Bill expanding Ohio's concealed-carry...

Bill expanding Ohio's concealed-carry law advances in Senate | The ...

There are 18 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 26, 2010, titled Bill expanding Ohio's concealed-carry law advances in Senate | The .... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Cleveland police detective Stephen Loomis didn't mince words in blasting a legislative proposal that would allow holders of concealed-carry permits to take guns into bars, sporting events and restaurants that sell alcohol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

cecil bright

Dayton, OH

#1 Sep 27, 2010
my family is not as safe going to our favorite pizza place when i have to leave my weapon in the car. i am a law abbiding citizen and a none drinker i should not be a victim of an assult because i obey my state laws

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#2 Sep 27, 2010
Article wrote:
"I have spent a career dealing with problems in bars, nightclubs, entertainment-district restaurants and men's clubs, and I can tell you without doubt or hesitation the introduction of firearms ... will result in the senseless loss of human life, "Detective Stephan Loomis told the Senate Judiciary Committee on Criminal Justice today.
The cop is obviously a liar. Any person who would commit murder, or who would kill a person for a petty reason or for lack of self control will not obey a law that prohibits gun possession or the use of guns.

A murderer will not obey gun control laws. Criminals ignore laws, especially gun control laws.

The detective (the pig) proves that pigs will lie and provide false testimony. The pig's testimony also proves what I've said all along here at Topix that pigs are antigun and anyone who said otherwise were liars too.
Article wrote:
Mark Drum of the Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio said police are concerned that permit holders might begin using "quick-draw" holsters that attach to the interior of a vehicle, leave a gun on the dashboard, or even start "twirling" them in their hands.

In bars, the idea of a "designated driver" would be replaced by a "designated shooter," Drum said.
Wow. The pig union is worried gun owners could "twirl" their gun (in a fking bar, oh my, or in a restaurant !!).

Police are not safety experts, they're safety hazards. We would be better off if we banned half of all the pigs.

Fewer pigs means more guns means less crime (an armed society is a safer society), more privacy, more freedom, more prosperous, and more safety.

Was an old article but provided some interesting proof about pigs that most posters here will not want to comment about (or they'll want to deny).
Hank G

Columbus, OH

#3 Sep 27, 2010
I'm worried that people like Mark Drum represents our law enforcement. The image of someone "twirling" a gun is something out of a B western. Mr. Drum needs to realize that in the real world, CHL holsers are not the ones he needs to fear, and I hope that all LEO's don't share his distorted views.
Liddleguy

Columbus, OH

#4 Sep 27, 2010
cecil bright wrote:
my family is not as safe going to our favorite pizza place when i have to leave my weapon in the car. i am a law abbiding citizen and a none drinker i should not be a victim of an assult because i obey my state laws
Did you mean non drinker or known drinker?
Another Voice Heard From

Lehigh Acres, FL

#5 Sep 27, 2010
This article is from back in May and has been discussed do death in another thread.
hamburger pimp

Columbus, OH

#6 Sep 27, 2010
Kind of hard to twirl a handgun and stick it back in your holster a la Clint Eastwood when you're sitting in a vehicle anyway.

"We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom." - Kang
J- Webster

Ashtabula, OH

#7 Dec 3, 2010
My opinion is that those who would probablly shoot up a bar would not have a ccw permiit, and that they probably carry a concealed weopon where ever they go. It all goes back to the saying"when guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns. and the Police. I don't have a police officer with me very often I am a retired military police supervisor and investigator, I go to many places that I feel the need to carry a weapon, and under the law I do. I do not drink alcohol at all and do not use or abuse drugs. I feel it is not unreasonable to carry a license weapon where ever I go. I do understand that for the Police, this may be a increase to the problems they deal with, but, I am sure they can do it.
ron

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Feb 11, 2011
i agree with the bill--my wife and I have been out to eat and most of the better establisshments see alcohol and have to leave my weapon in the truck....we are both non drinkers and this law would be welcome
WhiteyTheMan

Columbus, OH

#9 Feb 11, 2011
cecil bright wrote:
the same way you were not able to ball up a fist and defend yourself you will be just as scared with a gun probably get it taken from you your best bet is gonna be to get your beck shelter together fast you are gonna need it
Carcajou

Cumberland, MD

#10 Feb 11, 2011
Fk Det. Loomis. Who the hell does he think he is? He thinks that only police can be responsible with guns. Fk him & the horse he rode in on, hell the citizens taxes pay for both. He needs to shut his fkng mouth & obey the CONSITUTION.
Carcajou

Cumberland, MD

#11 Feb 11, 2011
^Constitution^
james hosler

Columbus, OH

#12 Feb 26, 2011
Those who have there ccw permit are law abiding people. There not the ones out looking for trouble. I once heard a police officer say he very seldom had any one tell him on a traffic stop that they had there ccw and were carring due to the fact that there not the ones getting pulled over.
that in its self shows ccw holders are not the peple you need to worry about.
There is no law you can make that will keep the guns out of criminals hands. So you must at least allow law abiding people to exercize there second amendment rights.
I recall lots of people saying the ccw permit would turn ohio in to the wild wild west. That has yet to happen.

Remember concealed carry is not supposed to be comfortable it is supposed to be comforting.
Sam s

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#13 Mar 7, 2011
Make the cops follow the same rules as us when they are off duty. They can carry their guns and drink alcohol. But they wave the BS flag that they are law enforcement and they are exempt.
Carrier

Columbus, OH

#14 Mar 8, 2011
UM Right officer. Let's see. The pst couple of nights there have been a stabbing and a shooting in a bar by people without CCW Permits. These are the people causing the shootings in the city and around. A bunch of non law abiding citizens.

Police were created to respond to after the fact. They come in to clean up the scene and investigate. Not there to prevent the death.
Sean

United States

#15 Apr 16, 2011
I totally agree with the changing of the law. Those that have the concealed carry in the state have to go through a rigorous background check and a 10 hr training course. It is not just handed out to anyone. It those that carry and do not have this permit we need to worry about!!!
CCW

West Jefferson, OH

#16 Apr 19, 2011
Mark Drum parades out that same ridiculous "twirl on the finger" rhetoric that made him look so stupid the last time he used it. What a dopey comment. I suppose the ant-gunners think its clever. And for the Dispatch editorial writer: next time you quote me, use the quote in context. Nobody wants to bring a gun to "the party." We only want our god-given rights respected. Your insane bias is painfully obvious. Yes, I do read the Dispatch, for now.
Tim Erard

Toledo, OH

#17 Apr 20, 2011
It is against the law for a ccw person to drink even a drop if carrying. The problem with the law as it is, is that I can not go into nice restaurant that also serves alcohol with my family and carry a gun. It is not the law biding citizen that will carry a gun into a bar and drink, as always these people that do that most probably won't even have a ccw liscense. I understand the police stance but it is not I ,that the police have to be concerned with in a bar it is the person that is carrying with out a ccw permit who will be in that bar any way with a gun. This is a good law for people who legally carry a concealed gun for the protection of thier families.
Fred Benzik

Canton, OH

#18 May 23, 2011
Love it !! hope I can take it to the park with me too and the grocery store.Why should we have to be un armed shopping for groceries when criminals will shop with them.This is a long time coming,I never leave home without my loaded firearm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Melaragno, westlake drug theif (Oct '14) Mar '16 SweetSummertime 42
in town for a day, need dog food. (Sep '15) Sep '15 sickashell 1
DownTown Willoughby bar scene single friendly o... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Seriouslady 2
News Bow hunting cruel, women say (Oct '06) Jun '15 zimmz 29
What James Franco gets wrong about working for ... (May '15) May '15 Unhappy parent 1
Cody Wayne Huelsman (Feb '14) Nov '14 ank 2
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" (Oct '14) Oct '14 Barb 1

Chesterland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterland Mortgages