I stopped paying my visa bill. What is going to happen?

Posted in the Chesterfield Forum

myrlehenri049

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Nov 13, 2013
I stopped paying my visa bill. What is going to happen?It is a CIBC visa (from Canada). I stopped paying it about 6 months ago because I was out of work while doing my master's degree in the UK. I plan on returning to Canada - but am terrified of the visa company, I don't know, throwing me in jail or something. If I ignore them and any collection agencies and never open my mail again...will they eventually go away and the debt disappear? I know I will have bad credit and will never be able to get a house or a car...not a big deal as I dont drive or foresee having enough money in the near future to buy a home....but what do you think will happen to me (besides going to hell)?
PS visa and CIBC are both horrible companies that I believe have conspired to put me in debt. I have more than paid off the card in interest. I was givin the card when I was very young, and they kept raising my limit as I spent. Now, years later, i am still suffering for this. I know it was my own fault for getting in debt...but I believe they did everything they could to facilitate it. They are like drug dealers tempting addicts with free crack.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My First Major Disappointment with Cong. Dave Brat 1 hr stasiland 2
Review: R L Shifflett Tree & Landscaping (Feb '14) Mon unknown 2
Review: Deer Run Animal Medical Center (Sep '13) May 1 Mason 7
State Worker Pay Disgraceful Apr 30 American 12
Relocating to Chesterfield Mar '15 countrygirl 1
News How Did Fla. Therapist Accused of S&M with Pati... (May '14) Mar '15 Ian 3
News SOL scores a mixed bag for area schools (Aug '14) Aug '14 Rife 1
More from around the web

Chesterfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE