Public safety chief rejected

Public safety chief rejected

There are 53 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from May 21, 2010, titled Public safety chief rejected. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

State Sen. Eric Kearney, D-Cincinnati, shows disappointment after the committee's 5-4 vote.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bodie

Columbus, OH

#2 May 21, 2010
Ms Collins Taylor should spend the day packing up her office and saying good bye to staff
and go home and enjoy weekend.
PC on the TEE

Leesburg, IN

#3 May 21, 2010
Call OBAMA and ACORN immediately. Her resume was just enhanced.
Black-Gold

Celina, OH

#4 May 21, 2010
Typical hypocrisy from those in Strickland's administration, and associated political appointments. When Charles investigated loser Dann, even Strickland reaped praise on Charles for the thorough job he had done. Investigations by Charles during the tenure of Voinovich and Taft were not political witch hunts, but now that Strickland is at the center of this mess, Dems want to point their finger at Charles and the Senate Republicans- blame anyone and don't take responsibility yourself. Just what we need in state government. Read the transcripts of the hearings- there are so many problems with how and why this sting was called off to begin with- all in the name of public safety. OK. The actual investigators thought this contraband was drugs, but let's just sweep this under the rug so it won't embarrass the governor. Ted- cut your ties to Collins-Taylor, and remove these incompetent political appointees to save Kasich the trouble of replacing them all next January. And this knock and talk policy conveniently implemented to protect Strickland- what a sorry joke.
Barney Fife

Westerville, OH

#5 May 21, 2010
Another bad Strickland appointment. How can the 4 that voted in favor for her do so.
She botched this drug/prison sting up the wazoo and covered it up.
Strickland wants to sweep it away like it was nothing.
Strickland needs to go in November.
Tha Shiznit

Columbus, OH

#6 May 21, 2010
Ha Ha (read Nelson Muntz from The Simpsons)!
STOP with NEW TAXES

Columbus, OH

#7 May 21, 2010
Sen. Shirley Smith, D-Cleveland, said Collins-Taylor has an exemplary 32-year law-enforcement record. "She has been truthful, and I think the record shows this."

What? Was Shirley taking a nap and dreaming during these hearings? Saying, "She has been truthful..." is more than a stretch of the truth.
The

Columbus, OH

#8 May 21, 2010
chair's process ended while he failed to show cause to Ohioans.

known as the symbol of an old culture emboldened stupidity, now left squatting of a glass cliff.
Hey What

Columbus, OH

#9 May 21, 2010
STOP with NEW TAXES wrote:
Sen. Shirley Smith, D-Cleveland, said Collins-Taylor has an exemplary 32-year law-enforcement record. "She has been truthful, and I think the record shows this."
What? Was Shirley taking a nap and dreaming during these hearings? Saying, "She has been truthful..." is more than a stretch of the truth.
Based on what? name ANY evidence that these jokes for a senate committee have that shows she lied? They can't provide it? They have NOthing put a majority on this senate committee and in the Ohio Senate...... The party of NO strikes again!!
Hey What

Columbus, OH

#10 May 21, 2010
Bodie wrote:
Ms Collins Taylor should spend the day packing up her office and saying good bye to staff
and go home and enjoy weekend.
I've I were Tom Charles - I would preparing for a pack up myself. Because when Strickland wins AGAIN in November ole Teddy is going to send Tommy packing.
Whos

Columbus, OH

#11 May 21, 2010
Tha Shiznit wrote:
Ha Ha (read Nelson Muntz from The Simpsons)!
Matt C is this you?
Not So Fast

Columbus, OH

#12 May 21, 2010
Black-Gold wrote:
Typical hypocrisy from those in Strickland's administration, and associated political appointments. When Charles investigated loser Dann, even Strickland reaped praise on Charles for the thorough job he had done. Investigations by Charles during the tenure of Voinovich and Taft were not political witch hunts, but now that Strickland is at the center of this mess, Dems want to point their finger at Charles and the Senate Republicans- blame anyone and don't take responsibility yourself. Just what we need in state government. Read the transcripts of the hearings- there are so many problems with how and why this sting was called off to begin with- all in the name of public safety. OK. The actual investigators thought this contraband was drugs, but let's just sweep this under the rug so it won't embarrass the governor. Ted- cut your ties to Collins-Taylor, and remove these incompetent political appointees to save Kasich the trouble of replacing them all next January. And this knock and talk policy conveniently implemented to protect Strickland- what a sorry joke.
oh are you sure of that? let's re-vist some of those investigation - I know of a few we can look at - a couple at the patrol and a few other agencies....... maybe this will bring all that to light.
rockettraveller

Las Vegas, NV

#13 May 21, 2010
Stop jacking and start packing. PS Take Strickland with you. We have had enough. Maybe she can move to Youngstown and hang out with Dann.
Tha Shiznit

Columbus, OH

#14 May 21, 2010
Whos wrote:
<quoted text> Matt C is this you?
Nope, just your friendly neighborhood Spiderman...
STOP with NEW TAXES

Columbus, OH

#16 May 21, 2010
Hey What wrote:
<quoted text> Based on what? name ANY evidence that these jokes for a senate committee have that shows she lied? They can't provide it? They have NOthing put a majority on this senate committee and in the Ohio Senate...... The party of NO strikes again!!
Collins-Taylor insists that Dicken made the final decision Jan. 9

In one of the emails she sent on Jan. 8, she tells one of her underlings, to (paraphrasing here) "...reach out to DD to stop this..."

When you see the email, it reads that she already made up her mind and is telling them to stop the operation.
dead rabbit society

Columbus, OH

#17 May 21, 2010
Sen. Shirley Smith, D-Cleveland, said Collins-Taylor has an exemplary 32-year law-enforcement record. "She has been truthful, and I think the record shows this."

Well, she won't have an exemplary 33-year law enforcement record.
HaHa

Columbus, OH

#18 May 21, 2010
STOP with NEW TAXES wrote:
Sen. Shirley Smith, D-Cleveland, said Collins-Taylor has an exemplary 32-year law-enforcement record. "She has been truthful, and I think the record shows this."
What? Was Shirley taking a nap and dreaming during these hearings? Saying, "She has been truthful..." is more than a stretch of the truth.
I agree! She must have missed most of the meetings after being ruled out of order and walking out on the procedings several times... maybe she should be the next to be kicked out of office. She showed no class or professionalism with her off-topic questions.

Since: Jun 09

Nashport, OH

#19 May 21, 2010
I found it strange that there were four people on the committee, in the face of overwhelming evidence against Kathy Collins-Taylor lacked any cognitive skills and voted for the nomination of Collins-Taylor. I would have to question the four's capacities to understand the testimony they were listing to during these confirmation hearings.
CSD

United States

#20 May 21, 2010
Another solid Ted Strickland appointee. Either way she was out of a job in six months anyhow. Ted is a electorial goner.....
4 truthjstceandamr cnway

New York, NY

#21 May 21, 2010
Did anybody really think that the Republican Senators would pass up an opportunity to stick it to Strickland this close to an election? They will do anything to get their rich banker financier friends back in office. This woman is simply cannon fodder in a political war. Good for the Gov. for sticking by her. He's a man of character. Just one more reason for me to support him.
andrew david

Middletown, OH

#23 May 21, 2010
4 truthjstceandamrcnway wrote:
Did anybody really think that the Republican Senators would pass up an opportunity to stick it to Strickland this close to an election? They will do anything to get their rich banker financier friends back in office. This woman is simply cannon fodder in a political war. Good for the Gov. for sticking by her. He's a man of character. Just one more reason for me to support him.
The governor has stood by his guns on appointees. Marc Dann comes to mind. That also was called a witch hunt by Republicans. Ooops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Melaragno, westlake drug theif (Oct '14) Nov 17 Roy 44
chesterlnd ohio help put trump in white house Nov 13 CITIZEN J 2
who voted for donald trump in chesterland ohio Nov 12 Citizen J 1
News Yours Truly employee says co-worker took pictur... Nov 11 Wondering 2
News Willoughby police officer involved in shooting ... Oct '16 Prior resident 1
News Man charged in triple shooting at Cleveland gas... Oct '16 FedUp 1
News Bow hunting cruel, women say (Oct '06) Jun '15 zimmz 29

Chesterland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterland Mortgages