Why They Hate Obama

There are 12511 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

benson

Richmond, VA

#6868 Jan 31, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when does the president have that he is a foreign student on the back of his books..........13 years
Same old rehased shyt.....what difference does it make right now.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#6869 Jan 31, 2014
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama sezs, at this juncture in his presidency....FCK IT!!!!!!!!!!
That I believe, he's failed, no one buys his crap, Juan Williams says he's given up, I believe it. Just go on vacation and golf his time left. Or resign.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#6870 Jan 31, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to use fresh material on you or your aliases, AuDumbo: you haven't changed your posts in more than four years.
You need a fresh Depends, stinky.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6871 Jan 31, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's yours? I want to see your refund.
Based on their recent record, I think it's a fair assumption the IRS looked for something to nail any GOP contender, including Romney on.
drinK the hivE

Matawan, NJ

#6872 Jan 31, 2014
coon hunter

Denver, CO

#6873 Jan 31, 2014
old man wrote:
there is no hope or change for this country.with eric cantor in office.the tea party is mislead by koch brother. wake up people the truth in in your hands look for it.
You need to turn slant head schlutz off ubammyoid LOL
Eric Gutafuson

Virginia Beach, VA

#6874 Jan 31, 2014
Projection??????,

How long have you been reading and writing English. What exactly is the language you prefer at your home?

Or, are you just attempting to sound intelligent?....... ROFLMAO

Christie the hi hope of the GOP is being sold down river by his right hand man....... whom he fired...... Seems his story is Christie knew and was in on the planning and details of Bridge Gate 2014

Wildstein's his name....... you republicans will be hearing a ton from and about Mr. Wildstein shortly...... at the very least during the impeachment proceedings for Governor Christie......

GOP has better get Plan B activated for the 2016 Campaign....... brush off Romney's stale suits and float him back in front of microphones.........
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your projections are from jerry springer pookie. What I do is none of your business and doubt you can cope in the real world.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6875 Jan 31, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that's fair, considering what her cohorts got? It seems her age, at the time, makes a difference.
Seem the number of convictions also matters.

Judges tend to give more time for more convictions.

Go figure.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#6879 Jan 31, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so funny. Every time I have a debate with a liberal, they all seem to be independently wealthy, work from home or for themselves. I've met very few (if any) that claim to be a regular Joe.
Do I believe you or any of the phony others? Hell no. That would be like me being in the coal industry and supporting liberal environmental causes. The numbers just don't add up.
I do believe one thing though: you don't work for anybody.
And you're any more credible than the rest of us? LOL. Good luck with that.

I do work for myself, and never have regretted that decision. I would be far wealthier if I didn't, but would have burned out long ago making someone else rich.

So, you are denied my industry, my intelligence, and my education.

Works well for me, thanks.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#6881 Jan 31, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I get a disability.:-)
Get extensions, I did....lol

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#6882 Jan 31, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people that take from you are your politicians, it's just you don't understand enough about politics to realize it.
What do you think happens when you take money from the top? The wealthy just pay it? Of course you do, you're a liberal.
The reality is that when you take from the top, they pass that loss to the middle and bottom. Tax the rich guy, and he increases the prices of his or her products we buy every day; he moves his operations overseas; he skips pay increases for his employees or has them contribute more towards their medical care.
The guy at the top never loses---you do, it's just that you don't know it. Who do you think shops at Wal-Mart? Conservatives?
Another thing: nobody is capable of redistributing wealth from the bottom up. That's because those at the bottom have no wealth. They are on government programs.
LOL....nice try, but you forget that goods can only be increased in cost so much before the market won't absorb it. That threshold has been reached in most sectors already, since the middle class has been decimated by the Republican Reich.

As incomes decline under "right to work for less" laws, union busting tactics, and various forms of taxation geared toward the poorest amongst us, there simply isn't enough "trickle down" as your god Reagan the Great once called it.

I agree, like Lee Iacocca, a vaunted Republican once said...import tariffs need to be imposed on goods, specifically those from American corporations that offhshored jobs and wealth, and foreign auto makers, that wasn't done, thanks to Reagan's foreign trade policy, which Republicans under Clinton doubled down on under NAFTA.

But now that the damage is done, and the redistribution of the last bit of wealth is ongoing now...specifically public tax wealth being stolen in Republican run states, there isn't much left.

So, the natural progression is anarchy.

It's a corporate created plan. I don't know if they realize that those with the most to lose, will indeed, lose the most....but greed is like a stiffie....no conscience. Only self gratification.

Don't think it could happen here? It will.

Location hidden

#6885 Jan 31, 2014
Caribou Barbie wrote:
I do work for myself, and never have regretted that decision.
xxxPinocchio works for himself too.

When it snows, it makes it harder to push the shopping cart to the recycle center and of course harder to find bottles and cans.

Location hidden

#6886 Jan 31, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
It's because of my rental property that I realize how intrusive and overbearing government can be.
Yeah, those section eight people can really be over bearing- requirements for running water and flushing toilets and no exposed asbestos keeps you jumping through hoops, eh, xxxPinocchio?
Eric Gutafuson

Virginia Beach, VA

#6888 Jan 31, 2014
"It's not up to companies nor the government to "guarantee" you anything while not working; it's up to the individual"

I don't think this idea is supported by the existing policy, Yes your employer and the government is very much responsible for guaranteed substitute income during lay offs. At least that's what the law says that governs Federal and State Unemployment Insurance on every employee in America.

You may feel in direct opposition to that law, but your theory is far from the truth.

Wash bucklers who compete daily in America, generally don't have time to wait on crumbs for their survival.. The demands of running a competing organization are to great for much waiting. And you're only as good as the employees who represent your name. Deeming what they're worth is subjective.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not up to companies nor the government to "guarantee" you anything while not working; it's up to the individual.
Nobody has to "wait for crumbs." If you don't like crumbs, start your own business and pay your employees what you deem necessary. With competition, see how many crumbs you let fall.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#6889 Jan 31, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I more credible? Yes I am, because I am honest. I work for a living and have rental property which I live on. It's because of my rental property that I realize how intrusive and overbearing government can be. I also believe that anybody that has a business of some kind can't be serious about supporting liberal causes and intrusions.
As a standard worker, I also feel that I'm being robbed because I go to work every morning while others stay home living off of the taxes I pay. 99 weeks of unemployment? Come on now. And according to DumBama, 99 weeks just isn't enough to find a job.
I see the failure in our country thanks to the dictator and Chief. It's what we Republicans call the cart theory. When everybody is pulling an empty cart, the vehicle flies down the road effortlessly. When people get sick of pulling the cart and jump in the cart instead, the cart moves slower and slower. When there are more people in the cart than those that are pulling, the cart stops, and that's where our country is at today.
Conservatives want more people pulling the cart and DumBama wants more people in the cart. For you to tell me that you work for yourself and support more people in the cart is just not believable.
If you want more people pulling the cart, then you need to convince your Republican corporate elite "job creators" to start creating more jobs...the stock market is at an all time high, taxation is the lowest it's been on corporations since World War II...capital gains rates for the wealthy are taxed at 13-15 percent, whereas labor is taxed at the much higher marginal rate...so, where's the jobs?

My contention is supporting endless corporate welfare for trillion dollar corporations like Exxon Mobil is unnecessary, and need to end, now.

See, we as liberals see things a bit differently...we see a rising tide lifting all boats. A logical, and pragmatic solution to our problems.

Wealth has been extracted from our middle class, our housing stock, commodities gambling on Wall Street, and everywhere else a new "business model" can be created and exploited.

Under Republican Eisenhower, the marginal rate was 91% on incomes over a base, were were at the height of unionization, and enjoyed the most explosive period of growth in our nation's history. My how times have changed.

It discouraged legacy wealth, taxed estates, and more fairly distributed public tax wealth to do the most good....education, interstate highway system, large infrastructure projects....all creating more jobs, and more prosperity.

We can have that again, but we need to return to a sane regulatory system, oversight, and fair taxation.

Jobs may be disappearing due to a whole host of factors, but offshoring jobs and wealth needs to be stopped. Mechanization will claim some jobs, but the new normal will be an unemployment rate about where it is now....six job seekers for every job available.

That can't last as our population increases, and Republican governors are encouraging immigration.....of course, with the idea of lower wages on the horizon.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#6890 Jan 31, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush tried that import tariff thing with steel. What he found is that our foreign traders did the exact same thing to us, and it reduced our exports. Tariffs don't work in a global economy.
You are correct that goods can only increase so much in price before the consumer refuses to pay it. That's the exact thing that happened to American businesses between taxes, union demands and government regulation. That's why we virtually have only imported products to buy today.
Now what is this taxation on the poorest Americans that you speak of? Could it be the sin tax that DumBama instituted within his first month of office? How about Commie Care? Now those who are making lower wages have to come up with more money to purchase a healthcare plan, or lose our valued income tax refund check. What about those who depend on their employers healthcare insurance that will not see a salary increase because the employer now has to pay more (or get fined) for healthcare insurance? How about the 5 million people that lost their healthcare plan thanks to Commie Care and now have to pay more and get less? What about all the people that lost their job because of Commie Care like the 3,000 workers here at the world renown Cleveland Clinic?
So, the answer is to sit back, and not use our massive buying power to create trade policies that don't destroy American business? LOL

No, the reality is that once the trade doors were blown open, the profits were too great, and even though it was at the expense of our own people, it mattered not to Republican run corporate America....afterall, there is the next quarter to worry about......

How about flipping the marginal rate to what the capital gains rate is now, and taxing capital gains at the marginal rate?

That would restore some confidence that the tax burden is more evenly distributed.

Why should labor be taxed at 35%, and money made from money only at 13-15%?

What you call "commie care" is a market based (sadly) right wing created plan, originally called "Romneycare." You should love it! It gifts 50 million new customers to right wing run insurers. We don't like it because it's privately administered, with NO public, government run option to compete with the Fascist Reich.

A simple expansion of single payer Medicare would have sufficed, but a hard sell with the Fascist Reich in congress, so we went with the right's plan.

So when we see the Reich in congress fighting "Obamacare" we know it's because he's black, nothing more to it than that.
Eric Gutafuson

Virginia Beach, VA

#6891 Jan 31, 2014
The Republicans fondness for open border trade agreements lead to the results of America being a distribution center and not a manufacturing hub. Producers can operated at lower labor cost overseas than they can in America. The wage scale is the determining factor.

Next would be the tax advantages of producing in Vietnam or China and exporting to America, all income generated via overseas operations can be deferred until that income is brought back to America.

American unions had nothing to do with those arrangements implemented over the last 34 years, those are Republican concepts through and through.

Can you explain the sin tax Obama signed into law, or are you talking about the tax on cigarettes?

If the Cleveland Clinic was cutting edge, they wouldn't have to depend on Federal Aid to meet their financial obligations....... not in a real free market system.

Cleveland loss that additional funding because of the games Ohio politicians are playing. Those 3000 people who are not unemployed are so because of the Ohio Republicans.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush trsied that import tariff thing with steel. What he found is that our foreign traders did the exact same thing to us, and it reduced our exports. Tariffs don't work in a global economy.
You are correct that goods can only increase so much in price before the consumer refuses to pay it. That's the exact thing that happened to American businesses between taxes, union demands and government regulation. That's why we virtually have only imported products to buy today.
Now what is this taxation on the poorest Americans that you speak of? Could it be the sin tax that DumBama instituted within his first month of office? How about Commie Care? Now those who are making lower wages have to come up with more money to purchase a healthcare plan, or lose our valued income tax refund check. What about those who depend on their employers healthcare insurance that will not see a salary increase because the employer now has to pay more (or get fined) for healthcare insurance? How about the 5 million people that lost their healthcare plan thanks to Commie Care and now have to pay more and get less? What about all the people that lost their job because of Commie Care like the 3,000 workers here at the world renown Cleveland Clinic?
Eric Gutafuson

Virginia Beach, VA

#6892 Jan 31, 2014
Hats off to you..... this is an incredible post and spot on.
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the answer is to sit back, and not use our massive buying power to create trade policies that don't destroy American business? LOL
No, the reality is that once the trade doors were blown open, the profits were too great, and even though it was at the expense of our own people, it mattered not to Republican run corporate America....afterall, there is the next quarter to worry about......
How about flipping the marginal rate to what the capital gains rate is now, and taxing capital gains at the marginal rate?
That would restore some confidence that the tax burden is more evenly distributed.
What you call "commie care" is a market based (sadly) right wing created plan, originally called "Romneycare." You should love it! It gifts 50 million new customers to right wing run insurers. We don't like it because it's privately administered, with NO public, government run option to compete with the Fascist Reich.
A simple expansion of single payer Medicare would have sufficed, but a hard sell with the Fascist Reich in congress, so we went with the right's plan.
So when we see the Reich in congress fighting "Obamacare" we know it's because he's black, nothing more to it than that.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#6893 Jan 31, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>u would have to show specific examples of this...
just because you are led like a sheep by people who tell you what to do and think does not mean others are...
you don't really seem above the level of parroting media soundbites, so this discussion is way, way beyond you...
go back to parroting...you might get a nice cracker..
If someone doesn't agree with Obama's radical left wing policies or agenda, he accuses them of racism.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#6894 Jan 31, 2014
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! I got to shoot myself. I agree with some of that.

If it was really about healthcare, they would have simply expanded on Medicaid.

The marginal tax rate should be near the capital gains rate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evils of TPP Agreement 15 hr VN Vet 2
Poll Do you need loan? (Oct '07) Wed maria hasbarger 37
Review: Aim 4Fitness May 1 jaarboleda9480 33
National Pollinator Month May 1 The Environmentalist 1
News Ukropa s future: Open Sundays, alcohol sales af... (Dec '09) Apr 30 martin garey 11
My Response to Cong. Brat's Postcard Apr 27 Concerned Citizen 1
Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Oct '14) Apr 26 dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterfield Mortgages