Police investigating double shooting ...

Police investigating double shooting in Chesterfield - wtvr

There are 41 comments on the WTVR story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Police investigating double shooting in Chesterfield - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Police are investigating a double drive-by shooting that took place in Chesterfield County Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

Aaron Y

Glen Allen, VA

#21 Sep 16, 2010
Betty Bukawki wrote:
This seems to happen more now b/c single mothers are trying to play the role of mommy and daddy. I say we need pounds for kids like they have for animals and if not adopted euthanize the little bastards!
Do you know how ignorant you sound? You should be in the same pound for being so dumb.
Shamont

Richmond, VA

#22 Sep 16, 2010
Bubba wrote:
As long as they allow them to move into the county there will always be problems. Now we have the mexicans and who know what they are staying here and none have bank accounts or the proper papers to be in this Country.
Where is ICE when you needs them????
Obamama is going to give all of these non US Citizens a pass to stay in the US!!
What's that supose to mean I use to live on Rosegill RD and my mother still lives there and the neighborhood has always been quiet with a outburst now and then.
Shamont

Richmond, VA

#23 Sep 16, 2010
THIS NEIGHBORHOOD IF ANYTHING HAS GOTTEN BETTER THAN WHAT IT WAS THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN A MAJORITY BLACK SUBDIVISION, AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT OWN HOMES IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD ARE HARD WORKING CITZENS THIS IN NO WAY SHOULD BE CONSIDERED THE GHETTO NOR THE HOOD IT MAY BE A RUFFER AREA THAN SOME IN CHESTERFIELD BUT IT IS A GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD TO RAISE CHILDERN IN I WAS RAISED HER AND CAN REMEMBER HELICOPETER SCANNING THERW THE NEIGHBORHOOD FOR SOME ONE NO NAME BUT YEA ITS ALWAYS BEEN A TIME WERE A CRIME WILL ACCURE BUT OVERALL WHAT NEIGHBORHOOD HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THAT NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENDS IT REALLY DOESNT MATTER WHAT THE MOTIVE WAS IT ONLY MATTERS THAT NO ONE LOST THERE LIFE THANKS GOD STOP BEING INGNORANT YOU DIDNT LOSE NOTHING FROM THIS AND PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TALK BUT NO ONE CAN COMMENT BUT THE ONES THAT LIVE IN THIS AREA MY MOM STILL LIVES IN ROSEGILL MEADOW WOOD WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT BUT ITS ALL WHAT YOU MAKE IT LIKE SOMEONE SAID YOUR NOT GOING TO LET SOMEONE COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND TREAT YOU LIKE A DOG I KNOW I AINT.SO BE THOUGHTFUL MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO ALL THE FAMILIES THATS LIVES WERE CHANGED OVER THIS. MUCH LOVE MONT
Shamont

Richmond, VA

#24 Sep 16, 2010
YO YOU STILL STAY IN THE GILL DOE !!
Dub Dueces

United States

#25 Sep 16, 2010
I live on this street also, alot of people always read things and make stupid comments, its called a drive by shooting but there was no drive by. The kids that stay in that home are good kids, I allow them in & around my home kids etc. This is just a incident that happen to go to far. Im guessing when people have kids they forget about when they were teenagers and young adults. The racial comments are disgusting everyone in this country is an immigrant. It's not even hang with the wrong people thing. Sometimes in life you deal with people who only know 1 way of doing things, not everyone can be diplomatic. I'd like to see how all you negative respone people would react if someone came to your house with violence. The police are reactive not proactive. Just the end of last school year the was a young mother who was killed up the street from Reams elem, but i guess since that was a white on white crime all the ignorant comments were left out. I wished that it did not happen, but it did & I DONT FAULT THEM FOR DOING WHAT THEY HAD TO DO AS I WOULD DO THE SAME IF IT WERE ME!
Dub Dueces

United States

#26 Sep 16, 2010
Jay wrote:
Just waiting for the interview where the friend or parents says this punk wouldn't harm nobody. People are clueless these days.
Your probably a lonely person, anyone can harm anyone it just takes the right thing to set someone off, get over yourself Loser
Dub Dueces

United States

#27 Sep 16, 2010
Bubba wrote:
As long as they allow them to move into the county there will always be problems. Now we have the mexicans and who know what they are staying here and none have bank accounts or the proper papers to be in this Country.
Obamama is going to give all of these non US Citizens a pass to stay in the US!!
Who the hell is them, are you refering to black people? Why does it matter what the nationality of someone is as to where the can live. I think your a pig, stop hiding behind this comment box, if you feel so strongly against it, I bet your not saying it to the mexicans or any other race you feel dont belong in chesterfield.
Annoyed

Williamston, MI

#28 Sep 16, 2010
Dub Dueces wrote:
I live on this street also, alot of people always read things and make stupid comments, its called a drive by shooting but there was no drive by. The kids that stay in that home are good kids, I allow them in & around my home kids etc. This is just a incident that happen to go to far. Im guessing when people have kids they forget about when they were teenagers and young adults. The racial comments are disgusting everyone in this country is an immigrant. It's not even hang with the wrong people thing. Sometimes in life you deal with people who only know 1 way of doing things, not everyone can be diplomatic. I'd like to see how all you negative respone people would react if someone came to your house with violence. The police are reactive not proactive. Just the end of last school year the was a young mother who was killed up the street from Reams elem, but i guess since that was a white on white crime all the ignorant comments were left out. I wished that it did not happen, but it did & I DONT FAULT THEM FOR DOING WHAT THEY HAD TO DO AS I WOULD DO THE SAME IF IT WERE ME!
I totally agree w/ you! If I'm not mistaken, this young man was a WORKING STUDENT! He is always very friendly & respectful. My kids love those boys & I too would still allow my kids to play at their home. He found himself in a horrible situation & made a split second decision that will unfortunately affect the rest of his life. Thank God that no children were around & no one was killed. My heart goes out to all involved, as well as their families. As for all of the ignorant posts, this is far from the ghetto, anyone of any race has the right to live anywhere, & I can ASSURE you that there was no "gang activity" going on!
Adda

Richmond, VA

#29 Sep 17, 2010
I agree 100% we live near by as well and franklin is not a clean nose kinda kid nor the people he hangs with. I hope he rots in jail.
Rob wrote:
I live very near this neighborhood. The particular house had a little gang activity from what the neighbors say, and a kid that was associated with that house broke into the house behind mine. There were about 25 shots last night. Chesterfield still doesn't seem to have prosecuted the kid that broke into my neighbors house, maybe if they had, there wouldn't have been the activity last night.
Adda

Richmond, VA

#30 Sep 17, 2010
the young adults in that house were not "in the wrong place at the wrong time" they've run their mouths to the wrong people maybe they should learn to shut up and as far as you'd do it to well that speaks well for yourself. If you let them around your children you must be on the same mentality level!! or blind and deaf?? they are not good typical teenagers they are thug wanna be's and if finally caught up to them! It amazes me how people come out of the woodwork to say what a great person they were when they had an illegal gun in their hands and used it....yeah great guy there! and as far as it was a white on white crime with domestic shooting on Reams it was just that a "domestic crime" not a "i think I'm a thug and can defy the law" crime.
Dub Dueces wrote:
Adda

Richmond, VA

#31 Sep 17, 2010
Again you are so far from well informed. There is a lot of gang activity going on and big deal he worked at McDonald's and Friendly's and where else would have him big deal. You have no idea the "scrapes" he's been in. You all need to shut up unless you know what you are talking about I know for 100% that franklin has a habit of doing "bad" stuff. you all claim what hard working student and great kid he is....hmmmm i wonder of the people he's harassed, bullied, etc feel the same way. Rosegill has far to many "bad seeds" in it. WORKING STUDENT,I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT, SUCH A NICE BOY.....famous last words about Trash!
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree w/ you! If I'm not mistaken, this young man was a WORKING STUDENT! He is always very friendly & respectful. My kids love those boys & I too would still allow my kids to play at their home. He found himself in a horrible situation & made a split second decision that will unfortunately affect the rest of his life. Thank God that no children were around & no one was killed. My heart goes out to all involved, as well as their families. As for all of the ignorant posts, this is far from the ghetto, anyone of any race has the right to live anywhere, & I can ASSURE you that there was no "gang activity" going on!
John

Richmond, VA

#32 Sep 17, 2010
For Adda..you dont know frank. i do been cool with franklin and his family for years graduated from high school with frank, and I know that he is not a thug nor negative person just an individual who made the wrong decison. If you want to quote information, quote it correctly; frank is a ex employee of Mcdonalds and Friendly's.He is a college kid who attends Virginia State University.There are always going to be negative people like you that's on the outside looking in. We all would appreciate if you would stop slandering his name please.FYI if you dont know what went on that night please dont comment because what the media shows is not what the facts say...Drive By shooting I think not.
Pissed Off

Greensboro, NC

#33 Sep 17, 2010
Betty Bukawki wrote:
This seems to happen more now b/c single mothers are trying to play the role of mommy and daddy. I say we need pounds for kids like they have for animals and if not adopted euthanize the little bastards!
First of all I come from a single parent home, so you really need to calm down with what you got to say. Secondly, I personally know one of the "suspects" and he has both of his parents in his life. I don't appreciate any of you coming on here saying all this bull about him when you don't even know him or the situation. So how about you shut the F*%K up!!!!
Nick

Richmond, VA

#34 Sep 17, 2010
This is for Adda. Who exactly do you think you are telling people who their kids should hang out with? Or judging their mentality level for their choices for that matter? I walked in the same graduating class as franklin too and the kid was no "bad seed". I ask you one more question if franklin ment to do cause problems why was the gun fight in the street of his own neigbor hood? Hes in college. Judging by the words you use describing that neigborhood im certian you would you say thats an above average accomplishment? Also why do you say young adults in that house i know his younger brother as well and he is far from a screw up, thug, or any other uneducated thought u might have. I have an idea for you leave judgeing to the people who get paid to do it in court and to god because honestly your opinion is not only worthless but extreamly F**king stupid
freddie

Richmond, VA

#35 Sep 18, 2010
Bubba wrote:
good becus us "hispanics" work harder than you "majorities". look do ur research. u know who the "native AMERICANS" were ?? and they wernet white lol its ignorant pple like u dat make us go off
freddie

Richmond, VA

#36 Sep 18, 2010
Rob wrote:
I live very near this neighborhood. The particular house had a little gang activity from what the neighbors say, and a kid that was associated with that house broke into the house behind mine. There were about 25 shots last night. Chesterfield still doesn't seem to have prosecuted the kid that broke into my neighbors house, maybe if they had, there wouldn't have been the activity last night.
a little GANG activity ????ok guy look i been in dat house many many times and we r not in no gang ! we jus chill hang out hav a good time..get it straight
Jess

Richmond, VA

#37 Sep 21, 2010
Non residents of Kentberry road that do not see the shennagins that occur at that house all the time while there is no parental supervision need not comment. this is no clean cut person, nor are the associates. a crime was committed. period. for that, regardless of what the situation is, they need to go to jail and do their time and hopefully come out and make a positive contribution to society instead of using what was likely illegal guns or guns period to shoot at or cause bodily harm, traffiking illegal contraband and being an out and out disturbance to the people that reside in that area. And for the record, crime happens in all kinds of neighborhoods. Do none of you have any common sense? if you have a disagreement, talk it out like an so called college educated person would do. fighting, escalating to gunfire in any situation is not civil or abiding by the law. nobody cares about race, or stereotypes, just obey the law and don't hang out with people that can't/don't do the same..
smh

Marietta, GA

#38 Sep 21, 2010
yall can say what you want but if someone drives up to your house shooting at you are you going to stand their and get shot and not defend yourself if you have access to a weapon?
Jess

Richmond, VA

#39 Sep 22, 2010
I think a reasonably prudent person would stay inside, call the police and not endanger other citizens.
Shamont

Richmond, VA

#40 Sep 24, 2010
Adda wrote:
Again you are so far from well informed. There is a lot of gang activity going on and big deal he worked at McDonald's and Friendly's and where else would have him big deal. You have no idea the "scrapes" he's been in. You all need to shut up unless you know what you are talking about I know for 100% that franklin has a habit of doing "bad" stuff. you all claim what hard working student and great kid he is....hmmmm i wonder of the people he's harassed, bullied, etc feel the same way. Rosegill has far to many "bad seeds" in it. WORKING STUDENT,I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT, SUCH A NICE BOY.....famous last words about Trash!
<quoted text>
Ok then why dont you move? You act like this is the first time something in this nature has happened in this neighborhood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Petersburg city attorney made phony racist call... Jul 5 OMG Petersburg 1
Christie Brinkley Wrinkle Remover May '17 bulk 1
News Latino prosecutor in Chesterfield: Violent ille... Apr '17 spytheweb 5
News How Did Fla. Therapist Accused of S&M with Pati... (May '14) Mar '17 Tim 4
Like and following social pages (Nov '16) Nov '16 Sesational Seduction 1
Chesterfield County VA Child predators (Jul '07) Jan '16 Stay in school 55
Relocating to Chesterfield (Mar '15) Jan '16 Mike Brunswick 2

Chesterfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance