Why They Hate Obama

There are 12489 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

fubar

Corona, CA

#11975 May 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Boloney. I was around in 1975 and there were plenty of blacks working and getting the same education that they are today. The point is there is no excuse why anybody cannot make it in the US today. I've yet to meet or read of a successful excuse maker. There is no such thing.
Back in the early 70's where I grew up, a landlord didn't rent to a single black woman with two children. She took him to court for discrimination and he was ordered by the court to provide free rent to the woman for one year.
Blacks were not as shut out as you think. Blacks were in the mostly white school I attended. Blacks were able to purchase homes and rent where they wanted. It's been illegal to discriminate against blacks for employment since the Civil Rights Act of 1965.
Donald Sterling paid record settlements for not renting to blacks and other minorities.Guess what year that was? 2010. Racism in housing and employment is illegal but enforcement is lax. Discrimination is still very much a part of our culture , not only for blacks but also Latinos, Asians, Jews, Gays ,Muslims etc..
fubar

Corona, CA

#11976 May 17, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!
Liar, liar, pants on fire!
(quote)
Redlining
Report on Redlining (cover), 1975
Redlining is the practice of arbitrarily denying or limiting financial services to specific neighborhoods, generally because its residents are people of color or are poor. While discriminatory practices existed in the banking and insurance industries well before the 1930s, the New Deal's Home Owners' Loan Corporation (HOLC) instituted a redlining policy by developing color-coded maps of American cities that used racial criteria to categorize lending and insurance risks. New, affluent, racially homogeneous housing areas received green lines while black and poor white neighborhoods were often circumscribed by red lines denoting their undesirability. Banks and insurers soon adopted the HOLC's maps and practices to guide lending and underwriting decisions. Further, the Federal Housing Administration, created in 1934, also used the HOLC's methods to assess locations for federally insured new housing construction.
Like other forms of discrimination, redlining had pernicious and damaging effects. Without bank loans and insurance, redlined areas lacked the capital essential for investment and redevelopment. As a result, after World War II, suburban areas received preference for residential investment at the expense of poor and minority neighborhoods in cities like Chicago. The relative lack of investment in new housing, rehabilitation, and home improvement contributed significantly to the decline of older urban neighborhoods and compounded Chicago's decline in relation to its suburbs.
Redlining's negative effects remained largely unrecognized by policymakers until the mid-1960s. Banking practices were the first to receive congressional scrutiny. The Fair Housing Act of 1968 prohibited housing discrimination and the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act of 1975 required the release of data on bank lending. Unsatisfied by the practical results of these laws, community activists in Chicago spearheaded further reform, leading the nation in identifying and addressing the redlining issue. In the early 1970s, the Citizens Action Program, a crossracial group of community leaders from the South Side, developed a strategy of “greenlining” by asking residents to deposit savings only in banks that pledged to reinvest funds in urban communities. Chicago organizers were also instrumental in lobbying Congress to pass the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 (CRA), which required banks to lend in areas from which they accepted deposits. The law had limited effect until the National Training and Information Center in Chicago, led by Gale Cincotta, put public pressure on Chicago banks to lend to distressed neighborhoods. Cincotta's group successfully negotiated $173 million in CRA agreements from three major downtown banks in 1984, settlements that served as models for other cities.
The extent of progress in ending redlining in the insurance industry remains an ongoing debate. In 1968, the President's National Advisory Panel on Insurance in Riot-Affected Areas found that insurance underwriting manuals explicitly instructed agents to use racial data in determining risk. While states passed laws prohibiting insurance redlining, federal legislation has never directly addressed the issue. Court cases, however, have forced change in both the banking and insurance industries. In the 1990s, prominent banks and insurance firms have settled several major lawsuits, agreeing to change their business practices to remove discriminatory policies and procedures.
D. Bradford Hunt
The house George W. bought after leaving the white house had a deed restriction that said the house could not be sold to a black person. It is no longer enforceable, but the language is still there.

The first time Tiger woods won the Master's he could not even join the golf club where the tournament was played.(Augusta)
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#11979 May 17, 2014
RVA wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh what excitement in your part of town.....seeing how many blacks get jacked by the po po..........
Yeah we do have our excitement here RV. It wasn't like that fifteen or more years ago. My police scanner was so quiet that I sometimes forgot to turn it off before I went to bed at night.

Thanks to the blacks moving in, I really got my moneys worth out of that old scanner I bought. I mean, there are some good things about blacks moving into your area. For one, it increases home and auto alarm sales. That stimulates the economy. Blacks increase the need for more police and Paramedics. That too creates jobs. When big things happen, the news crews from Cleveland run out here to cover the story. That keeps those people working too. Auto thefts create the need for more people to buy cars. A real job creator there. And lets' not forget all those lawyers and court personnel needed to process all the criminal cases in our area. Oh!, and I almost forgot, all the private security needed at our remaining open stores to catch shoplifters.

So you see RV, it's not like I can't appreciate all the things blacks are responsible for such as job creation for whites here in my suburb.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#11980 May 17, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
that may be true in Ohio not across America. That could be why blacks in Ohio in your class do as well as you or better
They are? Where in Ohio is this? Where in Ohio (or anywhere else for that matter) are the areas where blacks make up more than 35% of the population and murders, violence and violent crime, and theft stayed the same or got better? I know of no such place.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11981 May 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
My police scanner was so quiet
Enuff said, xcxxPinocchio.

What a loser!

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
foster

Ashburn, VA

#11982 May 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
They are? Where in Ohio is this? Where in Ohio (or anywhere else for that matter) are the areas where blacks make up more than 35% of the population and murders, violence and violent crime, and theft stayed the same or got better? I know of no such place.
Sounds frustrating. Why is it with the advantages you were privilegded to you still live amongst and profit from poor minorities? Why cant you do much better than live in those conditions?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#11983 May 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we do have our excitement here RV. It wasn't like that fifteen or more years ago. My police scanner was so quiet that I sometimes forgot to turn it off before I went to bed at night.
Thanks to the blacks moving in, I really got my moneys worth out of that old scanner I bought. I mean, there are some good things about blacks moving into your area. For one, it increases home and auto alarm sales. That stimulates the economy. Blacks increase the need for more police and Paramedics. That too creates jobs. When big things happen, the news crews from Cleveland run out here to cover the story. That keeps those people working too. Auto thefts create the need for more people to buy cars. A real job creator there. And lets' not forget all those lawyers and court personnel needed to process all the criminal cases in our area. Oh!, and I almost forgot, all the private security needed at our remaining open stores to catch shoplifters.
So you see RV, it's not like I can't appreciate all the things blacks are responsible for such as job creation for whites here in my suburb.
What draws you to live in such conditions if in your mind you're better? You have nothing your neighbor do not have or worked for nor associations with others doing better. Why?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#11984 May 17, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Enuff said, xcxxPinocchio.
What a loser!
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
His companion is a scanner and computer living among and supported by the most financially disadvantged in society.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#11985 May 17, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>Texas defeated the Mexican army at the battle of "San Jacinto" and gained their independence from Mexico, and became its own country. It later joined the United States voluntarily. Slavery is different than apartheid. The closest thing we had to apartheid were the disgusting"Jim Crow" laws. Apartheid came into being during the 1930-40s and was more evil than our evil treatment of blacks in America.Black people in America got the right to vote in every state in 1965 when LBJ signed the civil rights act. Blacks got the right to marry outside their own race a year or two later.Racism is still around as witnessed recently with inbred Cliven Bundy' s remarks. Don Sterling also opened his mouth and let the hate out. Racism is not tolerated by most good Americans but there are the inverse, the ignorant and the people that are going to hate for any or no reason at all. Rush Limbaugh and his followers practice a more subdued type of racism. Racism is practiced by all races and skin colors.
Texas independence is how Texans tell that story, not how Mexico sees those events. The US Paid Mexico after a war for Texas
foster

Ashburn, VA

#11986 May 17, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>Texas defeated the Mexican army at the battle of "San Jacinto" and gained their independence from Mexico, and became its own country. It later joined the United States voluntarily. Slavery is different than apartheid. The closest thing we had to apartheid were the disgusting"Jim Crow" laws. Apartheid came into being during the 1930-40s and was more evil than our evil treatment of blacks in America.Black people in America got the right to vote in every state in 1965 when LBJ signed the civil rights act. Blacks got the right to marry outside their own race a year or two later.Racism is still around as witnessed recently with inbred Cliven Bundy' s remarks. Don Sterling also opened his mouth and let the hate out. Racism is not tolerated by most good Americans but there are the inverse, the ignorant and the people that are going to hate for any or no reason at all. Rush Limbaugh and his followers practice a more subdued type of racism. Racism is practiced by all races and skin colors.
The 14th Amendment bestowed citizen rights and privileges to Blacks. FOR OVER A CENTURY States ignored and defied the Constitution setting up facist goverance

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Estefeneau

#11988 May 17, 2014
Obama administration fails transparency, privacy tests
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/opinion/ed...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11989 May 17, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
billionaire bill cosby.
Analdiver you could be wealthy too if you had the individual drive to achieve & excel like Bill Cosby did and wanted better out of life but you dont like many more like yourself.

Location hidden

#11990 May 17, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one with the permanent stain, AnalButter, and Bil Cosby is a billionaire.
He has nothing in common with inner city kids.
AnalDiver Bill Cosby grew up in the inner city in a single parent home raised by his mother without his father so these liberal inner city kids have no excuses for failure which Bill Cosby has proven and we all know your permanent stain is found on your brain.

Bill Cosby

Cosby, the oldest of four boys, grew up in Philadelphia's Germantown neighborhood. At first, the Cosbys were able to get by, financially, but the family's money began to slip when Cosby's father, William Cosby Sr., began drinking heavily. After his father enlisted in the U.S. Navy, Cosby became like a parent to his brothers. Cosby's mother, Anna, worked cleaning houses. He and his family ended up living in the Richard Allen Homes, a low-income housing project in his neighborhood. At the age of 8, Cosby suffered a great loss when his brother James, the second oldest of the boys, died.

With money very tight for his family, Cosby started shining shoes to help out when he was 9 years old. He also later found a job at a supermarket. Despite their hardships, Cosby's mother stressed the value of education and learning. She often read to Bill and his brothers, including the works by Mark Twain. A gifted storyteller himself, Cosby learned early on that humor could be a way to make friends and to get what he wanted. Cosby excelled at making things up. As one of his teachers once noted, "William should become either a lawyer or an actor because he lies so well.''

http://www.biography.com/people/bill-cosby-92...

Location hidden

#11991 May 17, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Bill is a HS Drop out too who did well. Thats more frequent than obviously you know, But your intrerst seems only to lie with the losers in society
you really are proving to be clueless and dont like people who succeed which liberals dont like yourself.

Bill Cosby

Cosby, the oldest of four boys, grew up in Philadelphia's Germantown neighborhood. At first, the Cosbys were able to get by, financially, but the family's money began to slip when Cosby's father, William Cosby Sr., began drinking heavily. After his father enlisted in the U.S. Navy, Cosby became like a parent to his brothers. Cosby's mother, Anna, worked cleaning houses. He and his family ended up living in the Richard Allen Homes, a low-income housing project in his neighborhood. At the age of 8, Cosby suffered a great loss when his brother James, the second oldest of the boys, died.

With money very tight for his family, Cosby started shining shoes to help out when he was 9 years old. He also later found a job at a supermarket. Despite their hardships, Cosby's mother stressed the value of education and learning. She often read to Bill and his brothers, including the works by Mark Twain. A gifted storyteller himself, Cosby learned early on that humor could be a way to make friends and to get what he wanted. Cosby excelled at making things up. As one of his teachers once noted, "William should become either a lawyer or an actor because he lies so well.''

foster

Ashburn, VA

#11992 May 17, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you really are proving to be clueless and dont like people who succeed which liberals dont like yourself.
Bill Cosby
Bill Cosby isnt the only Phila Black entertainer to survive those conditions to become famous and rich. Thats not unique today.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#11993 May 17, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you really are proving to be clueless and dont like people who succeed which liberals dont like yourself.
Bill Cosby
You are out of touch with America. Your focus is to narrow You put all your attention on the impoverished and poor, when there are thousands of individuals from Bill situation growing up also living in his zip code today.

Why arent you?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#11994 May 17, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Analdiver you could be wealthy too if you had the individual drive to achieve & excel like Bill Cosby did and wanted better out of life but you dont like many more like yourself.
You seem to know the path to becoming wealthy for Black but you had taken an obvious detour. Should you not be an example instead of consulting on the matter?

Location hidden

#11995 May 17, 2014
positronium wrote:
Obama administration fails transparency,/
Because up 'til now POTUS have always been...

Location hidden

#11996 May 17, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Bill Cosby
Forgot what it is to be black forty years ago.

Wipe your chin, AnalButter... looks like KY sheen.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#11997 May 17, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas independence is how Texans tell that story, not how Mexico sees those events. The US Paid Mexico after a war for Texas
"festurd"
The US paid Russia for Alaska. That was a bad deal? No it was good deal. Both parties agreed to the price. The US paid France for the Louisiana Purchase. That was bad deal? No, it was a good deal. Both parties agreed to the price.
You would love it if Texas was a part of Mexico. The Mexican's would hate it, if it was like Mexico, there would be no jobs, and they would be looking north, east and west for states for employment opportunities.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Citizens sound off at first meeting over changi... Jan 9 SJones 1
Replace DOC Leadership Aug '17 Replace DOC Leade... 1
Christie Brinkley Wrinkle Remover (May '17) May '17 bulk 1
News How Did Fla. Therapist Accused of S&M with Pati... (May '14) Mar '17 Tim 4
Like and following social pages (Nov '16) Nov '16 Sesational Seduction 1
Chesterfield County VA Child predators (Jul '07) Jan '16 Stay in school 55
Relocating to Chesterfield (Mar '15) Jan '16 Mike Brunswick 2

Chesterfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance