Restaurants' opposition might stop gu...

Restaurants' opposition might stop gun bill in House | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 65 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 14, 2011, titled Restaurants' opposition might stop gun bill in House | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Do restaurant owners have more clout than law-enforcement officers with Ohio lawmakers? The Ohio Senate easily passed legislation yesterday to allow people with concealed-carry permits to take their guns into bars, restaurants, arenas, museums and other areas where alcohol is served - as long as they don't drink.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Conservatives Lie

Columbus, OH

#64 Apr 15, 2011
People are not supposed to drink and drive, either. Yet untold THOUSANDS of law-abiding, licensed drivers go into these establishments and 'bend' this law every day!

Don't even try to say that all gun packers will refrain from drinking JUST because they are morally superior in judgment.

That is sticking your head in the sand.
Macktrapper

Newark, OH

#65 Apr 15, 2011
Conservatives Lie wrote:
People are not supposed to drink and drive, either. Yet untold THOUSANDS of law-abiding, licensed drivers go into these establishments and 'bend' this law every day!
Don't even try to say that all gun packers will refrain from drinking JUST because they are morally superior in judgment.
That is sticking your head in the sand.
You are absoultely right. Some will drink anyway, and I hope every one of them gets caught.

You still need to explain why this would be a problem in Ohio when it is not a problem in the 30+ states that already allow it.
Stephen Peele

Cincinnati, OH

#66 Apr 15, 2011
Common sense is that law abiding citizens are trusted not to drink and drive, so considering background checks and significant training I can probably trust licensed gun owners to do a pretty good job.

Make a clear distinction between legal and illegal guns when you make arguments against legislation and please ask her to read the language.
Stephen Peele

Cincinnati, OH

#67 Apr 15, 2011
Macktrapper wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absoultely right. Some will drink anyway, and I hope every one of them gets caught.
You still need to explain why this would be a problem in Ohio when it is not a problem in the 30+ states that already allow it.
If conservatives lie, then liberals cry...always whining about life and wanting to protect everyone from themselves. Did you know that CRIME DECREASES in places where people are allowed to legally carry guns?
Conservatives Lie

Columbus, OH

#68 Apr 16, 2011
Stephen Peele wrote:
<quoted text>
If conservatives lie, then liberals cry...always whining about life and wanting to protect everyone from themselves. Did you know that CRIME DECREASES in places where people are allowed to legally carry guns?
That is another monumental conservative LIE!

Texas is leading (by far) the nation in executions and pistol-packing citizenry. Even with their 'liberal' Castle Laws, they have NOT emptied their prisons, nor escaped crime.
Spewing opinions is easy. Back up your bogus, bald-faced lie with proof.

I am a second amendment supporter, and have had guns my whole life. Don't even try that stupid crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Melaragno, westlake drug theif (Oct '14) Wed susan 43
in town for a day, need dog food. (Sep '15) Sep '15 sickashell 1
DownTown Willoughby bar scene single friendly o... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Seriouslady 2
News Bow hunting cruel, women say (Oct '06) Jun '15 zimmz 29
What James Franco gets wrong about working for ... (May '15) May '15 Unhappy parent 1
Cody Wayne Huelsman (Feb '14) Nov '14 ank 2
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" (Oct '14) Oct '14 Barb 1

Chesterland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterland Mortgages