Why They Hate Obama

There are 12492 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

Eric Gustafuson

Virginia Beach, VA

#6581 Jan 26, 2014
From 2007 until Bush left the White House the only spending he authorized were his request for War Funding, the Budgets were done by continuing resolutions with only the appropriations for the Department of Defense signed into law.

Bush NEVER signed into law proposals for spending that came from the Democratic Controlled House of Representatives.

That spending that set record deficits in 2009 was compliments of the Republican Majority who established those spending levels when they had solid majorities in the House and Senate.

That can't be new news to any Republican that follows Government Spending.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't click the link to the chart. Now had you done that, you would have noticed the lower deficit spending right until after Democrats regained leadership of the house. Republicans regained the congressional leadership in 2010, and now we have lower deficit spending again?
My, what a coincidence this all is.
Putting all that aside, when we hear or read of difficulties between the Republican Congress and DumBama, what are those differences usually about? They are about DumBama wanting to spend more and Republicans wanting to spend less. That's most of the fight right there. Obama wants to expand unemployment, Obama wants another stimulus package, Obama wants more this and more that.
The way you put things, it's quite the opposite: Republicans wanting to spend more and DumBama wanting to spend less. Now if you really believe this, show me one instance where this happened since Republicans took leadership of Congress.
Look at the obvious. For the first time in US history, we lost our three star credit rating. Now why was that? Because Republicans wanted to spend less and DumBama wanted to spend more. The government shutdown? Again, DumBama wanted to spend more and the Republicans wanted to spend less. Why did the sequester kick in? You tell me.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#6582 Jan 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have my own line of shoes.
How long do you think it's going to take before Teaflake just man's up and says he was wrong?
Side bet?
I think I'd lose that bet! LOL.

No, the tide has turned, and we can give each other a big wet kiss for doing our parts....it's taken alot of opposition research, and the fight is never over, so we must be vigilant, still.

The Reich will use their untaxed, surplus wealth as a weapon, and since money is all they have left, with national elections out of the running for them, let's make sure they spend wildly.....

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#6583 Jan 26, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
In between of course he was easily re-elected over the best your Party could offer, and you got back NOTHING in Congress. I think you'll find you're dead wrong (as usual) this November, not that you'll admit it.
Oh, and Mr. Obama doesn't "spend." That's Congress' job, idiot.
If congress had a budget yes, but they didn't for four years of Obama's reign of terror.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#6584 Jan 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the 2,250,000 Union troops that freed the slaves, ScrotumSniffer, and most of them were Democrats.
When Lincoln freed the slaves- by the way, AnalOriface he was a communist- he freed only the slaves in the south and he did so reluctantly.
And with very little effect.
Yes, and their commander in chief..........hahahahahahaha

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#6585 Jan 26, 2014
Eric Gustafuson wrote:
Hitler and Benito Mussolini were Fascist.
You epitomize an American Fascist promoting Fascist propaganda without understanding the tenets of Fascism.
You posted a link with a sufficient clarification of the central tenant of Fascism. Information that you can not digest.
Reread the link you posted and if you can't understand it find someone to help you delve into the reading material.
<quoted text>
Did you have a brain fart? Let's go back to the beginning. A poster called the tea party fascist. I responded, indicating the poster was for big government and calling someone for limited government a fascist. You jumped in and indicated fascism was no government. I responded by indicating fascism is all controlling big government. Now, you seem to agree fascism is a controlling big government and accuse me of promoting fascist propaganda. Unbelievable.
Eric Gustafuson

Virginia Beach, VA

#6586 Jan 26, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Of course Obama quit his irrational spending right before an election, but it didn't save the blood bath of 2010 and it won't save him in 2014 and his liberal successor in 2016.
Let's take a look at what you call irrational spending, his Stimulus was approved,$787 Billion, with,$270 Billion to the States to prevent the firing of Teachers, Police and other Emergency personnel $275 in Middle Class and Small Business Tax Cuts and $268 Billion distributed to the States for infrastructure projects.

We shall see, depending on the turn out, and the Republicans are only banking on a shoddy turn out at the polls in the mid terms. I think they are over playing their hand being America sees the GOP as obstructionist committed to seeing the nation fail and suffer needlessly for political gain.

Tax cuts don't produce job growth, if there is nothing else to have learned from Republican Rule in Washington, that point was thoroughly driven into the minds of Americans. And that's the extent of republican solutions for America.

Hackettstown, NJ

#6587 Jan 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was appointed to his senate seat by the Oregon legislature.
This is fact.
You do know that you lying reflects on you, not me?
It doesn't matter that the legislature was advised to appoint him?
What does advise mean in your world?
Are you brain dead? The legislature appointed the publicly elected senator. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?
Eric Gustafuson

Virginia Beach, VA

#6588 Jan 26, 2014
The extending of the Bush Tax Cuts which the Republicans held America hostage to get was one perfect example of their spending request that prolonged the debt and deficits.

Unless you're of the mind that Tax Cuts don't involve financial sacrifice. But those of you who rail about Obama's stimulus didn't feel that way when he committed $276 Billion to tax cuts for small business and the middle class from his 2009 Stimulus.

Again, you can't have it both ways.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't click the link to the chart. Now had you done that, you would have noticed the lower deficit spending right until after Democrats regained leadership of the house. Republicans regained the congressional leadership in 2010, and now we have lower deficit spending again?
My, what a coincidence this all is.
Putting all that aside, when we hear or read of difficulties between the Republican Congress and DumBama, what are those differences usually about? They are about DumBama wanting to spend more and Republicans wanting to spend less. That's most of the fight right there. Obama wants to expand unemployment, Obama wants another stimulus package, Obama wants more this and more that.
The way you put things, it's quite the opposite: Republicans wanting to spend more and DumBama wanting to spend less. Now if you really believe this, show me one instance where this happened since Republicans took leadership of Congress.
Look at the obvious. For the first time in US history, we lost our three star credit rating. Now why was that? Because Republicans wanted to spend less and DumBama wanted to spend more. The government shutdown? Again, DumBama wanted to spend more and the Republicans wanted to spend less. Why did the sequester kick in? You tell me.
Eric Gustafuson

Virginia Beach, VA

#6590 Jan 26, 2014
Fascism is no government, Government is controlled by Corporations and, or Cartels.

A great example of this is the Republican quest to privatize everything the Government manages and administers. The Republicans take their marching orders now from ALEC, which is a partnership with American's largest and more profitable Corporations. They meet in small committees according to industry and devise legislation to be proposed by Republicans for State Houses and, in Congress to their benefit killing regulations and amending laws they think get in the way of their pursuits of profits.

Then they empower propaganda machines, like Fox and other vehicles of propaganda to drive their narratives to the drones that support the republican party who have no understanding of what is going on and where those policies and recommendations for laws come from.

It's been going on since Ronald Reagan promoted ALEC, who do you think dreamed up the Voter Identification Laws? Or Why?

Most of you rooting for the failure of America from the base of the Republican party are doing the bidding of a few select Corporations to control America. Those are the central tenets of Fascism, or Corporate Control of America.
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have a brain fart? Let's go back to the beginning. A poster called the tea party fascist. I responded, indicating the poster was for big government and calling someone for limited government a fascist. You jumped in and indicated fascism was no government. I responded by indicating fascism is all controlling big government. Now, you seem to agree fascism is a controlling big government and accuse me of promoting fascist propaganda. Unbelievable.

Hackettstown, NJ

#6591 Jan 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many eggs are you going to put in the Oregon legislature didn't vote for this senator basket?
Read the link

http://www.jstor.org/stable/1944498

The legislature elects and appoints the [people' choice]
Eric Gustafuson

Virginia Beach, VA

#6592 Jan 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you brain dead? The legislature appointed the publicly elected senator. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?
Because what you are saying and trying to describe doesn't make sense.

There's no need for a State Legislative body to appoint a Senator if the state electoral population votes on a Senator.

Prior to he 17 Amendment, some state legislators voted for their representatives to the Senate.

The 17th Amendment did away with legislators appointing Senators and now the people of the State elects their Senators.

Only Congress 2/3 approval can change the Constitution, or a Constitutional Convention for the specific purpose of amending the Constitution with a 2/3 majority. At this point electors selecting their Senators is the law of the land.

Hackettstown, NJ

#6593 Jan 26, 2014
Eric Gustafuson wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is the "People's Representative" in a Democratic Republic........ the National Election held every 4 years for an executive settled that affair, not once but twice.
American Presidents has the power of veto and constitutional authority for executive orders. The people of the United States put Obama in that position.
There are two ways that presidents can enact initiatives without congressional approval. Presidents may issue a proclamation, often ceremonial in nature, such as naming a day in honor of someone or something that has contributed to American society. A president may also issue an executive order, which has the full effect of law and is directed to federal agencies that are charged with carrying out the order.
President Obama has been pretty timid when it comes to issuing Executive Orders.
The president isn't the representative, he presides, as in the word president. He is the executive. He was elected by the states through the electoral college system. Being all of the electoral votes in my state go to the majority, my vote became an Obama vote.

He can executive order the executive branch.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#6594 Jan 26, 2014
Eric Gustafuson wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's take a look at what you call irrational spending, his Stimulus was approved,$787 Billion, with,$270 Billion to the States to prevent the firing of Teachers, Police and other Emergency personnel $275 in Middle Class and Small Business Tax Cuts and $268 Billion distributed to the States for infrastructure projects.
We shall see, depending on the turn out, and the Republicans are only banking on a shoddy turn out at the polls in the mid terms. I think they are over playing their hand being America sees the GOP as obstructionist committed to seeing the nation fail and suffer needlessly for political gain.
Tax cuts don't produce job growth, if there is nothing else to have learned from Republican Rule in Washington, that point was thoroughly driven into the minds of Americans. And that's the extent of republican solutions for America.
The money that went to municipalities went to pay for retiree pensions in states run into bankruptcy by liberals. The average American is too poorly educated to grasp this.

The only thing shovel-ready was barock's lies.

Taxes kill jobs.
Eric Gustafuson

Virginia Beach, VA

#6595 Jan 26, 2014
From 2009 until the Republican Majority, Obama only spent additional funds on the 2009 Stimulus.... The deficits began to shrink immediately beginning in 2010, Obama's first Fiscal Year.

All the spending levels were established by the Republican Majority before 2007, with the only exception being the Appropriations for the Department of Defense and spending bill requesting funds for the Bush wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Why is this elementary definition so difficult to comprehend?

There has not in 50 years been a Republican in the White House who has decreased spending or America's budget deficits and or debts. Contrary to popular beliefs, over the last 35 years, the Republicans in the White House added $9.1 Trillion to American's $17 Trillion in current debt, or more debt than all other Presidents combined in the history of America.

A lot of the information typical Republicans have on spending and debt and cause of debt in America is bogus and inaccurate, by the historical records..
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush may have done that, but DumBama did not. It was his people in congress from 2008 to 2010. Look at the chart again.

Hackettstown, NJ

#6596 Jan 26, 2014
Eric Gustafuson wrote:
Fascism is no government, Government is controlled by Corporations and, or Cartels.
A great example of this is the Republican quest to privatize everything the Government manages and administers. The Republicans take their marching orders now from ALEC, which is a partnership with American's largest and more profitable Corporations. They meet in small committees according to industry and devise legislation to be proposed by Republicans for State Houses and, in Congress to their benefit killing regulations and amending laws they think get in the way of their pursuits of profits.
Then they empower propaganda machines, like Fox and other vehicles of propaganda to drive their narratives to the drones that support the republican party who have no understanding of what is going on and where those policies and recommendations for laws come from.
It's been going on since Ronald Reagan promoted ALEC, who do you think dreamed up the Voter Identification Laws? Or Why?
Most of you rooting for the failure of America from the base of the Republican party are doing the bidding of a few select Corporations to control America. Those are the central tenets of Fascism, or Corporate Control of America.
<quoted text>
What you're describing is crony capitalism. A fascist government has complete control and isn't run by corporations. They are permitted to remain in private ownership, but undr state control. One example was Fritz Thyssen, a German industrialist who owned steel plants. He supported the fascists due to his fear of communists. He had a change of heart and spoke out against the fascist invasions. He was thrown into a concentration camp and his corporation was nationalized. There is no way corporations run fascist regimes.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#6597 Jan 26, 2014
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't piss me off, Hog Eye, but you certainly fell for it.....and IN it. LOL. Keep swillin' the Fox Ministry of Propaganda talking oinks, oinker, you wear them well!
"caracunt"
I am supposed to be scared?? You can be pissed off??? I hope you know it is better to be pissed off than pissed on. With your lack of intellect that is doubtful
Peace
KMA

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#6598 Jan 26, 2014
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, years....LOL. I know, it's been nearly SIX years since logging on and registering "Caribou Barbie" which happened the day Saracuda Failin' was announced as the RNC's choice to drag Grampy McShame along the tarmac....lol.
I've parlayed the moniker into quite a business since then....
"caracunt"
You established a business? How many "caracunt's" do you have working the streets?
Peace
KMA

Hackettstown, NJ

#6599 Jan 26, 2014
Eric Gustafuson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because what you are saying and trying to describe doesn't make sense.
There's no need for a State Legislative body to appoint a Senator if the state electoral population votes on a Senator.
Prior to he 17 Amendment, some state legislators voted for their representatives to the Senate.
The 17th Amendment did away with legislators appointing Senators and now the people of the State elects their Senators.
Only Congress 2/3 approval can change the Constitution, or a Constitutional Convention for the specific purpose of amending the Constitution with a 2/3 majority. At this point electors selecting their Senators is the law of the land.
They had to be chosen and appointed by the legislature. The states that let the people elect their senators simply appointed the people's choice. The 17th amendment took state legislatures completely out of the picture.

The constitution indicates the state legislatures [choose] their senators. If a legislature makes state laws permitting state elections of their senators and [choose] to elect the people's choice, that's their choice.

The 17th amendment simply took the whole process completely out of state legislature hands and completely into the people's hands.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6600 Jan 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you brain dead? The legislature appointed the publicly elected senator.
What, you choke on a wad and cut off y our air supply?

Funny how you refused the direct challenge.

You m/f c/s lying POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOtah.

The Oregon legislatures ****VOTED**** for him.

You want to wiggle your way around this, POOOOOOOOOOOOOOTAH?

Maybe you can "retell" the story so it doesn't turn out the way it really happened- that I proved that you are full of [email protected]?

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I don't retell, Puss: I go back and quote yah.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6601 Jan 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
The legislature elects
Are you brain dead?

Do you think I am going to let you pretend you said the legislatures ELECTED this Senator after I told you (correctly) that you were full of [email protected]: that he wasn't elected to the Senate by electors?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Credo Mobile Supports Planned Parenthood Sat WatchmanOntheWall 1
Legal Action You Can Take to Deal with Sanctuar... Fri ConcernedCitizen 1
Reasons to Oppose Balanced Budget Amendment Jan 15 Dominique Millstone 2
Like and following social pages Nov '16 Sesational Seduction 1
Kelly Dinelle Payne (Mar '06) Jan '16 Steve 56
Chesterfield County VA Child predators (Jul '07) Jan '16 Stay in school 55
Relocating to Chesterfield (Mar '15) Jan '16 Mike Brunswick 2

Chesterfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance