Senate committee votes against confir...

Senate committee votes against confirming Public Safety chief | The...

There are 58 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 20, 2010, titled Senate committee votes against confirming Public Safety chief | The.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Senate Criminal Justice Committee today voted 5-4 to recommend that state Public Safety Director Cathy Collins-Taylor not be confirmed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Remember When

United States

#1 May 20, 2010
Kudos to Collins-Taylor for taking on the GOP!
roger - Columbus

Wheelersburg, OH

#2 May 20, 2010
Ok, honestly whether you are a Republican or a Democrat, isn't there really somebody better for this position? Teddy should have cut his exposure to this weeks ago.
Yeah Right

Columbus, OH

#4 May 20, 2010
nothing but politics - pure politics!
Remember When

United States

#5 May 20, 2010
roger - Columbus wrote:
Ok, honestly whether you are a Republican or a Democrat, isn't there really somebody better for this position? Teddy should have cut his exposure to this weeks ago.
OK, honestly, only Republicans call him Teddy!
wag

Westerville, OH

#6 May 20, 2010
dan wrote:
The person for this job should be African American, no other qualifications should be needed!
Yea then they will just smuggle drugs into prisons themself. And if they get caught they will yell discrimination and Al Sharpton will come to Ohio and preach how we are a bunch of racist.
Senate watcher

Englewood, OH

#7 May 20, 2010
Bill Seitz isn't a RINO, he's a liberal democrat as proven by his comments and votes as senator. Clancy with her empty suit had more sense then Seitz. Next Bill will want to be a judge, no way hosea.
Yeah Right

Columbus, OH

#8 May 20, 2010
Remember When wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, honestly, only Republicans call him Teddy!
Call him Governor Teddy - bc despite the Republicans sleazy and desperate tactics TED will win in November.
dead rabbit society

Columbus, OH

#9 May 20, 2010
Remember When wrote:
Kudos to Collins-Taylor for taking on the GOP!
LOL. See told ya we aren't quite as crooked as your Chi-town machine. Justice prevailed here. Too bad you don't get to see much of that where you are, it would be like a breath of fresh air in a room full of long-dead mobsters...
DublinDem

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#10 May 20, 2010
Glad this is over
andrew david

Middletown, OH

#11 May 20, 2010
While theres plenty of blame to go around, this is politics at its worst. Being retired after 35 yrs. in state government, including working with the state patrol, if ANYONE does not believe the state patrol concelled this so as not to bring attention to the Governor and at the direction of the Governors staff, I have a a statue for sale .....Cheap. A good question for Dicken would be "Exactly what danger did he feel the Governor was in?" Abduction? Terrorist attack? Burglary? DUI? Assassination? I would love to hear that answer.
Justthetruth

Marengo, OH

#12 May 20, 2010
Come on! This was a ridiculous investigation. Who in their right mind would want a "sting" to come down at any residence that houses a Governor and his family. This was purely political and a desperate attempt by the GOP's to smear anyone that the Governor would recommend. It was a waste of my tax dollars. Don't these Senators have something important to do, like voting on the House Bill that would give families with Autistic Children insurance coverage? Shame on the 5 that voted against her confirmation!!!!
andrew david

Middletown, OH

#13 May 20, 2010
Remember When: odd analagy. Exactly how did Collins-Taylor take on the GOP? In January Ted will be able to smuggle contraband into prison by himself as he treats these prisoners. Should be one big reunion.
Northwest Sider

Dublin, OH

#14 May 20, 2010
I am starting to think that Governor Strickland is really a GINO. GINO=Governor in Name Only. It seems like the Governor's top folks are really running the show. You had the whole thing with Joe the Plumber, which was outrageous. That was approved by someone. Was it the head of ODJFS? I don't think so. Then you have the former head of DPS, Guzman. A lot of smoke there. Now, this stuff. I keep hearing about this Kent Markus fella. The concerning thing is I keeping seeing and hearing more questionable activity going on right beneath the governor. This is now becoming, dare I say, a pattern. It makes you wonder who is really running the show.
Tim T

Delaware, OH

#15 May 20, 2010
Imagine that, the Dems sticking together and going against anything reasonable.
2003 Fatboy

United States

#16 May 20, 2010
Hey Ted, why don't you and your flunky appointees put this in your pipe and smoke it! Pack your crap, CCT! Next on the chopping block... dd (CCT's referral to David Dicken in her emails.) Since she was not confirmed, this should mean her appointment of dd is void!
alfred e newman

Coatesville, PA

#17 May 20, 2010
dan wrote:
The person for this job should be African American, no other qualifications should be needed!
So maybe they should get the kid who shot his sister instead of his baby momma
Just the Facts

Columbus, OH

#18 May 20, 2010
Collins-Taylor could not put together all the Kings and Governors horses again...

Have I heard this somewhere before!

Have many more Democrat patriots will fall on their collective swords to protect King Teddy?

Can you imagine if this fairy tale administration was ran in similar fashion by the Taft family name?
What a hoot.
Remember When

United States

#19 May 20, 2010
andrew david wrote:
Remember When: odd analagy. Exactly how did Collins-Taylor take on the GOP? In January Ted will be able to smuggle contraband into prison by himself as he treats these prisoners. Should be one big reunion.
Conventional wisdom indicated that she would just go ahead and resign...instead she appeared in the lion's den chaired by a total partisan (check out The Plain Dealer's editorials of late)and defended herself honorably...and by the way, don't count Ted out too early!
Time is up

Mansfield, OH

#20 May 20, 2010
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text> Call him Governor Teddy - bc despite the Republicans sleazy and desperate tactics TED will win in November.
If you really think the absentee, lazy and pretty stupid Strickland will get reelected in the fall then you must be smoking what was tried to be left for an inmate. The lady was as stupid to cancel the sting and Teddy is stupid becasue he failed to pull her out of the running. Kasich will win by 30 points when they see how smart he is and show how stupid Strickland is.
Remember When

United States

#21 May 20, 2010
2003 Fatboy wrote:
Hey Ted, why don't you and your flunky appointees put this in your pipe and smoke it! Pack your crap, CCT! Next on the chopping block... dd (CCT's referral to David Dicken in her emails.) Since she was not confirmed, this should mean her appointment of dd is void!
The confirmation process isn't over yet...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Melaragno, westlake drug theif (Oct '14) Jun 2 Middie 46
chesterlnd ohio help put trump in white house (Nov '16) Nov '16 CITIZEN J 2
who voted for donald trump in chesterland ohio (Nov '16) Nov '16 Citizen J 1
News Yours Truly employee says co-worker took pictur... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Wondering 2
News Willoughby police officer involved in shooting ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Prior resident 1
News Man charged in triple shooting at Cleveland gas... (Oct '16) Oct '16 FedUp 1
News Bow hunting cruel, women say (Oct '06) Jun '15 zimmz 29

Chesterland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterland Mortgages