Why They Hate Obama

There are 12491 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#4163 Dec 23, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
The Federal Housing Department didn't begin to insure sub prime mortgages in the record amounts they were until George Bush directed Alfonso Jackson in 2003 to do so when he was head of HUD. Having HUD lower the standards on mortgages guaranteed was a recommendation of the National Association of Realtors and the Home Builders Association.
Why: Lowering the standard on sub prime loans for federal insurance would be the gateway to Bush's Ownership Society and get renters into purchasing homes to break Clinton's record for new home ownership in America.
Of course the Republicans are against oversight and regulations so the secondary market where mortgage securities are constructed and sold as investment instruments ran crazy with no federal intervention. There was even created an over the counter market where a landlord holding a mortgage could sell that mortgage into the secondary market.
<quoted text>
Doesn't negate the fact that under Clinton F and F were directed to start taking subprime mortgages that had been forced on lenders, or the fact that Bush tried to rein in F and F. And it certainly doesn't negate the fact that dems are 100% responsible for forcing lending institutions to start making loans to the uncredit worthy.
Why would lending institutions start loaning money to people with bad credit, something they had never done before?
MY answer is government coercion, what's yours?
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#4164 Dec 23, 2013
Dear friends and others, 45 years ago today, I got into trouble for stealing a 2-1/2 ton truck with some GI buddies to go sing Christmas Carols to the wounded at the 24th Evac, Hospital. The first soldier I saw was a man named Steve. Both arms and legs were gone(I cried like a baby). GOD knows that was the most memorable Christmas I ever had.-----Remember our wounded soldiers, our government won't.------GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!
Merry Christmas to ALL.

“no one told me”

Denver

#4165 Dec 23, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
ACA is the same plan Nixon was negotiating with Ed Kennedy to implement in the early 70s minus the mandate. The Republican have only had one idea and this is it, the market approach instead of Single Payer.
It's also the bones of the plan that Bob Dole put up against Bill Clinton proposal for universal health care. The same commercial republican used today are the messaging that defeated Clinton's proposal.
In all of those years, the Republicans never had an alternate idea or gave a hoot about insurer dropping consumers, and shutting out consumers with pre existing conditions.
AS usual, as is their decades long MO, dumporats are trying to get something for nothing, and of course it will either fail or put us trillions more in debt and have negative effects on everyone, surely you must know this.

4 decades of welfare programs have only made things worse.

“no one told me”

Denver

#4166 Dec 23, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a lie......the banksters caused the collaspe PERIOD!!!!!!!! The number crunchers figured out how to reap billions upon billions before the housing bubble popped. They stole the show and got paid hansomely for their efforts.
don't talk to me, racist imbecile

“no one told me”

Denver

#4167 Dec 23, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
80% of Americans are insured through their employers plans....... that seems to most reasonable minds to be built on heavily employer private plans.......
ACA is the same plan Nixon proposed, and after that Bob Dole in his Presidential Bid. The Republicans haven't had a new idea since the days of Nixon.
When Insurers over the last 20 years where raising rates and dropping subscribers or canceling health care plans as they're doing today, where were the Republicans?
<quoted text>
what would have
happened if all the people who took out subprime mortgages would have made all their payments?

would we have had a mortgage crisis?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4168 Dec 23, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
NO SIR....you own the title as well as the mantle.....not only that, you coveted it the day you were born and not only that, you trained hard for it with a passion beyond reason. Wear it well....your trophy inscribed with your name on it sits in a well lit curio cabinet in your living room. They even marketed pajammies with your face on the azz flap. Can't wait for you movie to flop!!!!!!!!!!
No Sir..... you confirm with this reply and with several other post that you have posted today that you own the Mantle and were born a [email protected] from day one you racist imbecile who is proud of having Clothes and trophies inscribed with the tile of [email protected] which all you got to do is keep posting which is proof you want to main the status of [email protected]
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4169 Dec 24, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't negate the fact that under Clinton F and F were directed to start taking subprime mortgages that had been forced on lenders, or the fact that Bush tried to rein in F and F. And it certainly doesn't negate the fact that dems are 100% responsible for forcing lending institutions to start making loans to the uncredit worthy.
Why would lending institutions start loaning money to people with bad credit, something they had never done before?
MY answer is government coercion, what's yours?
Banks made those loans because they got the fees for processing them. Then they sold the loans to the secondary market. What did they have to lose? They weren't doing anything illegal in most cases.

It would be like me telling you to go to the race tracks, and any bets you lost, I would reimburse you that money. Of course you're going to bet on long shots with no fear of losing anything. That's just about exactly what the banks did.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4170 Dec 24, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really....in what years were you in the commodities mkt.....the 1930's!!!
I got into the commodities market a few years after 911. While I didn't buy many oil contracts, I studied the markets and how they reacted to whatever news came out. When it's your money on the line, you make sure to educate yourself as much as possible. That's how I learned about prices and who really controls them. The commodities market was created so that we are not paying $12.00 per gallon of gasoline when supplies are low, or $5.00 per ear of corn when we have a drought.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4171 Dec 24, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
If a majority of them are white....then its OK. You know what that means....the figures will confirm this....whites make up the major numbers of ppl. on public assistance. Is that somehitng to crow about boy. Yeah....kkkrakas on WELFARE!!!!!!!!!!
Not by percentage per race. You're lying again Benson. The unemployment rate among blacks is nearly twice that of whites of the same age bracket.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4172 Dec 24, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
Even in failure.....Obama wins. Everytime you whites conjure up shyt that makes him look like a failure....he smiles and changes course so your minds are confused. Yes sir, a winner he is/
I'm not embarrassed at all that our President rose to the top in a relative short period of time in his life. That in itself is remarkable. One thing for sure.....many of you kkkrackas thought for sure McCain/Palin & Romney/Ryan would beat him handedly. Your azzes ought to be embarrassed in seeing a BLACK MAN whip the shyt outta your kkkracka candidates. I'm not hanging my head in shame concerning Obama. I keep my head and eyes lifted up all the time to see how crazy you loons will get. Settle down kkkrackas, we got a few years left to rub your noses.in your own shyt!!!!!!!!!!
Do you know why McCain lost? Because the people were mad at the Republicans at the time. They took out their anger on McCain. It's like I said about the people holding the party of the President responsible.

If there is anything DumBama's legacy will show, it's how racist blacks are. Blacks voted for DumBama in the 90% range against Hillary. Hillary, a woman who had eight years experience in the Senate and eight years of experience in the White House. Then they voted for him in the 90% range against McCain. And again in the 90% range against Romney.

So let me ask: what would you be saying about white people today if whites voted for any white candidate against DumBama in the 90% range? What would that prove about white people today?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4173 Dec 24, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
Way overboard kkkracka.....i'm living larger than you'll ever know. Got my retirement packages and investment income.....doing quite well. If anything you can use the freebies the gov't provides. Poor azz trailer park beer guzzling chicken chasing blubber gut rabid groundhog.
You remind me of Fred Sanford when you talk like that. "Look at my empire over here!" LOL!

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#4174 Dec 24, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Oblamer also symbolically signed up for the bronze version of Oblamer-Kare,but,because hes busy in Hawaii he had some of his subjects do it FORE him.
He had his slaves do it for him so the COMPLETE FORM wouldn't be filled out. You see, Obama wouldn't fill out the complete form as you or I would. He after all has been hiding much of that information by Presidential Decree for over five years and a million in attorney fees.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#4175 Dec 24, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not by percentage per race. You're lying again Benson. The unemployment rate among blacks is nearly twice that of whites of the same age bracket.
Benson probably is either a New Black Panther kook or someone pretending to be a bot. No one is as stupid as benson except maybe a crip or a blood.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#4176 Dec 24, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he completed the form to be 'signed up', lafraud. As a worthless slave of teahadism, you, on the other hand, went straight to medicaid. LMAO
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4177 Dec 24, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Benson probably is either a New Black Panther kook or someone pretending to be a bot. No one is as stupid as benson except maybe a crip or a blood.
Nah, just your typical liberal. Throwing out half-truths and hoping nobody notices.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#4178 Dec 24, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know why McCain lost? Because the people were mad at the Republicans at the time. They took out their anger on McCain. It's like I said about the people holding the party of the President responsible.
If there is anything DumBama's legacy will show, it's how racist blacks are. Blacks voted for DumBama in the 90% range against Hillary. Hillary, a woman who had eight years experience in the Senate and eight years of experience in the White House. Then they voted for him in the 90% range against McCain. And again in the 90% range against Romney.
So let me ask: what would you be saying about white people today if whites voted for any white candidate against DumBama in the 90% range? What would that prove about white people today?
Do you know why McCain lost? One word:

PALIN.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#4179 Dec 24, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>
PALIN.
So you would have voted for McCain if Palin hadn't run?
Lying sack-o-sh!t. Palin is the reason McCain got as far as he did. He was and is, a compromising, noodle-spined rino.

“no one told me”

Denver

#4180 Dec 24, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Banks made those loans because they got the fees for processing them. Then they sold the loans to the secondary market. What did they have to lose? They weren't doing anything illegal in most cases.
It would be like me telling you to go to the race tracks, and any bets you lost, I would reimburse you that money. Of course you're going to bet on long shots with no fear of losing anything. That's just about exactly what the banks did.
True, but that doesn't negate my main point, government[demorat] interference in the markets was the start of the mortgage crisis.
The banks and lending institutions were forcibly handed lemons and they made lemonade and now we're shocked?
Should they have just kept the bad loans and took it in the shorts when the borrowers defaulted?

“no one told me”

Denver

#4181 Dec 24, 2013
Everything that came after is just finger pointing and lame attempts by the dems/libs/"progressives " to absolve another of their misguided and half baked schemes to redistribute wealth.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#4182 Dec 24, 2013
You wanna know why McCain got as many votes as he did? One word, PALIN ! He's just a little weasel RINO !
Regards, Terri
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>
PALIN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Petersburg woman buys smaller water meter to re... 18 hr Sam 1
Christie Brinkley Wrinkle Remover May 2 bulk 1
News Latino prosecutor in Chesterfield: Violent ille... Apr '17 spytheweb 5
News How Did Fla. Therapist Accused of S&M with Pati... (May '14) Mar '17 Tim 4
Like and following social pages (Nov '16) Nov '16 Sesational Seduction 1
Kelly Dinelle Payne (Mar '06) Jan '16 Steve 56
Chesterfield County VA Child predators (Jul '07) Jan '16 Stay in school 55

Chesterfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance