Judge: Va. same-sex marriage ban unco...

Judge: Va. same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

There are 42 comments on the WSET-TV Lynchburg story from Feb 13, 2014, titled Judge: Va. same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional. In it, WSET-TV Lynchburg reports that:

A federal judge ruled Thursday that Virginia's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, making it the first state in the South to have its voter-approved prohibition overturned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSET-TV Lynchburg.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#32 Feb 14, 2014
AZAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an epic spiritual battle raging between the angels of God and demons (fallen angels). This battle plays out all around us in ways you're not godly enough to understand.
The pedophiles and homosexuals and other liberal filth may think they're winning this battle, but in the end, God will have the final say. The only thing up for debate is whether this great nation stays on the right side of god and keeps it's place as the shining city on a hill or sides with Satan and goes the way of Sodom and Gamorah,
Do you regularly imagine epic battles between imaginary beings?

Most people just play Warcraft.

Location hidden

#33 Feb 14, 2014
Watch closely.

This is what we've all been working for.

http://www.mtv.com/shows/teen_wolf/endless-lo...

Just a part of the mainstream.

Taken in stride.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#34 Feb 14, 2014
AZAdam wrote:
Can one of the legal minds on here explain why she would stay her ruling? And what effect that will have, considering the AG has stated he will not appeal?
I will tell you the *REAL* reason the ruling was stayed.

Want the real, true, no-illusions, absolute-bare-bones-truth reason?

Antigay screaming and pants-shitting and crying. Period.

There is *NO* reason to stay these rulings except that the antigay are in hysterics over them and have vowed like mental patients to fight each and every single, last, solitary one. The antigay -- not the people who have seen this folly, mind you -- are hell-bent, bent to hell itself, on fighting these all the way to the supreme court, and will then fight the *ramifications* of these rulings for years and years and years, watch for yourself and mark my words.(Not that I'm saying something nobody else knows. Everybody here knows it.)

There's no real reason to stay any of this; I see it as procedural. Basically, they "have to" because of the antigay, and that's it, period, end of statement.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#35 Feb 14, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming soon to a state near you. Equal rights are equal rights.
No doubt your parents said the same crap when integration was involved. Hate is learned from haters.
I've seen quote after quote, this is the same shit the racists of yesteryear said. Some of it is verbatim. The world was ending. America was being destroyed. Everything was going down the toilet. It's *exactly* how the prejudiced react when they feel the shock of being told their prejudices are no longer acceptable. They don't change and they won't budge; instead, they claim the rest of the world has gone mental and is now a horrible place in which to live.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#36 Feb 14, 2014
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen quote after quote, this is the same shit the racists of yesteryear said. Some of it is verbatim. The world was ending. America was being destroyed. Everything was going down the toilet. It's *exactly* how the prejudiced react when they feel the shock of being told their prejudices are no longer acceptable. They don't change and they won't budge; instead, they claim the rest of the world has gone mental and is now a horrible place in which to live.
And then they die.
benson

Richmond, VA

#42 Feb 15, 2014
Every area is being infested with this deadly disease....its a pandemic. Quickly......the Center for Disease Control need to immediately shut off all areas where that disease has spread. It won't be safe anymore as long as that contamination is still around.

Location hidden

#44 Feb 16, 2014
benson wrote:
Every area is being infested with this deadly disease....its a pandemic. Quickly......the Center for Disease Control need to immediately shut off all areas where that disease has spread. It won't be safe anymore as long as that contamination is still around.
Wear a condom and don't share needles, twit.

You'll be safe.

El Paso, TX

#45 Feb 16, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be safe.
As long as he puts the concomitant over his head.

El Paso, TX

#46 Feb 16, 2014
Condom

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#47 Feb 16, 2014
benson wrote:
Sounds like you're already infected...

Location hidden

#48 Feb 16, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
Condom
I think he already did.

Restricted blood flow has limited his analytical faculties.
benson

Richmond, VA

#49 Feb 16, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be safe.
I don't engage in that kind of nasty sex.....its pure perversion at its worse.
benson

Richmond, VA

#50 Feb 16, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're already infected...
I'm not m'fcker......go to shyt!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#51 Feb 16, 2014
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't engage in that kind of nasty sex.....its pure perversion at its worse.
ANY activity which involves the exchange of bodily fluids can be the means of transmission.

It's not the partner, nor the specific activity.

When you have erotic relations with someone, regardless of their gender, regardless of the kind of activity, you are having relations with everyone they ever had relations with.

ALWAYS use a condom. NEVER share needles.

Period.

Location hidden

#52 Feb 16, 2014
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not m'fcker......go to shyt!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps, but your last statement shows that you ARE very ignorant ... dangerously ignorant.

Tawas City, Michigan

#53 Feb 17, 2014
Just waiting for the 4th circuit now.

10 liberal & 5 conservative appointees.

They usually move fairly quickly- at least compared to the snail's pace of the 9th.

Location hidden

#54 Feb 17, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Just waiting for the 4th circuit now.
10 liberal & 5 conservative appointees.
They usually move fairly quickly- at least compared to the snail's pace of the 9th.
... AND, don't forget, bipartisan confirmed.

Tawas City, Michigan

#55 Feb 17, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
... AND, don't forget, bipartisan confirmed.
Well kinda bipartisan.

Remember the recent dust up over changing the Senate filibuster rules for judicial nominations.

Wait until the next SCOTUS vacancy.

If the Dems manage to keep control of the Senate, they'll almost certainly have to change the rules to apply the same simply majority to SCOTUS nominees as well. Otherwise the GOPsaurs will filibuster any SCOTUS nominee until after the '16 election- hoping of course their party gets control of the White House.

Location hidden

#56 Feb 18, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well kinda bipartisan.
Remember the recent dust up over changing the Senate filibuster rules for judicial nominations.
Wait until the next SCOTUS vacancy.
If the Dems manage to keep control of the Senate, they'll almost certainly have to change the rules to apply the same simply majority to SCOTUS nominees as well. Otherwise the GOPsaurs will filibuster any SCOTUS nominee until after the '16 election- hoping of course their party gets control of the White House.
The Dem hold on the Senate is tenuous.

2014-16 is for all the marbles.

Get out the vote this year.

Tawas City, Michigan

#57 Feb 18, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dem hold on the Senate is tenuous.
2014-16 is for all the marbles.
Get out the vote this year.
Every election is for all the marbles.

While the GOPasaurs could take the Senate this election, that's what everyone thought about 2012- and the Dems actually picked up seats.

The GOPasaurs would have to hold all their current seats, pick up all 4 open seats currently held by Dems who are retiring, AND pick of two incumbent Dems running for reelection.

Even in a midterm election which favors the GOP, that's a tough hill to climb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Semi-Literate Mayor Of Bankrupt City Denounces ... 2 hr VN Vet 17
The Glass Lady (Mar '09) 10 hr Jenny Martin 11
News Will Republicans now impeach Obama? (Nov '10) Thu Meow Meow Meow 178
Whitney Bsharah Aug 24 Truth 2
Dangers of Autism in Children through GMO Foods Aug 24 Concerned Citizen 1
white power Aug 24 Black Lives Suck 1
important information on voter fraud and bill c... Aug 22 Concerned Citizen 1

Chesterfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance