Cover Up Allegations Follow Canceled ...

Cover Up Allegations Follow Canceled Drug Sting | WBNS-10TV, Ce...

There are 37 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Feb 24, 2010, titled Cover Up Allegations Follow Canceled Drug Sting | WBNS-10TV, Ce.... In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

An Ohio State Senate committee set the stage for upcoming hearings on Wednesday about a canceled drug sting at the Governor's Residence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

Pickerington, OH

#1 Feb 24, 2010
And I quote : Last week, Col. David Dicken of the Ohio State Highway Patrol said safety was the reason for the cancellation.

"We thought it was a gross violation of officer safety," Dicken said last week.

OMFG GTFU! Gross violation? Riiiiiiight... Only thing gross about any of this is that this guy made that statement. He'll be demoted for sure, if not fired. Am going to wait for the outcome, which seems to be right around the corner. In the mean time, Ill keep my shovel in hand, and my boots on, cause its getting REAL deep now!
crownknot

Hilliard, OH

#2 Feb 24, 2010
It sound like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying. I can see your point, but I still think you're full of it.
This Republican

United States

#3 Feb 24, 2010
Say no! Drugs at the Gov's mansion? OSP involved? Say no. JUST SAY NO to DRUGS. That will look good at tomorrows Ohio's failing schools.
puzzled

Warsaw, OH

#4 Feb 25, 2010
aren't all drug stings dangerous thats just sending the message out to the cracky's that if they arm their self's good enough the cops will stay away something sounds to fishy in that story
Sonny Crockett

Columbus, OH

#5 Feb 25, 2010
This Safety Director needs to resign or be fired. What was her MOTIVE to get involved in this matter?
Then she throws a Col under the bus? She is stupid or does not care what the OSHP thinks of her.
Jack Flannigan

Columbus, OH

#6 Feb 25, 2010
Col. Dicken has just dropped a pile of dung, duh!!! all law enforcement duties are dangerous and safety is always an issue. It that all you got Col. Dicken?
Juan Ramirez

United States

#7 Feb 25, 2010
Last week, Col. David Dicken of the Ohio State Highway Patrol said safety was the reason for the cancellation.

"We thought it was a gross violation of officer safety," Dicken said last week.

REALLY?????????? This is a great example of why the OSHP is not considered Peace Officers. A Peace Officer would have followed thru and made an apprehension. OSHP has a criminal investigative (detectives) section that should have been able to handle a simple conveyance charge. Hell, Obetz Police with the back up from Reese Station P.D. could have figured that out.
Zoe

Athens, OH

#8 Feb 25, 2010
I am sure there is more to this story. Strickland knew about this and it is another cover-up by Jello Ted! Good grief, this joker needs to go.
LLG

Columbus, OH

#9 Feb 25, 2010
After reading all the articles about this, I still don't understand why former Colonel Booker was let go, when Public Safety Director Cathy Collins-Taylor was the one who called off the sting ...ot at least that's what the media is reporting. Am I missing something here? If anyone else knows the answer, please clue me in.
Bluerose

Columbus, OH

#10 Feb 25, 2010
Have you noticed how Channel 10 keeps changing the headline and reintroducing the same article in order to keep it in the lineup. This whole thing is adding up to nothing but a smear campaign against Governor Rhoads. Talk about political bias. I wanna hear some dirt on Kascik! or however you spell the name.
no judgement here

West Portsmouth, OH

#11 Feb 25, 2010
LLG wrote:
After reading all the articles about this, I still don't understand why former Colonel Booker was let go, when Public Safety Director Cathy Collins-Taylor was the one who called off the sting ...ot at least that's what the media is reporting. Am I missing something here? If anyone else knows the answer, please clue me in.
Major Booker was relieved of his duties, not fired. He had announced his retirement, the week before all this happened.
Mee

Columbus, OH

#12 Feb 25, 2010
10tv .. you guys are idiots.. You keep saying Ohio State Senate when it should be Ohio Senate. Who does this stuff anyways??

“I am thankful for every day”

Since: Sep 09

too many to mention

#13 Feb 25, 2010
What a waste...go catch the dealers that are flooding the drugs throughout our streets...most inmates could smoke themselves to death for all I care.
OMFG

Dayton, OH

#14 Feb 25, 2010
I bet Strickland shows concern now. I lost total respect for him when he acted totally unconcerned & stated he would let the police handle it. If he does not care what goes on where HE lives, how can anyone believe he is concerned about where they live?

SOOOOOOOO disappointed in the governor...
OMFG

Dayton, OH

#15 Feb 25, 2010
Mee wrote:
10tv .. you guys are idiots.. You keep saying Ohio State Senate when it should be Ohio Senate. Who does this stuff anyways??
Spelling & grammar is definately NOT a requirement to work for 10TV. It is obvious the reporters do not take pride in the spelling &/or grammar either.
Old Guy

United States

#16 Feb 25, 2010
Carwash Man wrote:
And I quote : Last week, Col. David Dicken of the Ohio State Highway Patrol said safety was the reason for the cancellation.
"We thought it was a gross violation of officer safety," Dicken said last week.
OMFG GTFU! Gross violation? Riiiiiiight... Only thing gross about any of this is that this guy made that statement. He'll be demoted for sure, if not fired. Am going to wait for the outcome, which seems to be right around the corner. In the mean time, Ill keep my shovel in hand, and my boots on, cause its getting REAL deep now!
Tom Rice was correct when he stated he would fear more for saftey of a trooper working I-71 on the midnight shift. Dicken is in CYA mode!
gabby

Columbus, OH

#17 Feb 25, 2010
Just do something about it and move on. I think everyone is tired of hearing about this and we all know Strickland knew what was going on.
I know there is more important things to put in the news besides this crap.
Whatever

Columbus, OH

#18 Feb 25, 2010
Bluerose wrote:
Have you noticed how Channel 10 keeps changing the headline and reintroducing the same article in order to keep it in the lineup. This whole thing is adding up to nothing but a smear campaign against Governor Rhoads. Talk about political bias. I wanna hear some dirt on Kascik! or however you spell the name.
Governor Rhodes??????? I think you're a few Governors off. And the reason the articles keep popping up is because more and more is becoming known about this mess. If you bothered to READ them through, you'd know that.
Whatever

Columbus, OH

#19 Feb 25, 2010
gabby wrote:
Just do something about it and move on. I think everyone is tired of hearing about this and we all know Strickland knew what was going on.
I know there is more important things to put in the news besides this crap.
Again, if you bothered to READ and comprehend all these articles, you would see that this stuff is the tip of an iceberg, and a lot more is involved. That's why it's still in the news. And I'm sure some of the folks at these agencies are NOT tired of hearing about it. So speak for yourself; and if you're tired of reading it, then don't.
Whatever

Columbus, OH

#20 Feb 25, 2010
no judgement here wrote:
<quoted text>
Major Booker was relieved of his duties, not fired. He had announced his retirement, the week before all this happened.
Pretty much the same thing as being fired, wouldn't you say? Being relieved of your duties? What's he supposed to do--sit there and play cards?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Melaragno, westlake drug theif (Oct '14) Nov 17 Roy 44
chesterlnd ohio help put trump in white house Nov 13 CITIZEN J 2
who voted for donald trump in chesterland ohio Nov 12 Citizen J 1
News Yours Truly employee says co-worker took pictur... Nov 11 Wondering 2
News Willoughby police officer involved in shooting ... Oct '16 Prior resident 1
News Man charged in triple shooting at Cleveland gas... Oct '16 FedUp 1
News Bow hunting cruel, women say (Oct '06) Jun '15 zimmz 29

Chesterland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterland Mortgages