More than 80 skiers rescued after Ohi...

More than 80 skiers rescued after Ohio lift stalls | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 8 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 16, 2011, titled More than 80 skiers rescued after Ohio lift stalls | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A chairlift stalled Saturday at a northeast Ohio ski resort, leaving more than 80 people stuck for several hours until emergency crews used ropes and a pulley to lower them to safety, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Cant B

United States

#1 Jan 16, 2011
80..are you sure? Sounds like a snow job to me.
Delbert

Columbus, OH

#2 Jan 16, 2011
Maybe we should ban ski lifts. Just a thought.
Linda

Galloway, OH

#3 Jan 16, 2011
Cutting Cost? First thing that goes is maintaining the system. This goes for all things, airlines, utilities, bridges, roads etc. "New normal".
Bravo Sierra

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 Jan 16, 2011
If this was a rescue where were the live updates, theme music and interviews of family, friends, rescuers and rescued and the psychologists describing what the victims were going through?

I don't think this happened at all.
SKIER

Dublin, OH

#5 Jan 16, 2011
HELP!!!!!!
Wheres my stuff

Columbus, OH

#6 Jan 16, 2011
"We weren't stuck in an avalance."

wasn't aware that is an issue in Ohio.
Theres a fly in my soup

United States

#7 Jan 16, 2011
Wheres my stuff wrote:
"We weren't stuck in an avalance."
wasn't aware that is an issue in Ohio.
They didn't get eaten by packs of wolves either like in the movie. Nothing exciting ever happens in Ohio. For true disasters Louisiana and Cali are way out front.
Ummmmm

Westerville, OH

#8 Jan 16, 2011
Theres a fly in my soup wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't get eaten by packs of wolves either like in the movie. Nothing exciting ever happens in Ohio. For true disasters Louisiana and Cali are way out front.
That's why the Browns and Bengals suck. We need a disaster for them to "heal us" from.
9/11 was cured by the Giants win in the SuperBowl. We couldn't go through a day without breaking down and crying over Katrina until the Saints taught us to believe again. So we just need a disaster to inspire the team to help us heal.(Sorry, decaying rust belt doesn't qualify as an interesting enough disaster. And Detroit already claimed that one anyways.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Melaragno, westlake drug theif (Oct '14) 7 hr steve 31
News Bow hunting cruel, women say (Oct '06) Jun '15 zimmz 29
What James Franco gets wrong about working for ... May '15 Unhappy parent 1
Cody Wayne Huelsman (Dec '13) Nov '14 ank 3
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" (Oct '14) Oct '14 Barb 1
Stove need fixed (Jul '14) Aug '14 sue 2
News Willowick man is charged in murder (Jan '06) Jul '14 Gimme a break Mike 49
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterland Mortgages