teacher and i remember when i had him i always liked him as a teacher
he goes to the football games and kids love him
i alwasy see kids walking up to him and talking to him...i mean an occasional high five was the only physical touch with them...
for all you people out there who think hes an animal...
well f off
Mike

Reedsburg, WI

#22 Oct 24, 2007
Totally unacceptable behavior for a teacher. I am sorry, but i think it's unappropriate. If he was doing that to my son, I would tell him to consider legal counsel and press criminal charges. 10 year old kids are defenseless. Where is the trust at school?
get a clue

Rice Lake, WI

#23 Oct 24, 2007
high school student wrote:
i had mr. suino when i was in fifth grade
my brother and sister both had him
we all loved him as a teacher
and for those ppl who sit there and say bad things about well ya know what i doubt you ppl even know him
i looked forward to having mr suino as a teacher and i remember when i had him i always liked him as a teacher
he goes to the football games and kids love him
i alwasy see kids walking up to him and talking to him...i mean an occasional high five was the only physical touch with them...
for all you people out there who think hes an animal...
well f off
are you friends with michael jackson f yourself
john myers

Chetek, WI

#24 Oct 25, 2007
good touch is a pat on the back bad touch is sticking your hands under akids shirt and down there pants.like he did 3 eye witnesses. no teacher better not ever touch my child under there shirt ever
Tom Smith

United States

#25 Oct 31, 2007
There appears to be many different types of touching allegations against this teacher ranging from backrubs to touching a student down the back of the pants around the waistline. The backrubs don't concern me as much so long as a person has a child's permission and is not against the child's will. Putting a hand around a child's waistline or in between their legs is of concern for this is abnormal contact for anyone to have with a child. It is probably best to wait and see exactly what the testimony and evidence from the child reveals at trial. However, I never really viewed this contact as disorderly conduct. I am not saying it is sexual abuse because no student has reported being touched in or on the private areas thus far, but disorderly conduct doesn't really appear to cover these alleged behaviors.
formal 5th grader parent

Mesa, AZ

#26 Oct 31, 2007
i couldn't agree more, my two sons had him in fifth grade. He was a very awesome teacher who cared about his students and padded them on the back all the time. There is even other teachers out there who i have seen do the same thing to ther students, to me it shows that they do care about there students. U shouldn't pass judegement on someone you don't even know! I hope he stays teaching. Wut about the other teachers you don't even care about there students because they are to busy favoring the other students who do extreme well in everything or that there parents are well know in the community.
high school student wrote:
i had mr. suino when i was in fifth grade
my brother and sister both had him
we all loved him as a teacher
and for those ppl who sit there and say bad things about well ya know what i doubt you ppl even know him
i looked forward to having mr suino as a teacher and i remember when i had him i always liked him as a teacher
he goes to the football games and kids love him
i alwasy see kids walking up to him and talking to him...i mean an occasional high five was the only physical touch with them...
for all you people out there who think hes an animal...
well f off
Rice Lake Resident

United States

#27 Nov 3, 2007
none of your business wrote:
I happen to know Mr. Suino personally and know what type of guy he really is. He is the kind of guy that never gets down on kids or yells at them. He is the kind of guy that is active in the community and takes time out of his schedule to coach Special Olympics activities. I use to be a student at Tainter Elementary School many years ago and I happen to know that he was the kind of teacher that the kids would say,“I hope that Mr. Suino is my teacher next year he is the coolest.” He was every student’s favorite teacher and made no enemies with his fellow staff, or any one else for that matter. I also happen to know that he would never do a crime such as this. He has been a teacher in the same district for over 20 years and I know that he would never risk the job he loves so much or the security of any one of his students, especially this far down the line in his carrier. I know for a fact that he is innocent and am only disappointed that his reputation will be forever tainted because of these false allegations.
I would just like to say that I have been a resident of the Rice Lake school district for more then 15 years. I do not personally know Mr. Suino, but casually do through businesses I have worked for that he has shopped at. I have always thought highly of him and my stepchildren have had him as a teacher. I do pray that these alligations are false, although sadly enough if they are his carreer and reputation will be ruined for life. But if they are found to be true, shame on you! our children are a precious gift and we are trusting them in your care. Mr. Suino, if you are reading this please know you are in my family's thoughts and prayers. Please let these alligations be false. I moved here from a big city to keep my children safe. I intend to keep it that way!!!!!
someone

Chetek, WI

#28 Aug 6, 2008
Ya did you hear that justice was served in court!
Rice Lake Teacher

Rice Lake, WI

#29 Aug 11, 2008
As a teacher in the district I was shocked when all this came out. I know one of the people who were brave enough to come forward. This was not the first time this happened OR the first time it was reported to the school. He had been warned before and nothing was said to authorities, so much for mandatory reporting! Thank goodness this time these individuals had the brains to bypass their incompetent principal and go to the police this time so something got done!

I have to laugh at people who are defending him with "he was a coach" "he worked with special olympics" "he loved having kids around" etc. Sounds too similar to "he was my son's baseball coach", "he was my son's 4-H leader", "he was my minister" etc.

Don't feel too bad for Mr. Suino, he received full pay this entire year, in addtion to full benefits and retirement for sitting at home. Our teacher union paid for an attorney, he chose to hire another one and we as teachers were actually asked to contribute to his defense fund...ARE YOU SERIOUS???

As a teacher I don't touch students on their stomachs, under their shirts, under their waistbands, etc. Sexual or not if you don't know better find another job! As a teacher and as a parent I am shocked and concerned at how many people think this is okay!
Because I am smart

Eau Claire, WI

#30 Aug 11, 2008
The fact that not just one student came forward to tell this story should set a flag off to tell you it is true. Another case of abuse of power. Teachers are their to teach English, Math, and Science, not hands on sex education. The fact that he touched a child at all should be defined as sexual assault of a minor. I can't believe he recieved disorderly conduct. Why else would you touch a child like that under their shirt if it wasn't sexual in nature? It shouldn't be based on the part but on the intension with the touch. Disgusting!!
how sad

Black River Falls, WI

#31 Aug 13, 2008
I think people should for starters not believe anything you read in the chronowipe paper what a joke? They thrive off others misery!
no name

Barron, WI

#32 Aug 20, 2008
Rice Lake Teacher wrote:
As a teacher in the district I was shocked when all this came out. I know one of the people who were brave enough to come forward. This was not the first time this happened OR the first time it was reported to the school. He had been warned before and nothing was said to authorities, so much for mandatory reporting! Thank goodness this time these individuals had the brains to bypass their incompetent principal and go to the police this time so something got done!
I have to laugh at people who are defending him with "he was a coach" "he worked with special olympics" "he loved having kids around" etc. Sounds too similar to "he was my son's baseball coach", "he was my son's 4-H leader", "he was my minister" etc.
Don't feel too bad for Mr. Suino, he received full pay this entire year, in addtion to full benefits and retirement for sitting at home. Our teacher union paid for an attorney, he chose to hire another one and we as teachers were actually asked to contribute to his defense fund...ARE YOU SERIOUS???
As a teacher I don't touch students on their stomachs, under their shirts, under their waistbands, etc. Sexual or not if you don't know better find another job! As a teacher and as a parent I am shocked and concerned at how many people think this is okay!
I agree 100% with what you said. I know most of the teachers at the school this happened at, and my son was one of his students. And to me I felt he was to nice to students and I mean by that that he was always hugging and just seem not what a teacher should be doing kinda vibe. And it was not right he got paid all this time and then some its sick we as tax payers paid a teacher to get his kicks and what not to touch kids is nasty and just sick. And I'm glad a teacher has finally spoke up about this. Good job, unlike a few teachers backing him up thinking that he could never do this kinda stuff and so on.
noname

Barron, WI

#33 Aug 20, 2008
what a creep
name

Barron, WI

#34 Aug 20, 2008
michael jackson wrote:
<quoted text>way to go suino call me !!
nice
steve parks

Cameron, WI

#35 Aug 22, 2008
i know this guy he always seemed alittle weird a little to nice i thawt he was just gay
Former Franklin Firecrack

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Jan 9, 2011
I had Suino for my 5th grade teacher back in the day. I would consider him my favorite teacher except for Mrs. West, she was the bestest. Mr Suino loved teaching when I knew him, and he showed good touch/bad touch videos all the time, and told us how a "friend" would betray you and touch your pp.

That being said, we as kids used to laugh about how, in front of the class, he used to rub our lower backs when we went up to his desk. He would rub your lower back when you went up to ask him a question. I was a teacher's pet with him and spent a lot of one on one time with him, and he never once asked me to pull my pants down, or do anything inappropriate. He had chances to do anything he wanted to try, but he never did anything out of bounds. The only thing he ever did was rub my back while I asked him questions at his desk, in front of the whole class. I honestly think, looking back as an adult, he did it to give kids comfort. He never once "groomed" me to go into the coat closet and show my pp. I mean how many kids came across his classroom that didn't get a hug or any positive reinforcement for doing something good? This is a good guy, and one of my favorite teachers ever. Honestly I spent a lot of one on one time with him and he never did anything inappropriate. I won't be crying on Oprah telling my story, he was really a good guy.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#37 Jan 16, 2011
Former Franklin Firecrack wrote:
I had Suino for my 5th grade teacher back in the day. I would consider him my favorite teacher except for Mrs. West, she was the bestest. Mr Suino loved teaching when I knew him, and he showed good touch/bad touch videos all the time, and told us how a "friend" would betray you and touch your pp.
That being said, we as kids used to laugh about how, in front of the class, he used to rub our lower backs when we went up to his desk. He would rub your lower back when you went up to ask him a question. I was a teacher's pet with him and spent a lot of one on one time with him, and he never once asked me to pull my pants down, or do anything inappropriate. He had chances to do anything he wanted to try, but he never did anything out of bounds. The only thing he ever did was rub my back while I asked him questions at his desk, in front of the whole class. I honestly think, looking back as an adult, he did it to give kids comfort. He never once "groomed" me to go into the coat closet and show my pp. I mean how many kids came across his classroom that didn't get a hug or any positive reinforcement for doing something good? This is a good guy, and one of my favorite teachers ever. Honestly I spent a lot of one on one time with him and he never did anything inappropriate. I won't be crying on Oprah telling my story, he was really a good guy.
People change
Storm warning

De Forest, WI

#38 Jan 21, 2011
Rice Lake Home of the fighting Somamilans
Ghost

Scranton, PA

#39 Feb 3, 2011
As far as the Barron County courts are concerned, Mr. Suino is already guilty of the crimes. The Barron County court is pretty corrupt. I heard there was a mandate that they will not accept Alfred or No Contest pleas. Either a person pleads guilty, or takes it all the way to trial. If Mr. Siuno is lucky, the DA will allow him to plead down to a lesser charge. By the way, Judge Doyle represented DA Angela Beranek and her current husband in their divorces from their ex's. Judge Babler officated over DA Baranek's divorce. Just something to think up when considering the fairness of the Barron County courts.

There have been a number of teachers in the news who have been accused of inappropriate behavior with their students. Some were convicted. Certainly makes you wonder who to trust. Heck you can't even trust the police anymore. Birchwood Officer Pete Weatherhead is scheduled currently for a mid July trial on a sexual assault charge. Hayward Officer Robert Whyte is scheduled for an October jury trial on sexual assault charges too.
Terra Simpson

Encinitas, CA

#41 Mar 23, 2013
I take 3 group exercise classes a week and all 3 of my teachers are women. I've been touched on my arm or my lower back. Heck, I even had a former teacher who is also a woman tell me how good I was looking because off all of the hard work I was doing. I was late for class one time and after the class I was complaining and the sub who is a woman just stood there smiled and rubbed my lower back while just talking to me. So,I don't think there's a problem with it. Any opinions on that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chetek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) Mon fetch almighty 7,058
Carfax Coupon Code 2011 (Apr '11) Sep 12 Karl 4
Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Tealiban Fascists 7
Review: Olsen & Son Drug Store Aug 21 bambi 1
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Pro People 2,234
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul '14 BOBBY 452
Teen Arrested Following Wis. Bank Robbery Jul '14 S knoll 1
•••
•••
•••

Chetek Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chetek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chetek News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chetek
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••