Why They Hate Obama

There are 12489 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

Brad

Bolton, CT

#3151 Dec 9, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> The poorest cities are blue. They are blue cities in blue states and blue cities in red states. But they be blue. And that is the real problem. Not the states. But the cities. And they are blue. Not red. But blue. Blue is what they are. In red states, the blue cities are, well blue. Of course there are red areas that are poor. But it is not red state. It is blue city. Now stop the Saul Alinsky crap and go to the source. Blue city. Blue city. Blue city. Blue city.
Yep.

Detroit is another fine example of what decades of Democrat leadership leads to.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3152 Dec 9, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> The poorest cities are blue. They are blue cities in blue states and blue cities in red states. But they be blue. And that is the real problem. Not the states. But the cities. And they are blue. Not red. But blue. Blue is what they are. In red states, the blue cities are, well blue. Of course there are red areas that are poor. But it is not red state. It is blue city. Now stop the Saul Alinsky crap and go to the source. Blue city. Blue city. Blue city. Blue city.
If only you had one shred of proof.

Which you never do.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3153 Dec 9, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of oil and natural gas in them thar red states.
Ton's of natural gas up in northern states and the upper mid west.

You don't have a lock on that.

If that's all you're hanging your hat on, you're not hanging on much, are you?

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#3154 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ton's of natural gas up in northern states and the upper mid west.
You don't have a lock on that.
If that's all you're hanging your hat on, you're not hanging on much, are you?
Uh, the upper mid-west is red, is it not? Or were you referring to southern states?
Mothra

United States

#3155 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.foxbusiness.com/government/2012/09...
Any more questions???
You really need to research yourself.
Only one at the moment... are you this much a jackass in real life, or only on Topix?

Hmmm... nothing about red state vs. blue state.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#3156 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you had one shred of proof.
Which you never do.
Drive through them Saul. The parts not on the tourist brochures where police,fire and ambulance sirens are sounding all day and night will give you a clue. You evil satanic troll.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#3157 Dec 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>During the height of the Vietnam war, roughly 1/3 of the miltary was black. These days, a high % of the military is still black AND "other than white". I suppose if your comment was directed at a black military veteran, you would congratulate him/her for a wise career choice. Your prejudice is as transparent as ol' barebacks closet homosexuality.
not true, no more than 20%, I was there and many blacks were draftees, worthless for the most part.

“no one told me”

Denver

#3158 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You paint a very broad brush regarding liberals, when in fact the highest earning jobs are all located in liberal states. This is a fact, and you know this.
One city in particular is not indicative of all liberal states.
Liberal states still pay the highest amount in federal taxes, while our states receive the least back - all verifiable also. I need not supply you the links - you seem very adept at retrieving this info, but if you'd like, I will supply you links.
Even a self proclaimed conservative democrat, as you've espoused yourself to be, knows this to be true.
without blacks and mexicans demorats could never get elected. How many of those great paying jobs do they account for?

“no one told me”

Denver

#3159 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You could always change the channel to something you can relate to / like Jerry Springer.
I'm sure you're dying to see where Martin Bashir lands. So you can watch him, again.

BTW, no republican watches Springer and virtually all of his "guests" are clearly democrats, if they even bother to vote.

“no one told me”

Denver

#3162 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen this right wing propaganda site before. It speaks of elected presidents and the "welfare states" but gives no specific macros as to actual dollar amounts being paid per state / thus, this site is merely a sham to appease you and your base, but nothing more. Let's get to actual numbers from the CBO, which has actual verifiable data, not the nonsense you just put a link to;
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil...
If you fail to read the entire report, you will in fact see should you take the time, the highest earners in the nation pay the highest portions of federal taxes. This would include all liberal / Blue States, which in fact do have the highest income ratios than the rest of the country.
Therefore, all red states are in fact excluded / their cost of living is lower, right to work and lower state income taxes mean less capital can be attributed to these states.
Let's look even deeper now - just for fun;
http://www.forbes.com/sites/joelkotkin/2012/1...
Bottom line - Blue states subsidizing red states is not a myth, but has been a reality for over 50 years.
an estimated 62% of blacks will qualify for Medicaid, not insurance policies, that tells me a lot about who's getting the majority of welfare.
Funny, I don't know 1 white family on welfare or food stamps. In fact all my white friends grew up to be productive members of society.

“no one told me”

Denver

#3163 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you David Dukes reborn?
where does your self loathing come from? Black wife/girlfriend?

“no one told me”

Denver

#3164 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the states with the lowest income, eight had among the 10 highest poverty rates. Mississippi had the highest poverty rate in the country, at 22.6% of residents, compared to the national rate of 15.9%.
The poorest states in the country are almost entirely found in the South, with the exception of New Mexico. The wealthiest states can be found all across the country, including three in New England, four in the Mid-Atlantic, and two outside the contiguous 48 states.
Let's see if I have this right, according to you, lazy whites on welfare vote for republicans, the very republicans who would like to reduce the amount paid out in welfare benefits?
Which would harm them financially?

Seems like a contradiction to me. Where am I going wrong?

“no one told me”

Denver

#3165 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the states with the lowest income, eight had among the 10 highest poverty rates. Mississippi had the highest poverty rate in the country, at 22.6% of residents, compared to the national rate of 15.9%.
The poorest states in the country are almost entirely found in the South, with the exception of New Mexico. The wealthiest states can be found all across the country, including three in New England, four in the Mid-Atlantic, and two outside the contiguous 48 states.
New Mexico borders Mexico, yet it's not in the south? Could the high rates of poverty/welfare have anything to do with it having the highest percentages of Mexicans?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#3166 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
What natural resource???
Coal's all you have meatball!
Boy, you gotta git outta dem meth labs girl - da fumes dey be messin wit yer mind!
WHY do you THINK they are TRYING to get rid of it?
To 'control' Kentuckians ...

That's WHY!

Not gonna happen.

Cheapest way to get 'electricity'...

You DO use THAT don't you?
OR
Do you use solar ...

The GREEN energy ...

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3167 Dec 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bush admits humans cause global warming, but rebuffs action
July 06, 2005: During the Group of Eight meeting in Gleneagles, Scotland, President Bush acknowledged -- for the first time -- that pollution generated by humans is contributing to global warming. However, behind the scenes his delegation kept up the pressure to water down the international action plan on the issue. In the G8's Communique on Global Warming, U.S. negotiators tried -- but failed -- to delete mention of how higher temperatures affect climate, soften goals for reducing global warming gas emissions and block more stringent environmental regulations for World Bank power projects. In the end, the Bush administration lost the battle. The final statement pledged that all countries would act "with resolve and urgency" to meet the objective of "reducing greenhouse gas emissions." The other seven countries also reaffirmed their commitment to the Kyoto Protocol, which the president opposes. They also rejected the president's claim that mandatory pollution limits would "wreck" their economies and are moving forward with cutting emissions."
Wipe your chin, PussPuss.
Idiot, there is n-o-t-h-i-n-g in that pointing blame at Dubyah. Idiot. With or without quotation marks. idiot. How can you be so stupid without realizing how stoopid you are?

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3168 Dec 9, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
not true, no more than 20%, I was there and many blacks were draftees, worthless for the most part.
Okay, I posted that without the research. I DID make my point to the li'l ol' bigot though, didn't I? BTW, both my first two DIs were Nam vets. Also my first mentor- he was black, my DIs were Puerto Ricans. Harmony Church, Ft Benning, Ga. Not only are the old WWII barracks gone, not even the streets remain- it's just a scrubby forest now. Kings Pond is still there, though. Also, the Ranger Training area is just down the road a bit. Interestingly, the gate to Victory Drive(at Harmony Church area) was still manned last time I was there, though no one knows why.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3169 Dec 9, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
without blacks and mexicans demorats could never get elected. How many of those great paying jobs do they account for?
Blacks account for 13% of the population.

Are you alluding to Mexican Americans? Republicans never will have that vote - never did anything to entice the vote.

I don't have metrics on jobs - can't supply what I don't have.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3170 Dec 9, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see if I have this right, according to you, lazy whites on welfare vote for republicans, the very republicans who would like to reduce the amount paid out in welfare benefits?
Which would harm them financially?
Seems like a contradiction to me. Where am I going wrong?
Actually, it does seem that red states do in fact vote against their best interests.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#3171 Dec 9, 2013
Now that we have the "lord almighty Obama" in the White House, all the bad countries( Iran, China, etc.) are shaking in their boots. The truth is they are laughing at him and the USA. The big question is "WHO IS GOING TO START A WAR FIRST?" Obama is too weak to stop a war, and when it comes, where is HE going to hide? When it comes, I'm hunting liberals.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3172 Dec 9, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
where does your self loathing come from? Black wife/girlfriend?
Don't be an ass - me and Inbred merely goof with each other. We have for many years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Replace DOC Leadership Aug '17 Replace DOC Leade... 1
Christie Brinkley Wrinkle Remover May '17 bulk 1
News How Did Fla. Therapist Accused of S&M with Pati... (May '14) Mar '17 Tim 4
Like and following social pages (Nov '16) Nov '16 Sesational Seduction 1
Chesterfield County VA Child predators (Jul '07) Jan '16 Stay in school 55
Relocating to Chesterfield (Mar '15) Jan '16 Mike Brunswick 2
News SOL scores a mixed bag for area schools (Aug '14) Aug '14 Rife 1

Chesterfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance