Census rally aims to boost lagging participation in Petersburg

There are 13 comments on the Mar 26, 2010, Progress-Index story titled Census rally aims to boost lagging participation in Petersburg. In it, Progress-Index reports that:

Residents only have a few more days to mail back their census form. So far, preliminary results show that Petersburg is lagging behind its neighbors in participation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Progress-Index.

dorothy taylor

Hopewell, VA

#1 Mar 31, 2010
who's going to read the census forms for those who can't read,in the city of readers
Carl

Petersburg, VA

#2 Mar 31, 2010
yea, cause they are all toking up!

“Support Autism Awareness”

Since: Dec 08

Maryland

#3 Mar 31, 2010
My My,always standng in judgement. Colonial Heights has real issues, just as other surrounding cities. I stopped in Colonial Heights during the Christmas Holiday. Upon my arrival at the WAWA,there were many youth reeking of weed,drinking alcohol in the parking lot, and cursing in the store. The teens were white. The girls were half dressed, and the guys had their pants hanging down to their ankles almost.

So,as you see,the tri-city in it's self has it's ups,downs,stereotyping,crime,p overty,riches,smart,
dumb,intelligent,ignorant,lite rate, and illiterate.
The short of the long...all cities have their challenges. These challenges are not restricited to race.
Carl

Petersburg, VA

#4 Apr 3, 2010
Race was not mentioned at all in that last post... I know, these teens are all toking up everywhere! There is a lack of participation everywhere due everything mentioned in your post. I am a proud African American!

Maryland

#5 Apr 4, 2010
Carl wrote:
Race was not mentioned at all in that last post... I know, these teens are all toking up everywhere! There is a lack of participation everywhere due everything mentioned in your post. I am a proud African American!
I never stated race was implied.
Carl

Petersburg, VA

#6 Apr 4, 2010
Ok... Just seemed to me that's what you meant... Please be clearer next time. Please and thank you!

Maryland

#7 Apr 10, 2010
Please read next time. Thank You!
Tewana

Petersburg, VA

#8 Apr 11, 2010
Don't get your granny panties all up in a bunch!

Maryland

#9 Apr 12, 2010
Tewana wrote:
Don't get your granny panties all up in a bunch!
You must really enjoy following me lol
Granny..I don;t think so (:
Tewana

Colonial Heights, VA

#10 Apr 13, 2010
Nope... I just see you in EVERY post putting your 2 cents in like you know everything and you have the best advice for everyone... You like telling people how wrong they are. You must be close to an old granny if your commenting on here about everything... I mean I know I'm on here right now, but only to see what old grandma is up to, and just because I LOVE TO FOLLOW YOU! haha

Maryland

#11 Apr 13, 2010
Tewana you must be a child. I do not post on here often anymore. So it is impossible for you to see me on every posting. A grandma ????LOL It's obvious by your age that are immature. If you must know I am young lol. Not that it's any of your business. However I am not a child such as yourself. Continue to follw me you may learn something. Your avatar says Petersburg,if that's the case than you should know something about the city other than all the negativity. When you have something to contribute of value let me know. So far all you have contribute is nonsense follow up s to my posting. Are you intelligent enough to post anything of knowledge. Everyone else has contribute their opinion (which is what this forum is about). Perhaps it is you that's the grandma with nothing better to do than to chase me on Topix, Perhaps its the lack of intelligence that your grandma has inherited to you.

COntinue to follow. You sound crazy lol. BY the way you are doing the same thing you are accusing me of doing. Silly kid.

Get a job ,oh that is your job to follow me. lol
Tewana

Petersburg, VA

#12 Apr 13, 2010
Girl, all your doing in the above post is rambeling on about the same thing, how young and immature I am. Next time... just sum it up in once sentence :) Yes, I am from Petersburg and I do know alot about the city and I hate to tell you but most everything in this city is all negative.... Maybe thats the reason for me following you around. Petersburg just does not provide me with the education that they should, becasue the money is being spent in other places. The city could be selling some of these old run down, marked off with tape buildings, but nooo they leave them up and provide the "bums" of the area a place to stay and deal drugs. Also, why do we not have enough police to patrol every inch of the city like most cities? Because the pwople are not filling their CENSUS out to let the gov.t' know where the money is needed. GOD BLESS the city of Petersburg and bring it to life again! Praise the lord!!!! I'll pray for you my dear lady when I lay my head down tonight. I'll also pray for my crazy ass! But nex time... please don't hate on my grandmother. She passed away not too long ago, and was not intellagent at all... Only made it to the third grade. She was deaf, so she never made it far.... maybe she is the reason why I am the way I am, but I'm sorry for that mame... I can not help that. God bless you!

Maryland

#13 Apr 14, 2010
Tewana wrote:
Girl, all your doing in the above post is rambeling on about the same thing, how young and immature I am. Next time... just sum it up in once sentence :) Yes, I am from Petersburg and I do know alot about the city and I hate to tell you but most everything in this city is all negative.... Maybe thats the reason for me following you around. Petersburg just does not provide me with the education that they should, becasue the money is being spent in other places. The city could be selling some of these old run down, marked off with tape buildings, but nooo they leave them up and provide the "bums" of the area a place to stay and deal drugs. Also, why do we not have enough police to patrol every inch of the city like most cities? Because the pwople are not filling their CENSUS out to let the gov.t' know where the money is needed. GOD BLESS the city of Petersburg and bring it to life again! Praise the lord!!!! I'll pray for you my dear lady when I lay my head down tonight. I'll also pray for my crazy ass! But nex time... please don't hate on my grandmother. She passed away not too long ago, and was not intellagent at all... Only made it to the third grade. She was deaf, so she never made it far.... maybe she is the reason why I am the way I am, but I'm sorry for that mame... I can not help that. God bless you!
You know I do have to agree with you on a long of the issue with Petersburg you bought up. My point was that not all Petersburg is corrupt and not all people from Petersburg are bad. Thanks for praying for me(seriously) That's thoughtful of you. I am sure you are not an awful person and you live in Petersburg. Unfortunately the town has gone down. Unfortunately the bad part always out rule the good parts. I am orginally from Petersburg. I was raised in a 2 parent,loving middle class neighborhood. I was taught to respect my elders and work hard to succeed. I also agree with you that with any hope and prayers Petersburg can regain it's respect and dignity. City Hall played a large part in the down fall of Petersburg in regards to the economics. However,no one is responsible for those that corrupt but themselves. I do apologize for the offensive remark concerning your grandmother. May God also Bless You !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of The Smart Meter 3 hr Outraged Citizen 1
Chester's race car owner & driver T.W. Taylor: ... (Oct '09) 10 hr ken english 8
My First Major Disappointment with Cong. Dave Brat 18 hr Disappointed Cons... 1
Relocating to Chesterfield Mar '15 countrygirl 1
News How Did Fla. Therapist Accused of S&M with Pati... (May '14) Mar '15 Ian 3
News SOL scores a mixed bag for area schools (Aug '14) Aug '14 Rife 1
Who won the Chesterfield Clerk of Court Election? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Policepro 1
More from around the web

Chesterfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]