stephanie

Atwood, TN

#24 Feb 19, 2010
she should be introuble for doing what she did to rose but instead she got out and did the same to someone else no matter if it was an illegal immigrant or not he still has a family that has to be without them just like rose luv muffy
Major Payne

Washington, DC

#25 Sep 9, 2010
Well after knowing the Payne family for most of my life. I wouldn't expect anything different from this family. Not counting Kelly's several prior DUI convictions Her brother Rodger Payne has 2 DUI's, mother Karan Payne has one that I am sure of, and her oldest sister Kimberly Payne has two that I know of, and they were with in a 24 hour period. This idot of a child never had a chance. Maybe they should put the entire family of drunks in the slammer so they could have a family reunion and not destroy any other decent families lives.
some one who knows kelly

Clarksville, TN

#26 Dec 20, 2010
By no means do I think what kelly did was right and she should not be out. But she did have remorse for what happend to rose she cried many times over it. I was truely shocked when I heard she did this again. I send my prayers to both fam. But please no kelly is no monster just someone who has problems with drinking may god forgive her as should you do not forget but yes forgive god says to only he can judge
udonodon

Harrisonburg, VA

#27 Dec 27, 2010
some one who knows kelly wrote:
By no means do I think what kelly did was right and she should not be out. But she did have remorse for what happend to rose she cried many times over it. I was truely shocked when I heard she did this again. I send my prayers to both fam. But please no kelly is no monster just someone who has problems with drinking may god forgive her as should you do not forget but yes forgive god says to only he can judge
If she regretted killing Rose, she would not have kept drinking and driving to kill again. No, MURDER again. I'll bet the only reason she was crying was for her pitiful self.

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#28 Dec 27, 2010
udonodon wrote:
<quoted text>If she regretted killing Rose, she would not have kept drinking and driving to kill again. No, MURDER again. I'll bet the only reason she was crying was for her pitiful self.
No telling how many times she drove drunk AFTER the first murder. Anyone can make a terrible mistake ONCE, after that it becomes a very dangerous and destructive HABIT. Time for "understanding" is way over. Time now for some long and painful retribution and punishment.
Glen Allen

Richmond, VA

#29 Dec 27, 2010
Rose Melton Sister wrote:
For those of you that have taken up for my sister I truley appreciate it. David Smith....I did not realize how much you cared...Jamie is lucky to have you....For those of you that applaud what Kelly did to my sister and Mr. Patel...judgement day is comming....you need to figure out where it is you want to be...how would you feel if it were your child, father, sister, brother, or any other close family member for that matter....Now for the facts on what happened that night since not very many people know what really happened...Rose was 13 years old. She was very independant and responsible. She had been walking to her friends house for several years before this murder occured. That evening me, my mother, and my mothers ex-husband were working. Rose was staying with her friend for the night, which was not uncommon. As she and her friend were walking to her friends house...crossing the street in fact...Kelly came speeding down Christmasville Road doing at least 60 mph. Her friend was crossing the street first...Rose saw the car and shoved her friend and the buggy that carried their two pregnant dogs across the strret. At that moment Kelly hit Rose throwing her about 20 yards and slammed on her brakes. Rose's friend began screaming "You hit my friend!" Kelly immediatly slammed the gas pedal and ran over Rose dragging her another 50 yards or so. Roses flesh and blood were still on her hood. Rose's friends mother and Rose's botfriend heard the screaming and ran outside to find Rose on the street bleeding and gasping for breath. They cradled her in their arms until ambulances arrived. Five minutes later my family was on their way home when we were stopped by the police due to a traffic jam, we were informed that a little girl had been killed not five minutes earlier....I knew in my heart that the little girl was my sister. Our house was only a block away from the scene of the murder. Kelly lived less then a block away and heard the ambulance. She knew she had hit someone because she called several people to ask what she should do. She turned herswelf in only after hearing my sister was dead 8 hours later on the news. My family and I rushed to our house to find a note on the door written by my one time friend "Rose has been in an accident and it is bad." I ran down the strret to the scene of the hit and run just as the ambulance was leaving with my sister inside. My mother and step-father picked me up and we rushed to the hospital. The docotrs had us waiting in a small room for 3 hours. Only when I began raising hell did they finally tell us, "The injuries were so severe, and we tried so hard to save her, Rose died 30 minutes after arriving to the hospital." Since they had tried so hard to save her they destroyed any chance of donating her organs. My entire family though it was a man that had hit her, not thinking that a woman could be so careless about the life of a child. When we discovered it was a woman we were all in shock. On the day of Kelly's sentancing...she showed absolutly no remorse for what she had done...there were no appologies made to our family.
++++++++++
That is so very sad, I wish I had not read it, but I understand and respect your need to have written it.
Heaven must be a little nicer now that young Rose is there.

I may have missed it in the article, but did Kelly have a valid drivers license? I cannot imagine that she was a legal driver.
some one who knows kelly

Clarksville, TN

#30 Dec 30, 2010
i agree she should not have been out drinking and driving again. as i said before what she has done is very wrong and terrible. But i do know for a fact she had remorse for rose. kelly has a problem with drinking that out her back in prison and hopefully she now knows that she has no one to blame but herself and her addiction but you are no better to sit and say what kelly felt. she has made terrible mistakes but deep down kelly is a wonderful person and a child of god. he is who she has to answer to none of you and all of you who sit and judge her will have to answer to him to bc he does not want us to judge. unless you talk to kelly and she tells you she has no remorse than you have no right to say different. i am once again truley sorry to the fams that lost a loved one but i know kelly and i know that she is very sorry too.
some one who knows kelly

