Since: Oct 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

I'm in Midlothian on business from FL. I always try to find something "local" for dinner rather than one of the chains. I write reviews where they are due.
I found Crab Louie's Seafood Tavern online - the menu looked great so I figured I would give it a try. It is situated on Midlothian Turnpike in an historic building. I already had an idea from the online menu of what I wanted. I had the Butternut Crab Bisque and it was to die for. The soup had a touch of curry and the crab was generous. Loved it! They offered homemade relishes and breads - all that I tried were yummy. The included salad was nicely done rather than just a salad mix. For dinner I had the Crab Cake & Latke combination. The crab cake was CRAB - not a lot of filler as many places offer. The latke was very interesting (crabmeat, shrimp and lobster mixed with onions and fresh herbs broiled and topped with a sweet red pepper honey sauce) and delicious as well. I finished with Chocolate Brandy Mousee (yes dessert as it sounded so good). It was delicious although a little heavy - I'm used to mousse being very light.
I'm here for another night & I think I'll try it again. Yes, it was that good. So, if you are in the area & haven't tried Crab Louie's I highly recommend it!

Since: Dec 08

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Food ok, service poor and prices way tooo high!!!
jjz

Powhatan, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2009

the prices aren't to high cheapskate

Since: Dec 08

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2009

Judged:

Oh Floyd (he runs the place) or should I call you "jjz" ,didn't mean mess with your write up on Crab Louie's . I know times are tough but this is a little deceptive
jjz

Powhatan, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2009

tool
Winkie

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Been rippin' people off for around 20 years now - there's gotta be something good going on to still be alive all these years. They've found a formula for success that seems to be working.
Anne

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 3

I am shocked to see such negative reviews. The food, service, and atmosphere have always been impeccable in the dozens of times I've eaten here. Virginia food and service at its finest. the relishes and breads are a great touch. my family is highly varied in ages and tastes, and very demanding, and the restaurant meets every request. And I just found out it may be haunted? Couldn't be better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chesterfield Discussions

Search the Chesterfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 8 hr barefoot2626 11,516
Bob McDonnell's Legal Defense 12 hr Delano 1
One Dead, One in Custody after Broad Street Sta... (Oct '09) Mon truth told 20
Bill Rovi, unlicensed & uninsured contractor co... Jul 27 Buddy Mitchell 5
Review: Advanced Care Chiropractic and Wellness... (Nov '13) Jul 25 Sam 4
Loaner of Money Beware Jul 25 Richard Firth 1
Kenny Amos not licensed or insured / Poor workm... Jul 24 Buddy Mitchell 1
•••
•••