Why They Hate Obama

There are 12486 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3131 Dec 9, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The Myth of Red State Welfare
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/the_my...
Of the states with the lowest income, eight had among the 10 highest poverty rates. Mississippi had the highest poverty rate in the country, at 22.6% of residents, compared to the national rate of 15.9%.

The poorest states in the country are almost entirely found in the South, with the exception of New Mexico. The wealthiest states can be found all across the country, including three in New England, four in the Mid-Atlantic, and two outside the contiguous 48 states.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#3132 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the states with the lowest income, eight had among the 10 highest poverty rates. Mississippi had the highest poverty rate in the country, at 22.6% of residents, compared to the national rate of 15.9%.
The poorest states in the country are almost entirely found in the South, with the exception of New Mexico. The wealthiest states can be found all across the country, including three in New England, four in the Mid-Atlantic, and two outside the contiguous 48 states.
yeah, even us backwood hillbilly inbreds are not proud of Mississippi...or Alerbama. The only thing good that comes out of Mississippi and Alabama is I-20.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#3133 Dec 9, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>No myth. The ten poorest states are all Red.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/government/2012/09...
IF 'you' can comprehend this.
It'd BE 'worth a read'...
Simple ... really ...
:D

In a way welfare sending and educational spending are the two best examples of Federal control as they manage to coerce the states into spending what they want the states to spend. This is one reason in order to determine the true magnitude of educational spending one must look at total government spending into the area and not simply take the Federal budget number.
Basically the Red States are the producers and source of natural resources while most Blue enclaves are the financial office areas. In a very real sense Red states end up transporting the vast amount of their taxable revenue to the Blue enclaves to actually act as middle men and collect the money in sales. Along with, you guessed it, the actual tax money. While I admit this explanation is very simplistic it gets the point across. The real reason Red States receive more total Federal trickle down money is due to the tax and income base which is transferred to the Blue States.

http://smallhold-pioneerpreppy.blogspot.com/2...

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#3134 Dec 9, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, even us backwood hillbilly inbreds are not proud of Mississippi...or Alerbama. The only thing good that comes out of Mississippi and Alabama is I-20.
Ya can't even get good moonshine there anymore.

Bordentown, NJ

#3135 Dec 9, 2013
Mykro wrote:
The cost of living is much less. That's why Yankees move down with their pensions and ruin the place.

Alpharetta, GA

#3136 Dec 9, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya can't even get good moonshine there anymore.
in both Alerbamer and Mississippi, a virgin is defined as a 12 year old that can out run her uncle.

Alpharetta, GA

#3137 Dec 9, 2013
immediately upon losing her virginity, a female in Mississippi or alabamer is often heard to exclaim " Git up offa me daddy, yer crushin my smokes"

Alpharetta, GA

#3138 Dec 9, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The cost of living is much less. That's why Yankees move down with their pensions and ruin the place.
yep, and they get in their buicks and drive in the left lane at 40 mph, for hours, with the left blinker on the whole time. While wearing black knee socks and sandals, white patent leather belts and madras Bermuda shorts...on the way to the early bird special

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#3139 Dec 9, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
true, but you are about 57,000 posts ahead of me. Why don't you take a break and let me catch up? I want to be in the topix hall of fame, just like you are.
"imbred Genius"
"bareassed00000" is not in the hall of fame. He is in the 'Hall Of Shame'.
Peace
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#3140 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen this right wing propaganda site before. It speaks of elected presidents and the "welfare states" but gives no specific macros as to actual dollar amounts being paid per state / thus, this site is merely a sham to appease you and your base, but nothing more. Let's get to actual numbers from the CBO, which has actual verifiable data, not the nonsense you just put a link to;
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil...
If you fail to read the entire report, you will in fact see should you take the time, the highest earners in the nation pay the highest portions of federal taxes. This would include all liberal / Blue States, which in fact do have the highest income ratios than the rest of the country.
Therefore, all red states are in fact excluded / their cost of living is lower, right to work and lower state income taxes mean less capital can be attributed to these states.
Let's look even deeper now - just for fun;
http://www.forbes.com/sites/joelkotkin/2012/1...
Bottom line - Blue states subsidizing red states is not a myth, but has been a reality for over 50 years.
What kind of folderol are you babbling about?

What metric are you using to define red state vs. blues state?

Get back to me when you can answer that -- with evidence.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#3141 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Source?

Bordentown, NJ

#3142 Dec 9, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
in both Alerbamer and Mississippi, a virgin is defined as a 12 year old that can out run her uncle.
LOL, they say the same thing about the piney people up here. DNA testing is difficult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piney_ (Pine_Barrens_resident)

Bordentown, NJ

#3143 Dec 9, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, and they get in their buicks and drive in the left lane at 40 mph, for hours, with the left blinker on the whole time. While wearing black knee socks and sandals, white patent leather belts and madras Bermuda shorts...on the way to the early bird special
ROFLMAO! That's hysterical! They'll turn it into what they left in no time.

I'm not old enough to own a Buick yet.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3144 Dec 9, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
IF 'you' can comprehend this.
It'd BE 'worth a read'...
Simple ... really ...
:D
In a way welfare sending and educational spending are the two best examples of Federal control as they manage to coerce the states into spending what they want the states to spend. This is one reason in order to determine the true magnitude of educational spending one must look at total government spending into the area and not simply take the Federal budget number.
Basically the Red States are the producers and source of natural resources while most Blue enclaves are the financial office areas. In a very real sense Red states end up transporting the vast amount of their taxable revenue to the Blue enclaves to actually act as middle men and collect the money in sales. Along with, you guessed it, the actual tax money. While I admit this explanation is very simplistic it gets the point across. The real reason Red States receive more total Federal trickle down money is due to the tax and income base which is transferred to the Blue States.
http://smallhold-pioneerpreppy.blogspot.com/2...
What natural resource???

Coal's all you have meatball!

Boy, you gotta git outta dem meth labs girl - da fumes dey be messin wit yer mind!

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3145 Dec 9, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of folderol are you babbling about?
What metric are you using to define red state vs. blues state?
Get back to me when you can answer that -- with evidence.
Read the entire CBO report son.

Then get back to me.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3146 Dec 9, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Source?

Any more questions???

You really need to research yourself.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3147 Dec 9, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!!!!! Hysterical!!!!

Bordentown, NJ

#3148 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
What natural resource???
Coal's all you have meatball!
Boy, you gotta git outta dem meth labs girl - da fumes dey be messin wit yer mind!
A lot of oil and natural gas in them thar red states.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#3149 Dec 9, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're into cousins? Does sis know?
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#3150 Dec 9, 2013
Mykro wrote:
The poorest cities are blue. They are blue cities in blue states and blue cities in red states. But they be blue. And that is the real problem. Not the states. But the cities. And they are blue. Not red. But blue. Blue is what they are. In red states, the blue cities are, well blue. Of course there are red areas that are poor. But it is not red state. It is blue city. Now stop the Saul Alinsky crap and go to the source. Blue city. Blue city. Blue city. Blue city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
effects of prolonged psychological harassment (Jan '11) May 29 RMB 29
Get Out of Iraq, et al May 29 Angry Citizen 1
Meeting new People for sex May 28 RVA123123 2
Review: The Boneyard Butcher And Seafood Shops Inc May 26 Happy customer 2
Good fishing spot In chester May 23 New here 1
Richmond Job, decent pay, no drug test (Jun '10) May 22 American 60
Taylor Wind Set (Jan '11) May 22 laquesabe 291
More from around the web

Chesterfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE