Va. Sen. Creigh Deeds Recalls Son's A...

Va. Sen. Creigh Deeds Recalls Son's Attack, Mental Illness

There are 4 comments on the CBS Local story from Jan 27, 2014, titled Va. Sen. Creigh Deeds Recalls Son's Attack, Mental Illness. In it, CBS Local reports that:

Virginia state Sen. Creigh Deeds hugs his son Gus after addressing supporters gathered on election night Nov. 3, 2009 in Richmond, Va.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

Psychiatry is an assualt

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1 Jan 28, 2014
It is well documented that many people experience involuntary psychiatric treatment as an assault. Some describe it as similar to rape where the assault strikes to the core of your body, mind and soul. As with sexual assaults, our mental health system needs to respect the very basic human requirement at such times that ―No means ―No. It is also well documented that many suicidal people are struggling with complex personal histories of trauma. For these people, involuntary psychiatric treatment further traumatizes them, often worsening or indeed sometimes triggering suicidal feelings. More generally, if we understand suicidality as a crisis of the self –i.e. rather than the consequence of some ―mental illness (see below)–then it simply does not make sense to further attack an already fragile sense of self. It is hard to imagine anything less helpful for the suicidal person than to be assaulted by those you seek help from at a time of such crisis.

Read more http://www.communitylaw.org.au/mhlc/cb_pages/...
Psychiatry is an assualt

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Jan 28, 2014
His son Gus was attacked with psychiatry first,

Psychiatry does not play nice.

Stripping basic human rights from people labeled 'mentally ill' is
nothing new, governments, societies and those who choose to work in
psychiatric wards have been dehumanizing 'involuntary patients' for
generations.

The use of 2 - point and 4 - point restraints and solitary confinement (“seclusion”) on psychiatric wards is particularly alarming and dangerous. The many psychiatric prisoners and survivors I’ve talked with describe the restraints as cruel punishment or torture. The restraints consist of thick leather cuffs or straps which are tied around the prisoner’s ankles and wrists and anchored to the sides of the bed. As result, the prisoner can hardly move while being forced to lie flat on his/her back for hours at a time, sometimes days with only brief restraint - free periods. Since physically - restrained prisoners are also chemically restrained by the powerful neuroleptics like haldol, they are doubly - restrained. A common staff reason for restraining prisoners is “control” or “management” of allegedly uncontrollable or disruptive prisoner behaviour, or ‘staff shortages' ect ect.

One thing I can tell you with absolute certainty is that in the psychiatry business, the culture of ‘looking the other way’ is the norm, not the exception. You would be extremely hard pressed to find anyone working in a psych ward that will speak up when viscous crimes are committed by staff against other human beings. What is it that drives these psychopaths to seek careers in psychiatry? Many are attracted to occupations where they have power over others. To get others in a position where there are no witnesses, and in a setting where the psychopath seemingly has near unquestionable credibility. Once the victims are thrown into this scenario, the psychopaths are free to inflict any means of torture and abuse they want until they get their psychological ‘high’.
Billy Bob

Prince George, VA

#3 Jan 28, 2014
Gotta disagree with you on this one. If a person Is found to be homicidal or suicidal admission to a psychiatric facility is a must. If a person is a danger to others I really do not want them untreated. That endangers innocent people. Sorry you apparently had a bad experience.
Psychiatry kills

Tampa, FL

#4 Feb 19, 2014
Billy Bob wrote:
Gotta disagree with you on this one. If a person Is found to be homicidal or suicidal admission to a psychiatric facility is a must. If a person is a danger to others I really do not want them untreated. That endangers innocent people. Sorry you apparently had a bad experience.
Every one does, that's why most suicides are carried out after contact with mental health abuse.

The Most Dangerous Time: Suicide After Discharge from a Psychiatric Hospital Written by Stacey Freedenthal, PhD, LCSW - See more at: http://www.speakingofsuicide.com/2013/05/30/s...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe King Danville 8 hr Buddy Rawlet 5
News The Latest: Taj Mahal closing set for Oct. 10 9 hr Ron Rowland 1
Why are so Many Richmonders Mean (Apr '10) 12 hr which a tall line... 170
News Semi-Literate Mayor Of Bankrupt City Denounces ... 16 hr True Judgement 26
more reasons concerning problems about vaccina... Aug 29 Donald Trump 2
Save Our Supplemental Drugs from Big Pharmacy T... Aug 28 Ms Kluttz 2
Review: Deer Run Animal Medical Center (Sep '13) Aug 28 Elizaberriec 8

Chesterfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance