Area man arrested for 10th OWI

Area man arrested for 10th OWI

There are 20 comments on the WQOW story from Jun 14, 2010, titled Area man arrested for 10th OWI. In it, WQOW reports that:

Officers arrest a Barron County man for driving drunk for the 10th time. Ivan Hazelwood of Chetek, was picked up on Highway 8 Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQOW.

no name

Rice Lake, WI

#1 Jun 19, 2010
I was with him, he was NOT drunk, he tested negative for alcohol at the jail. This is not justice, it is a witch hunt. Once on parole they are determined to put you back in before parole is over.

Ivan has been going to school, getting A's, and had just got a good job. Too bad Barron Cty doesn't reward for trying to fix your life, instead they chastise and fake their facts to get another notch on their belt. Shame on them. Shame on Officer Fitch of Turtle Lake. He is the one that should be in trouble for falsifying information and when he took off with Ivan in the car he sped off doing at least 80 mph for no reason, putting everyone on the road near him at risk.
haha

Cameron, WI

#2 Jun 20, 2010

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 20, 2010
ya that is so true-officers just arrest people for nothing these days-NOT!!!!!!!
no name

Rice Lake, WI

#4 Jun 21, 2010
sometimes YES they do. You are a fool if you think otherwise. Wait, it will happen to someone you know someday then you will know how WRONG you are. Have a great, blind day like you are
New Auburn

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jun 22, 2010
No Name:

There's no way I'm feeling sorry for this guy. Why is he driving anyway. Does he really have a driver's license?

There was an open alcohol container in the car. If I was the officer, seeing the open alcohol container and then looking up his info and finding out that he has 9 OWI's before this event,I would have taken him to jail as well.

As far your argument goes regarding your friend smelling of alcohol/eyes is untrue, it's all subjective. The officer will win this argument in court every time. Deal with it. You see it your way, he sees it his and so will the judge.

One or maybe even two OWI's, I can give the guy another chance. But 9 prior? No sympathy here. One less loser off the road if you ask me.

The fact that you were with him makes you the least credible person on this message board. I wouldn't doubt that you're just as big of a loser as he is.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 Jun 22, 2010
New Auburn wrote:
No Name:
There's no way I'm feeling sorry for this guy. Why is he driving anyway. Does he really have a driver's license?
There was an open alcohol container in the car. If I was the officer, seeing the open alcohol container and then looking up his info and finding out that he has 9 OWI's before this event,I would have taken him to jail as well.
As far your argument goes regarding your friend smelling of alcohol/eyes is untrue, it's all subjective. The officer will win this argument in court every time. Deal with it. You see it your way, he sees it his and so will the judge.
One or maybe even two OWI's, I can give the guy another chance. But 9 prior? No sympathy here. One less loser off the road if you ask me.
The fact that you were with him makes you the least credible person on this message board. I wouldn't doubt that you're just as big of a loser as he is.
Very Welly stated
no name

Rice Lake, WI

#7 Jun 24, 2010
You people are all so judgmental, and don't even listen to the truth. THere is another man in the same jail, same circumstances. He tested negative for alcohol TOO, and he got charged. Wisconsin is notorious for the cops trumping up charges.

I hope someday something like this happens to you hippocrits too, and believe me IT CAN...

Furthermore, he paid for his past crimes and should not be judged on them with this case even if he was drunk, and LISTEN TO ME PEOPLE, he was not drunk, had not drank, quit being so righteous and ignorant.
no name

Rice Lake, WI

#8 Jun 24, 2010
You know what person in Cameron WI....you are the ignorant loser, to say such things. Just because I was with him don't mean I am a loser, or either is he. You know what a NOTHING area this is, you can't get around without driving. I had a migraine, so he drove SOBER....you are a fool if you think the Cameron cops or any cop in that area won't get you someday too. THey don't need a reason, they are as corrupt as they come.

Go pat yourself on the back, you are such a GOOOOOD person...NOT

Judge not least you shall be judge....then stick it where the sun don't shine, LOSER
no name

Rice Lake, WI

#9 Jun 24, 2010
What is WI known as???? The BEER capital. The state and the people sure are ok with taking taxes from bars and liquor stores, aren't they???? Tell me that bars stop serving a person after they would be technically drunk???? NOT!!! Or they wouldn't be in business. And why is it that there is a bar practically every mile or so on Hwy 8, plus all over the state??? And why do we see off duty officers in Bruce, Wi drinking then getting in their cars. AND I was in the VFW in Barron last year, 8 EMS employee's in their uniforms, came with 2 ambulances, sat down, said they were on duty, and ordered drinks.

Get real people who are criticizing, your whole state is full of people that drink, and drive. Not that it's right, but cops do, ambulance people do, and then they go "help" people. Tell us that is right.

So get off your high horse and face reality. Shut up about my guy and me. He was not drunk, I was not drunk, and when the blood tests come back, we will be suing for false arrest.

He is probably a better driver drunk, than you are sober.( but he wasn't)
New Auburn

San Francisco, CA

#10 Jun 25, 2010
No Name:

Again, the idiocy of your arguments are mind-blowing. If only Darwinism was real...

So you're telling me "your guy" has had 9 prior false arrests for OWI? Wow. That's some bad luck.

There was an OPEN ALCOHOL CONTAINER in the car, which I'd put money down that one of you drank while driving down the road, right before you were pulled over.

I'm not criticizing, I'm stating facts. I've never driven anywhere after drinking (it's called a sober cab)and wouldn't you know, I've never been pulled over for an OWI. What are the chances of "your man" getting 10 false arrests and me zero? Life's just not fair I guess.

Have fun wasting your time and money suing for false arrest. What's your evidence? Him testing negative for alcohol when he got to jail (if that's even true)will be dismissed in court. The court takes into consideration the condition of "your man" when he was pulled over. Not at the jail. I'm sure he failed a road sobriety test, which was recorded on the police car's dash camera. The judge will see this and you'll be out a couple hundred dollars and look like morons.

You were caught red-handed. Get the f--k over it and quit putting myself and others in danger.
Dumb Bitch

Barron, WI

#11 Jun 26, 2010
Wendee is just mad that Ivan wont beat her anymore. I know a jailer that was working that night and Ivan DID test possitive for alcohol.

Since: Dec 09

Romeoville, IL

#12 Jun 30, 2010
9 DUI convictions and only a 3 year suspension ? Wow. Everyone here also fails to mention hes a registered sex offender. This guy sounds like a class act. I would tend to believe him and his idiot friend who was with him over the cop any day of the week...NOT.
Mom

United States

#13 Jul 22, 2010
haha wrote:
http://offender.fdle.state.fl. us/offender/flyer.do?personId= 49790
I'm glad he was arrested. Keep your children safe!

And anyone with any sense at all knows that you never, ever have an open container of alcohol in a vehicle when driving. If you had to transport it, you should've put it in the trunk.
Ms Sick of BS people

Antigo, WI

#14 Oct 4, 2010
rice lake wrote:
ya that is so true-officers just arrest people for nothing these days-NOT!!!!!!!
THEY DO IN SMALL TOWN WISCONSIN.... you are a idiotic moron, who doesn't even live in this area so you don't even know. Hell, I was at a wedding reception at a VFW and 8 ambulance attendants came in, sat down at the bar, drank, and when I asked them who was on duty, THEY WERE.... I have seen cops in bars drinking and going to their cars and driving away.Quit the self righteous bs, and shut the H up!!!!
Ms Sick of BS people

Antigo, WI

#15 Oct 4, 2010
Dumb Bitch wrote:
Wendee is just mad that Ivan wont beat her anymore. I know a jailer that was working that night and Ivan DID test possitive for alcohol.
Gee.You go by DUMB BITCH????? I heard you really are!! And no, dumb bitch, it will show up in court that it did NOT show up positive in the jail when brought there, and NO he didn't beat her you bitch moron. What's the matter fool, have nothing else to do?????
Ms Sick of BS people

Antigo, WI

#16 Oct 4, 2010
You proved you are a dumb bitch by saying she was mad he couldn't beat her up anymore. Never did, never happened. Just jealous I guess.
Ms Sick of BS people

Antigo, WI

#17 Oct 4, 2010
Dumb Bitch wrote:
Wendee is just mad that Ivan wont beat her anymore. I know a jailer that was working that night and Ivan DID test possitive for alcohol.
Hey DUMB BITCH..... guess you are. You are supposed to put YOUR NAME on it, and YOU DID

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18 Oct 4, 2010
FYI-I do live in this area smart one.
Ms Sick of BS people wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY DO IN SMALL TOWN WISCONSIN.... you are a idiotic moron, who doesn't even live in this area so you don't even know. Hell, I was at a wedding reception at a VFW and 8 ambulance attendants came in, sat down at the bar, drank, and when I asked them who was on duty, THEY WERE.... I have seen cops in bars drinking and going to their cars and driving away.Quit the self righteous bs, and shut the H up!!!!
Sick of hippocrits

Antigo, WI

#19 Nov 12, 2010
So tired of you people who must be living in a cave. You know nothing. But you will someday when this happens to someone you love, and it will. Especially in this rotten state. They have nothing better to do, rev's up income for the counties and state. Not everyone is guilty just because a cop got bored, stopped someone and falsely accused that person of something. Gotta justify their paychecks.

A person can change and be a better person, but the system won't let them ever live it down.

When you love someone you all have to live with the good and the bad, and although no angel, he has changed. I love him, he loves me. I don't give a damn what any of you think.

I don't care what your comments are, you all have skeleton's in your closet. Someday they may come out and I hope they put your name on the news.
Sick of hippocrits

Antigo, WI

#20 Nov 12, 2010
Hey dumb bitch, you found out no such thing, because it was NEGATIVE at the jail. I SAW the papers. Stupid slut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chetek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Derek Campbell/ D-Lo (Oct '09) May '16 Cpt 17
Ted Cruz Exposed, watch the Video. then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Ted Cruz Exposed, watch the Video. then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Trump and the National Debt Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Barron County Courthouse News--Dec. 6 (Jan '08) Dec '15 Justine Riley 24
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Phil Late ist 12

Chetek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chetek Mortgages