Why They Hate Obama

There are 20 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#114 Aug 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how is taking care of people too stupid to make their own way in life, like you, totalitarian tyranny?
perhaps if yo had paid more attention in school to your studies, and not 'the ugly', you could have made something of yourself...
I take equality to mean equality in what we do. I expect honesty and character from people. I expect employment to be like minded and applied at different ways for different types of work. We are not efficient. We have to make sure that every job is going to have a percentage from each group whether we like it or not. We pay people to do nothing. The whole social welfare system is corrupted because of this. We can nt even attack real poverty because we have insitutionalized it. We have perpetual poverty today. We have many more government workers then we need just to pad the unemployment number and when you add the abuses of sick time, injuries, calling off of work and everything else, the costs are massive. We have uplifted women and they are now over 60% in college while men are being crapped on as the war on women bull is spread by nut job elitists. Well you got two and a half million men in jail and near ten million felons now as everyone is becoming a criminal. The african american community has been hammered by this as just one of the problems in the poverty game. How do you think this is going to end? I can keep writing and it is in all things not just those paragraphs and involves us all. So I bet on the totalitarian state and you call me ugly for writing it. Sorry, but the evidence on watching on the internet what the state and local police forces are doing to individuals is sickening. And the increase in Homeland Security power is demoralizing as it won't stop. Everything we do will be watched and we will be limited in our freedoms in doing it. And it will end bad. You tell me different. Come on!

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#115 Aug 18, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I take equality to mean equality in what we do. I expect honesty and character from people. I expect employment to be like minded and applied at different ways for different types of work. We are not efficient. We have to make sure that every job is going to have a percentage from each group whether we like it or not. We pay people to do nothing. The whole social welfare system is corrupted because of this. We can nt even attack real poverty because we have insitutionalized it. We have perpetual poverty today. We have many more government workers then we need just to pad the unemployment number and when you add the abuses of sick time, injuries, calling off of work and everything else, the costs are massive. We have uplifted women and they are now over 60% in college while men are being crapped on as the war on women bull is spread by nut job elitists. Well you got two and a half million men in jail and near ten million felons now as everyone is becoming a criminal. The african american community has been hammered by this as just one of the problems in the poverty game. How do you think this is going to end? I can keep writing and it is in all things not just those paragraphs and involves us all. So I bet on the totalitarian state and you call me ugly for writing it. Sorry, but the evidence on watching on the internet what the state and local police forces are doing to individuals is sickening. And the increase in Homeland Security power is demoralizing as it won't stop. Everything we do will be watched and we will be limited in our freedoms in doing it. And it will end bad. You tell me different. Come on!
Drivel.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#116 Aug 18, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> And I thank you for it. I have seen the light...Hallaleuha! And I will never, ever have guilt for it after the crap i have seen on these boards over the years. The beauty is, that most people are not Rambo in revolutions. What people like me were and you don't appreciate it is, we are/were a "dead man's switch" to warn of totalitarian tyranny along with all the goodies that have been vote in with the things you love. So it seems someone is slowing your interest down. I paid attention in school to all the ugly people did to each other. Wars removes civility and replaces it with sadism. Always the blame to someone. And we are blindly following in that path as extreme civil rights and massive pay offs from one person to another are used to bring this on. The aging boomers will be away from that switch soon enough. and it may make you happy. But it won't last. Generation X has some pragmatists. For they know they will pay dearly for the ones older then them. Perhaps a good politician will come ffrom that generation. But it is just as likely a nasty one will also.
All you ever see is your own Drivel.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#117 Aug 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, how could they pass on Sarah Palin?
That's a good thing. Biden is priceless.

When the stock market crashed, FDR got on the television,
three letter word, jobs,
Obama speaks softly and carries a big stick, believe me, Obama has a big stick. The man is priceless.

The latest one from the other half of the Abbott and Costello team was Obama on the Leno show. If we don't deepen our ports along the gulf--places like Charleston, SC, Savannah, Ga, Jacksonville Fl.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#119 Aug 18, 2013
You are right. Any Republican we nominate will overshadow poor Uncle Joe, but he's all they got.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#120 Aug 18, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicate the unemployment rate in December, 2008, when Bush left office was 7.3%
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
It went to 7.8% in January, 2009 when Obama was calling it the worst economic recession since the Great Depression. It has only fallen to 7.4% since then. Did he stop the bleeding? Maybe. At the expense of our debt. The Chinese make money buying our debt and use it to subsidize their products.
Sources do differ regarding the unemployment rate when Bush left office. However, one incontrovertible fact is that compared to the rate when Bush came into office, when he left office the rate of unemployment had grown significantly higher and was soaring.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#121 Aug 18, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Sources do differ regarding the unemployment rate when Bush left office. However, one incontrovertible fact is that compared to the rate when Bush came into office, when he left office the rate of unemployment had grown significantly higher and was soaring.
Being those figures came from the government, you're probably right about the unemployment rate. The government tends to count a single person working two part time jobs as two jobs.

Yes, Bush took office with an unemployment rate at about 4% and left with a 7% rate even by government figures. I don't really get into Bush/Obama comparisons. I didn't care much for Bush either. For me, there is too much federal market manipulation and both parties do it. The federal reserve feeding bubbles usually causes problems.

I was surprised to hear Obama say he wanted to phase out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. I don't know if that is just more blowing smoke or not. We'll see, I guess.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#122 Aug 18, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You are right. Any Republican we nominate will overshadow poor Uncle Joe, but he's all they got.
yet there is absolutely no talk of biden even running for the office, except from idiots like you...
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#123 Aug 18, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Reagan was so much smarter, a better leader, a better President then the odious Obama it isn't even funny. Obama couldn't be in the same room as Ronald Reagan. He loved this country, Obama hates it. He loved all the people, Obama only likes a certain few, and Reagan made up proud again. This guy Obama makes us want to puke.
Reagan was a solid chump. He couldn't make important decisions or start his day off right without consulting witches. Yeah, a better president to the flimsy rich.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#124 Aug 18, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
not a teahead, look at Detroit to see what unions have done to the USA. I was a union member for over 30 years, and got out when the unions screwed the workers. You leftist pukes give me the shihits. Reagan just did what had to be done to save the country. Go suck Odumbo's dildo-azzhole.
Any sucking to be done will be by you cowpie boy. Reagan started the screwing of the American middle class by allowing jobs to go overseas and pushing for those huge corporate takeovers that eliminated tens of thousands of jobs and stiffled competition. Yep. it was Reagan who acted like a sump pump against the middle class. Go some where and sit down you old stupid vet.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#125 Aug 18, 2013
Uncle Joe is not running? Read something beside the Comics some day. Uncle Joe is more popular with big money Democrats then Hillary will ever be, she is an albatross around the necks of the Democrat leaders. They won't touch her. Uncle Joe, on the other hand, has been to Iowa twice, and N H once in the last month. There is a bunch of old hags that hang around Hillary, and think she should have beaten Obama in 2008 that want Hillary, but they don't have a chance. And they have no money. You can rig all the polls, but in the end it will be 2 men on the 2016 Democrat Ticket.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#126 Aug 18, 2013
not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
Any sucking to be done will be by you cowpie boy. Reagan started the screwing of the American middle class by allowing jobs to go overseas and pushing for those huge corporate takeovers that eliminated tens of thousands of jobs and stiffled competition. Yep. it was Reagan who acted like a sump pump against the middle class. Go some where and sit down you old stupid vet.
Jobs were always allowed to go overseas. NAFTA, the job killer, was worked out under Bush Sr. and signed by Clinton after some changes due to the Canadian election. Trade with China began in the early seventies.

How do you not allow a corporate takeover? The government took over a third of GM, did they not?
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#127 Aug 18, 2013
Did you ever ask yourself why companies might go overseas for their workers? Our Union workers have priced themselves out of the market. They won't work, spend their time goofing off for huge hourly wages. Half of them are illiterate even if they have graduated from H S. You have to interview 25 to find 3 that can do the jobs you are offering.
Nobama

United States

#129 Aug 19, 2013
Is that a legit question? The answer is a given.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#130 Aug 19, 2013
not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
Any sucking to be done will be by you cowpie boy. Reagan started the screwing of the American middle class by allowing jobs to go overseas and pushing for those huge corporate takeovers that eliminated tens of thousands of jobs and stiffled competition. Yep. it was Reagan who acted like a sump pump against the middle class. Go some where and sit down you old stupid vet.
These truths are like kryptonite to the Reich....

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#131 Aug 19, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Uncle Joe is not running? Read something beside the Comics some day. Uncle Joe is more popular with big money Democrats then Hillary will ever be, she is an albatross around the necks of the Democrat leaders. They won't touch her. Uncle Joe, on the other hand, has been to Iowa twice, and N H once in the last month. There is a bunch of old hags that hang around Hillary, and think she should have beaten Obama in 2008 that want Hillary, but they don't have a chance. And they have no money. You can rig all the polls, but in the end it will be 2 men on the 2016 Democrat Ticket.
Benghazi is Hillary's undoing. That's why she retired so abruptly. She's done politically...Unless of course there is some school board position she can con herself into.
I think Ol Shotgun Joe is too much of an idiot as well. I see him getting blown away in the 1st round. Kerry doesnt stand a chance either. Be interesting to see who the Dems manage to put up for 2016. Maybe the Obama Rodeo Clown, LOLOL.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#133 Aug 19, 2013
It won't be Hillary. She doesn't have nearly the organization she needs to make a successful run, and the big money boys are holding out for Uncle Joe. Of course there is Coumo, and I heard Jerry Brown from California is making noises. He isn't that popular outside California.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#134 Aug 19, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Jobs were always allowed to go overseas. NAFTA, the job killer, was worked out under Bush Sr. and signed by Clinton after some changes due to the Canadian election. Trade with China began in the early seventies.
How do you not allow a corporate takeover? The government took over a third of GM, did they not?
Did you not view my comment correctly.....i said Reagan started the downward trajectory of the middle class. Bush 1 escalated it, and Clinton chimed in, but bounced us into a surplus. Bush 2 never had a clue and messed everything up. Corporate takeovers became the norm rather than the exception. Tea people and the party of "no" still trys to throw the middle class under the bus.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#135 Aug 19, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Did you ever ask yourself why companies might go overseas for their workers? Our Union workers have priced themselves out of the market. They won't work, spend their time goofing off for huge hourly wages. Half of them are illiterate even if they have graduated from H S. You have to interview 25 to find 3 that can do the jobs you are offering.
Ahh.....no wonder you are still in a grunt job.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#136 Aug 19, 2013
Redneck Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>Benghazi is Hillary's undoing. That's why she retired so abruptly. She's done politically...Unless of course there is some school board position she can con herself into.
I think Ol Shotgun Joe is too much of an idiot as well. I see him getting blown away in the 1st round. Kerry doesnt stand a chance either. Be interesting to see who the Dems manage to put up for 2016. Maybe the Obama Rodeo Clown, LOLOL.
Don't be fooled. Hillary got the backing of a lot of men an women across the spectrum......so much so, the tea-publicans will support her in 2016. Hillary got it and ain't a darn thing you rebels can do about it. Stay home in 2016....you vultures will get none of her meat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Deer Run Animal Medical Center (Sep '13) May 1 Mason 7
State Worker Pay Disgraceful Apr 30 American 12
Relocating to Chesterfield Mar '15 countrygirl 1
News How Did Fla. Therapist Accused of S&M with Pati... (May '14) Mar '15 Ian 3
News SOL scores a mixed bag for area schools (Aug '14) Aug '14 Rife 1
Who won the Chesterfield Clerk of Court Election? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Policepro 1
News Getting Lost (Jul '14) Jul '14 travelbug 1
More from around the web

Chesterfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]