Illegal Dumping Still A Problem In Ch...

Illegal Dumping Still A Problem In Chesterfield - wtvr

There are 23 comments on the WTVR story from Feb 15, 2010, titled Illegal Dumping Still A Problem In Chesterfield - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Two months ago CBS 6 alerted the Virginia Department of Transportation to illegal dumping on a road officials say they're responsible for maintaining.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
writter

Richmond, VA

#1 Feb 15, 2010
This mess is because at the Dump they charge a lot for appliances and tires. If they lower prices or does not charge extra for this articles the County is not going to have this problem again. Think About it.
Restitution-Plea s

Saraland, AL

#2 Feb 15, 2010
You can trace the tires via serial number to the vendor that sold them, and from that, the purchaser that bought them. A visit by the police should turn up the tire shop that isn't carrying the same costs as everyone else. An order to reload and dispose of the tires properly, with a reasonable fine should convince the miscreant that it is better to be a responsible citizen than a dumper!
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#3 Feb 15, 2010
Don't we pay an extra fee to the gov't for proper disposal of used tires? What the hick is this crap going on.
David

Glen Allen, VA

#4 Feb 15, 2010
This is why God invented cameras
Sammy

Richmond, VA

#5 Feb 15, 2010
Hey Fleahead I am surprised you would let the news crew take a picture behind your trailer.
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#6 Feb 15, 2010
Sammy wrote:
Hey Fleahead I am surprised you would let the news crew take a picture behind your trailer.
I couldn't resist, i just wanted them to see you crawl from under there like a field rat.
Wondering

Ruckersville, VA

#7 Feb 15, 2010
Fleahead when did you puy tires on the UGO to know about tire disposal fee? Mommy / Daddy kick you out the basement to? Sammy said you were spring came early. BOOOOOOMMM
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#8 Feb 15, 2010
All i know is what i read in the owners manual. The car was donated to sammys underground chop shop. They turned it into a TOYOTA!
citizen

Richmond, VA

#9 Feb 15, 2010
Why doesn't Vdot put up a security camera to catch those that are dumping illegally?
lil tae

Montgomery Village, MD

#10 Feb 16, 2010
this is rediculus because we should know where our money is going
Larry

AOL

#11 Feb 16, 2010
This is another example that the American Public wants something for nothing. Put cameras up and fine the people that drop trash around $500.00 and make them clean it up that should stop it.
jmk

Richmond, VA

#12 Feb 16, 2010
Problems like this could possibly be avoided if Chesterfield County offered free locations to dispose of waste properly.
Big D

Saluda, VA

#13 Feb 16, 2010
Put up video cameras like they use for hunting,you'll have your proof on camera and prosacute,after burning a few you wont have any problems
gray haired lady

Culpeper, VA

#14 Feb 16, 2010
maybe the county's finest, the police, could make that area a routine check. some of that trash may reveal an address but that is really messy going through garbage. grandfathering not allowed on that property!
beatwatcher

United States

#15 Feb 16, 2010
This is a business that is charging customers a disposal fee and pocketing the cash. They need to put up a camera and catch them and post their name for all to see. Send them a bill for the cleanup efforts, the are robbing their customers and the rest of us.
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#16 Feb 16, 2010
Police are too busy trying to get their speeding ticket quotas up for the month. Its a non-crime issue to them and a waste of time.
Joe

Richmond, VA

#17 Feb 16, 2010
As a former Chesterfield County resident, I can see why people are dumping illegally. Chesterfield County was charging 8 dollars a pickup truck load to dump trash at that facility. That was 3 years ago. I don't how much they are charging now but I thought 8 dollars was too much. If they want to see results they need to ease up on the cost of going to the dump. I moved to Hanover County where there is no charge to dump anything.
Genito resident

United States

#18 Feb 16, 2010
Seems like VDOT should have put up the permanent barrier the first time, instead of a temporary barrier. It takes coverage by a news crew for VDOT to the same work tax payers have been complaining to them for years. I see Dawn was quick to mention at tax payer expense(every one reading this story and blog) instead of VDOT expense.
GSO

Atlanta, GA

#19 Feb 16, 2010
Chesterfield is governed and policed by a "BUNCH OF THEVEING IDIOTS" who DO NOTHING for the good of the county and always have their hand in your pocket for money. Then they turn around and embezzle what they collect. Why else do you think the county, school system, and everything else is going to HELL in a handbasket. Time we start investigating some of these "SO CALLED" County leaders as to what they do to earn their salaries ?
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#20 Feb 16, 2010
Joe wrote:
As a former Chesterfield County resident, I can see why people are dumping illegally. Chesterfield County was charging 8 dollars a pickup truck load to dump trash at that facility. That was 3 years ago. I don't how much they are charging now but I thought 8 dollars was too much. If they want to see results they need to ease up on the cost of going to the dump. I moved to Hanover County where there is no charge to dump anything.
The dumping fee is on the way. I feel sorry for your move to hanover, goochland would have been a better choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christie Brinkley Wrinkle Remover May '17 bulk 1
News Latino prosecutor in Chesterfield: Violent ille... Apr '17 spytheweb 5
News How Did Fla. Therapist Accused of S&M with Pati... (May '14) Mar '17 Tim 4
Like and following social pages (Nov '16) Nov '16 Sesational Seduction 1
Chesterfield County VA Child predators (Jul '07) Jan '16 Stay in school 55
Relocating to Chesterfield (Mar '15) Jan '16 Mike Brunswick 2
News Dance cruises, Martin falls in election primaries (Jun '15) Jun '15 Silent Echo 1

Chesterfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterfield Mortgages