Why They Hate Obama

There are 12511 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3302 Dec 12, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mistaken or lying.
Neither. And I'm offended you would imply that I would lie.

"Q: Do I have to lose all my assets before I would qualify for existing Medicaid or the expanded Medicaid rules under Obamacare?

A: Short answer: No. There is not a test of assets, like home equity, for regular Medicaid or CHP Plus health insurance policies. There are some asset-related questions from Medicaid if you are applying for long-term nursing home care assistance, or for disability programs paid by Medicaid. But for the straight-up medical insurance most people associate with “Medicaid,” no, the qualification is based on income level, not assets."

http://blogs.denverpost.com/health/2013/10/18...

All states count resources when determining Medicaid eligibility.

Long term Medicaid do in fact count assets and resources.

Next time, before you call someone out, do your homework.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#3303 Dec 12, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Q: Do I have to lose all my assets before I would qualify for existing Medicaid or the expanded Medicaid rules under Obamacare?
A: Short answer: No. There is not a test of assets, like home equity, for regular Medicaid or CHP Plus health insurance policies. There are some asset-related questions from Medicaid if you are applying for long-term nursing home care assistance, or for disability programs paid by Medicaid. But for the straight-up medical insurance most people associate with “Medicaid,” no, the qualification is based on income level, not assets."
So, that wasn't a Fox News lie? That Virginia couple wasn't seeking disability or long term nursing cars, just straight up healthcare.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3304 Dec 12, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
By Michael Snyder,
Enough said.

You find those Lincoln letters you promised, AnalButter?

Location hidden

#3305 Dec 12, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
then they shouldn't combine a military career and a family, real simple.
Some people want to serve their country, mooch.

Something you- and I include all your aliases- would not know a thing about.

Location hidden

#3306 Dec 12, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's them jobs liar in chief Oblama promised?
You have to get off your big fat azz and go find them, Parasite.

Know one is going to come looking for you to work for them - there are only so many tooth paste cap tighener positions open.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#3307 Dec 12, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News was not lying was my point. Fox news reports a lot of things that Oblama supporters would rather not hear, like horror story after horror story re the ACA.

“no one told me”

Denver

#3308 Dec 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to get off your big fat azz and go find them, Parasite.
Know one is going to come looking for you to work for them - there are only so many tooth paste cap tighener positions open.
Calm down, the attendant will be there shortly with a fresh Depends for your stinky butt, fartsack.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#3310 Dec 12, 2013
Why DO they hate President Obama and other great leaders like President Mandela and Reverend Sharpton? What could it possibly be? No one seems willing to say, especially those who hate them. It remains such a mystery.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3311 Dec 12, 2013
kuda wrote:
Why DO they hate President Obama and other great leaders like President Mandela and Reverend Sharpton? What could it possibly be? No one seems willing to say, especially those who hate them. It remains such a mystery.
"kuda"
You have it a tad bit backwards, no surprize. In reality both shrinkton and mandela are the the haters. They hate America, the American system of government and the American economic system. One must admit they have hopes that the boy president nobama is doing his best to turn America into another South Africa, a land where the majority are poorly educated, with an economic situation that is a disaster and the folks depend on the government for their survival. Your dream for America.
Peace
KMA
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#3312 Dec 12, 2013
Now we must ask why do they hate one another? Open warfare has now broken out in the once grand GOP. It's brother vs. brother, reptile vs. primate, patriot vs. RINO, primariers vs. primarierees — well let's just say there's plenty of trouble in paradise.

John Boehner's eyes were as orange and bloodshot as his face as we saw his thin veneer of self-control crack to let him lash out in anger at his tea partier handlers, who in turn fired back by declaring his House leadership effectively terminated. Meanwhile, Senate Republicans goose-stepping in anger under the command of enraged Mitch McConnell prolong their misery by vowing to execute his "up all night" protest over Harry Reid's effectiveness.

Why do they suddenly hate one another?

kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#3313 Dec 12, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"kuda"
You have it a tad bit backwards, no surprize. In reality both shrinkton and mandela are the the haters. They hate America, the American system of government and the American economic system. One must admit they have hopes that the boy president nobama is doing his best to turn America into another South Africa, a land where the majority are poorly educated, with an economic situation that is a disaster and the folks depend on the government for their survival. Your dream for America.
Peace
KMA
What makes it surprising, of course, is that you coined an oxymoron, "a tad bit backwards."

Right back at'cha
"kuda"
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#3314 Dec 12, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama deciding which laws he wants to follow and which he don't is not permission able either according to the constitution.

You don't have any respect for, or working knowledge of the U.S Constitution, stop dragging the Constitution through mud.

All Presidents prioritize except Reagan. Reagan followed his own path and oftened ignored Congress and laws Congress passed.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#3315 Dec 12, 2013
The US Government is made up of representatives of the people who sent Congressmen and Women from districts and States where they reside to Congress as their voices.

Some see the Government as some entity detached from themselves. Some American Patriots understand the Government to be We the People.

Necessary and Proper Clause
The specific powers and duties of the U.S. Congress are enumerated in several places in the Constitution. The most important listing of these powers is in Article I, Section 8, which identifies in 17 paragraphs the many important powers of Congress. The last paragraph grants to Congress the flexibility to create laws or otherwise to act where the Constitution does not give it the explicit authority to act. This clause is known as the Necessary and Proper Clause, although it is not a federal power, in itself

I just went over this very clause with you from Sec 8 of Article 1 of the U.S Constitution.

the Government is limitless because it's the People's voice.......
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric, you just hit the nail on the head when it comes to what defines a limited government conservative and a big government progressive liberal, the interpretation of the Necessary and Proper Clause. It has been a point of contention since the ratification of the constitution. Patrick Henry opposed it, saying it would lead to limitless federal power. As it turns out, he was right. Big government founders, like Alexander Hamilton, were for it. Some of the states wouldn't ratify the constitution unless there was a protection from the federal government. The bill of rights were adopted. The tenth amendment was supposed to protect the states from the limitless power the Necessary and Proper Clause would provide. The tenth amendment has routinely been ignored in supreme court decisions. The court, being made up of human beings with the human nature of loving power, expands there own power and legislate from the bench.
Justice Scalia- "If the government can do this, what else can it do?"
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/scalia-obamac...

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3316 Dec 12, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes it surprising, of course, is that you coined an oxymoron, "a tad bit backwards."
Right back at'cha
"kuda"
"kuda"
Glad you were able to pick up my "oxymoron". I have to note that you had nothing to offer as to the disaster South Africa is, poverty, economic disfunction.. Probably you would prefer America to be that kind of hell hole.
Peace
KMA
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#3317 Dec 12, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News was not lying was my point. Fox news reports a lot of things that Oblama supporters would rather not hear, like horror story after horror story re the ACA.
That story is a lie....... VA was one of the initial plaintiffs in the ACA law suit. Medicaid has not been expanded here. Medicaid in VA is Means Tested for participation with a cap of $2000.

No way someone with an Asset worth $5 Million qualifies for Medicaid aid in Virginia.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#3318 Dec 12, 2013
If you own a vehicle worth more than $3500 and apply for Medicaid in Virginia you would have assets above the qualifying level for participation. Not only did the guy Fox was talking about had a home worth $5 Million, he owned 3 cars.

His cars alone would have prevented him from receiving aid from Medicaid in Virginia.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#3319 Dec 12, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
The US Government is made up of representatives of the people who sent Congressmen and Women from districts and States where they reside to Congress as their voices.
Some see the Government as some entity detached from themselves. Some American Patriots understand the Government to be We the People.
Necessary and Proper Clause
The specific powers and duties of the U.S. Congress are enumerated in several places in the Constitution. The most important listing of these powers is in Article I, Section 8, which identifies in 17 paragraphs the many important powers of Congress. The last paragraph grants to Congress the flexibility to create laws or otherwise to act where the Constitution does not give it the explicit authority to act. This clause is known as the Necessary and Proper Clause, although it is not a federal power, in itself
I just went over this very clause with you from Sec 8 of Article 1 of the U.S Constitution.
the Government is limitless because it's the People's voice.......
<quoted text>
I know you went over it and I responded to it.

“no one told me”

Denver

#3320 Dec 12, 2013
kuda wrote:
only to a lunkhead like you
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#3321 Dec 12, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"kuda"
Glad you were able to pick up my "oxymoron". I have to note that you had nothing to offer as to the disaster South Africa is, poverty, economic disfunction.. Probably you would prefer America to be that kind of hell hole.
Peace
KMA
Are you also going to claim intentionality of your untenable assumptions and duplicity?

I'll be pleased to help you hone your skills through verbal sparring if you're willing to be respectful.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#3322 Dec 12, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
only to a lunkhead like you
How rude — don't hate the messenger.

I was hoping you might be able to put your finger on why they hate them, but apparently you're baffled too. What could it possibly be? Hmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News I am a gay Yankee teacher in the South 14 hr Rev Don Wildmoan 12
dinwiddie officers suicide Tue 1lindaadams1 12
News In tobacco-loving Va., bars to quit cold-turkey... (Nov '09) Mon Martin garey 10
News Inmate dies at Central State Hospital in Va - wtvr (Mar '10) Aug 26 Smarter than you 103
a smart ass yankee! Aug 24 Mike delude 3
News Dance cruises, Martin falls in election primaries Jun '15 Silent Echo 1
Relocating to Chesterfield Mar '15 countrygirl 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterfield Mortgages