Bricks stolen from historic Rosewell ...

Bricks stolen from historic Rosewell plantation site in Gloucester | With Video

There are 6 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from May 29, 2014, titled Bricks stolen from historic Rosewell plantation site in Gloucester | With Video. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

The historic Rosewell Plantation Ruins is located in Gloucester County on Old Rosewell Lane in the Hickory Fork area of the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Meh

Gloucester, VA

#1 May 30, 2014
This is pretty typical for that area. I remember when family members passed away and the their "good" neighbors arrived soon after their passing and dug up all of the flower beds. Bird baths too, whatever. When Danny's house burned down the locals were already trying to loot the scene before the night was over. Imagine how well that must of gone over for him and his family, so the whole Rosewell thing aint no biggie.

Hell the graves at Warner Hall were desecrated in Naxera and some of the ones that did it went around bragging about it. History don't mean much around here.

I am just surprised this was not noticed sooner. I imagine the ones who took over at Rosewell would "NEVER" take, steal, purloin or borrow, or as much remove single rock or brick.*snicker*

I seem to remember this bunch was really good at trying to make some folks feel as unwelcome there as possible based on their own personal judgment too.
Meh

Hayes, VA

#2 Jun 16, 2014
I bet those bricks made a very nice BBQ pit out behind the trailer!
wasup

Gloucester, VA

#3 Jul 12, 2014
I heard chuck Amos bragging about having a stack of them from the place that he's gathered over the years.
meh

Gloucester, VA

#4 Jul 12, 2014
wasup wrote:
I heard chuck Amos bragging about having a stack of them from the place that he's gathered over the years.
What is his involvement with the Rosewell Society?
wasup

Gloucester, VA

#5 Jul 13, 2014
He's not with the society. He says he stole them.
meh

Gloucester, VA

#6 Oct 26, 2014
wasup wrote:
He's not with the society. He says he stole them.
LOL Typical...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Son seeking Moore's Lake memorabilia (Oct '06) 10 hr Sharon 108
Obama Again Calls Kettle Black 13 hr Angry American 1
Martial Arts School, Owner LIES about military ... Mon A real Marine 1
Mental health question Sun Done 3
moving from ky to va help me (Jan '15) Jul 25 jgibby1973 7
News The 85th Anniversary from the Nation of Islam t... Jul 23 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
Pastor Proves Trump about McCain Jul 23 Angry American 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterfield Mortgages