Sidewalks in Rice Lake

Sidewalks in Rice Lake

Posted in the Chetek Forum

dont they listen

Blair, WI

#1 May 12, 2009
I am just wondering what other peoples comments are on the city councils decision to go ahead and go against the many citizens begging not to procede with the sidewalk projects. I am not even one of the poor people that have been assessed ungodly amounts for the unnecessary projects,yet I am fumming. I walk my dog about every night using sidewalks in town and I can count on one hand how many other people I see using the sidewalks. They have decided to put sidewalks in some of the oldest parts of town that never have had sidewalks. Why now? Why when people are struggling to eat and provide a roof over their head because their hours have been cut or their job has been eliminated all together? If those on city council actually cares about its citizens then they would be pounding the pavement trying to bring good paying jobs into this area.
steve

Eau Claire, WI

#2 Jul 1, 2009
we need jobs not side wlaks

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Aug 18, 2009
oh
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Apr 4, 2013
dont they listen wrote:
I am just wondering what other peoples comments are on the city councils decision to go ahead and go against the many citizens begging not to procede with the sidewalk projects. I am not even one of the poor people that have been assessed ungodly amounts for the unnecessary projects,yet I am fumming. I walk my dog about every night using sidewalks in town and I can count on one hand how many other people I see using the sidewalks. They have decided to put sidewalks in some of the oldest parts of town that never have had sidewalks. Why now? Why when people are struggling to eat and provide a roof over their head because their hours have been cut or their job has been eliminated all together? If those on city council actually cares about its citizens then they would be pounding the pavement trying to bring good paying jobs into this area.
Installation of sidewalks provides paying jobs
Did you think people lay sidewalks for free?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chetek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Derek Campbell/ D-Lo (Oct '09) May '16 Cpt 17
Ted Cruz Exposed, watch the Video. then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Ted Cruz Exposed, watch the Video. then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Trump and the National Debt Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Barron County Courthouse News--Dec. 6 (Jan '08) Dec '15 Justine Riley 24
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Phil Late ist 12

Chetek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chetek Mortgages