Early clash marks Collins-Taylor hear...

Early clash marks Collins-Taylor hearing | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 76 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 19, 2010, titled Early clash marks Collins-Taylor hearing | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The confirmation hearing for Ohio Public Safety Director Cathy Collins-Taylor got off to a sputtering start this morning but featured some critical testimony from the State Highway Patrol's former No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
columbusreader

Cleveland, OH

#1 May 19, 2010
Gov. Ted Strickland's office sent out a release soon afterward saying that it was a technique used in the past.

Yeah, and 2 + 2 = 15 because Ted says it's a "fact."
runner1934

Van Wert, OH

#2 May 19, 2010
All the more reason Strickland and his cronies need to be shown the door in November!
Common Sense

Canal Winchester, OH

#3 May 19, 2010
Interesting article. The quote from Col. Costas was very insightful: "I can say from my experience with the current administration that that oversight has grown to unprecedented levels of influence, interference and control of many administrative and operational functions of the patrol by the director's office and chief legal counsel." Concerning the "Knock and Talk" procedure,
"Gov. Ted Strickland's office sent out a release soon afterward saying that it was a technique used in the past." Is that how Strickland wants to justify it? It doesn't make it right. Unbelievable!
kec48

Ashland, OH

#4 May 19, 2010
this nomination is dead. strickland needs to realize that and the reappoint someone who can be confirmed.
swilliams

Columbus, OH

#5 May 19, 2010
she should not be permitted to keep her job
CSD

United States

#6 May 19, 2010
This is looking bad for Ted !!
delaware resident

Radnor, OH

#7 May 19, 2010
ted can't see any problem becouse liers and thieves don't see anything wrong in what they do ever. he needs to go along with his whole stafe. remember mark dann ted thought he was ok also.
Hungry

Columbus, OH

#8 May 19, 2010
My goodness - FORMER #2 Costas - does anyone not see a problem with this. He retired from the job - I feel he has no say!!
fed up

Reynoldsburg, OH

#9 May 19, 2010
Hungry wrote:
My goodness - FORMER #2 Costas - does anyone not see a problem with this. He retired from the job - I feel he has no say!!
He's the perfect witness. He has nothing to lose because he's RETIRED!Strickland has had two absolute hacks in this job and needs to get someone with a hint of competence.
May Weather Blue Hair

Columbus, OH

#10 May 19, 2010
I thought State of Ohio employees had a Code of Ethics that they have to abide bid... say Bye-Bye
anon in columbus ohio

Nashville, TN

#11 May 19, 2010
Ms. Collins Taylor needs to be removed from her position, as well as a few others involved in this cancelled sting. It will not be a waste of taxpayer's money if those involved are held accountable for their actions.
JWT

Columbus, OH

#13 May 19, 2010
Good God...Ted Strickland is NOT a "liar and a thief." Just like George Bush wasn't a moron and Nixon wasn't a baby-killer. Enough with the rhetoric already. Anyone who thinks this is anything more than political theater is either blind or still has a Ken Blackwell bumper sticker on their car. The Republicans are hoping that voters will hear "drugs...tobacco...prison ...coverup...and Strickland" all in the same story and either concsiously or subconcsiously vote for Kasich because of it. If you think Grendell is sincerely just looking for "the truth" you are kidding yourself. Last time I checked, the action of the Collins-Taylor and those under her prevented a crime from being commited. This is theater.
JWT

Columbus, OH

#14 May 19, 2010
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the perfect witness. He has nothing to lose because he's RETIRED!Strickland has had two absolute hacks in this job and needs to get someone with a hint of competence.
How is someone with 30 years in law enforcement a "hack" in your eyes?

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#15 May 19, 2010
This is interfering, aiding and abetting, falsification and a host of other charges. Bring in the feds, charge the director, dickenhead and taxin ted. Homeland security investigation should result in Rico charges. They all need to be in a cell with Dann
HighMPG

Columbus, OH

#16 May 19, 2010
So did Strickland have someone in the courthouse Tweeting back to him from the chambers of this confirmation. How did he know what was said so fast to email a minute later that Costas was wrong about administrative interference. That sounds like more interference with the processes right there. If he wants to testify let him come down and answer some question on the record. We know that will never happen, he never wants anything on the record, that is why they lied covering for him.
Columbus Ohio

Reynoldsburg, OH

#17 May 19, 2010
Wow this story just keeps getting better everyday. I hope the truth finally comes out and all parties involved from the Governor; Former Director Terry Collins and current Director Ernie Moore from DR&C; Ms. Collins-Taylor; Mr. Dicken and anyone else involved in this sting are all removed immediately from their positions and prosecuted and placed behind Ohio's prison walls.

Ms. Collins-Taylor is upset over all this; is it any wonder the story is changing. Make all of these officials pay for this criminal investigation in addition to removing those who are still working from office.

Mr. Strickland will feel at home amongst the inmates in prison. It is just too bad that in his three and a half years in office that his record is not very glowing. He should be focusing on turning Ohio around and getting people back to work instead of allowing this corruption to continue.
STOP with NEW TAXES

Columbus, OH

#18 May 19, 2010
JWT wrote:
Good God...Ted Strickland is NOT a "liar and a thief." Just like George Bush wasn't a moron and Nixon wasn't a baby-killer. Enough with the rhetoric already. Anyone who thinks this is anything more than political theater is either blind or still has a Ken Blackwell bumper sticker on their car. The Republicans are hoping that voters will hear "drugs...tobacco...prison ...coverup...and Strickland" all in the same story and either concsiously or subconcsiously vote for Kasich because of it. If you think Grendell is sincerely just looking for "the truth" you are kidding yourself. Last time I checked, the action of the Collins-Taylor and those under her prevented a crime from being commited. This is theater.
Your last sentence should read "Last time I checked, the action of the Collins-Taylor and those under prevented a FEW CRIMINALS FROM BEING CAUGHT IN THE ACT."

The fact that they had records that allowed them to even consider the trap, there should be some people charge with "Conspiracy" charges.
JWT

Columbus, OH

#19 May 19, 2010
Call me ignorant, but I don't get how this is "interference?" Isn't Collins-Taylor the Director of the Dept. of Public Safety? Wasn't the sting going to be at the Governor's house? I think the police would need MY permission to conduct a sting at MY residence. Again...nobody got hurt...and their actions kept a crime from being committed. It's only a "big deal" to people who want to bring down the Governor in a tight election year. Frankly, there are about a hundred more important things going on in state government right now...things that truly affect people's lives.
William Tell

Fremont, OH

#20 May 19, 2010
Irregardless of what happened or didn't at the governors mansion this candidate is tainted and there will always be a question of her actions. While I believe in innocent until proven guilty this candidate is tainting the administration and it is probably time to politely tender her resignation in a dignified way.
Redliner

Columbus, OH

#21 May 19, 2010
circus is what it is.

Collins-Taylor is right, Ohioans also are disgusted with this waste over 6 months of taxpayers time and money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Melaragno, westlake drug theif (Oct '14) Jun '17 Middie 46
chesterlnd ohio help put trump in white house (Nov '16) Nov '16 CITIZEN J 2
who voted for donald trump in chesterland ohio (Nov '16) Nov '16 Citizen J 1
News Yours Truly employee says co-worker took pictur... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Wondering 2
News Willoughby police officer involved in shooting ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Prior resident 1
News Man charged in triple shooting at Cleveland gas... (Oct '16) Oct '16 FedUp 1
News Bow hunting cruel, women say (Oct '06) Jun '15 zimmz 29

Chesterland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterland Mortgages