Clarksville, TN

#31 Dec 30, 2010
Amy Bingham wrote:
No! She is not a wonderful person. Wonderful people do not kill people for the sport of it. This woman if you can call her that. She has KILLED 2 people in 6 years. She KILLED Rose Milton and left to die. She didn't even call 911, she just left this poor child to DIE, and has not looked back since.
What is sad is that the people of Virgina will have to pay for her sorry ass to be in jail. It's sad she could not get what she gave to Rose.
have you never made mistakes in your life who are you to judge her
some one who knows kelly

Clarksville, TN

#32 Dec 30, 2010
udonodon wrote:
<quoted text>If she regretted killing Rose, she would not have kept drinking and driving to kill again. No, MURDER again. I'll bet the only reason she was crying was for her pitiful self.
those who judge are nobetter than the one who they are judging. i know how sad she was over rose she has an addiction hopefully now she will over come it i am her friend i will always stand behind her i hate what she has done but i stand behind her bc i know deep down how greeat she is
Glen Allen

Richmond, VA

#33 Dec 30, 2010
It would appear that Ms. Payne has someone else to answer to beside God. A judge in a court of law.
udonodon

Harrisonburg, VA

#34 Dec 30, 2010
I bet the families of the two people she killed wouldn't agree with you. They are the ones I stand behind.
udonodon

Harrisonburg, VA

#35 Dec 30, 2010
<quoted text>
those who judge are nobetter than the one who they are judging. i know how sad she was over rose she has an addiction hopefully now she will over come it i am her friend i will always stand behind her i hate what she has done but i stand behind her bc i know deep down how greeat she is
I bet the families of the two people she killed wouldn't agree with you. They are the ones I stand behind.
some one who knows kelly

Clarksville, TN

#36 Jan 6, 2011
udonodon wrote:
<quoted text>I bet the families of the two people she killed wouldn't agree with you. They are the ones I stand behind.
Thats your choice and i feel for them i truely do but i also feel for kelly she has to answer to god for mistakes not us. and she has to deal with this for the rest of her life. she is a wonderful person and you have no right to say different. those who can stand up and judge only do al bc they are hiding aomething theirselfs

Rooted in Reality

#37 Jan 6, 2011
<quoted text>
Thats your choice and i feel for them i truely do but i also feel for kelly she has to answer to god for mistakes not us. and she has to deal with this for the rest of her life. she is a wonderful person and you have no right to say different. those who can stand up and judge only do al bc they are hiding aomething theirselfs
So, you are saying we should execute her and let God judge her? I bet the families of the ones she murdered would agree with you and so do I.
udonodon

Harrisonburg, VA

#38 Jan 7, 2011
<quoted text>
If you care so much about her, why didn't you do something to help her before she killed again?

Since: Jul 10

Richmond, VA

#39 Jan 7, 2011
udonodon wrote:
<quoted text>If you care so much about her, why didn't you do something to help her before she killed again?
There is a couple words missing from these people mind set.

Responsibility
a
n
d
Accountability

If true meaning of these two words do not get instilled again in our country we are doomed.
Alisha Wilkins

Savannah, TN

#40 May 8, 2011
First of all I want you all to know I love Rose, she was my best friend. But it has been ten years now, and it's time to let her rest. There is no need to keep arguing on whether or not Kelly did or didn't care for what happened for Rose. And in time God will serve judgment in his own form when he sees it to be fitting. I miss Rose everyday, but in my heart I've also learned to forgive. When you start issuing words of responsibility and accountability, yes I understand there is a great lacking of it in this country, but one day when God sees that it is time he will hold all of us responsible and accountable for our actions. Misty, Nicole, Micheal, and Rose....I love you all and hope for God's blessings on your family and the peaceful rest of my friend.

Rooted in Reality

#41 May 9, 2011
Alisha Wilkins wrote:
First of all I want you all to know I love Rose, she was my best friend. But it has been ten years now, and it's time to let her rest. There is no need to keep arguing on whether or not Kelly did or didn't care for what happened for Rose. And in time God will serve judgment in his own form when he sees it to be fitting. I miss Rose everyday, but in my heart I've also learned to forgive. When you start issuing words of responsibility and accountability, yes I understand there is a great lacking of it in this country, but one day when God sees that it is time he will hold all of us responsible and accountable for our actions. Misty, Nicole, Micheal, and Rose....I love you all and hope for God's blessings on your family and the peaceful rest of my friend.
Real sorry for your loss and I'm glad this woman is finally where she belongs. I just hate the fact that ANYONE has to die at the hands of a drunk driver.
Alisha Wilkins

Lexington, TN

#42 Oct 22, 2011
There was no smile on Crozet native Kelly Dinelle Payne's face when Richmond Circuit Court Judge Beverly Snukals sentenced the two-time drunk-driving killer to 46 years behind bars, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

"I could say I'm sorry, but it wouldn't begin to scratch the surface," Payne said, according to the TD. Payne's grinning mugshot in March belied the seriousness of her crime: on March 7, driving her boyfriend's truck in Richmond, she was involved in an accident.

She fled the scene and then struck and killed Ashokkumar M. Patel as he walked home from work. She left the scene of that accident as well.

Payne had already served jail time for killing a 13-year-old Tennessee girl while driving drunk. In total, she has 21 offenses on her recordľ six of them for drunk driving, and all related to her tendency to consume intoxicants.

Payne's attorney, Dean Marcus, argued that Payne is no longer a threat, and asked Judge Snukals to reduce the sentence the jury had recommended to between 23 years four months and 29 years two months.

"This is not a mean person," Marcus told the judge, according the Dispatch. "This is not somebody we have to worry about. This is not somebody who's going to rob people or hurt people."

Snukals, however, disagreed. "I think Ms. Payne is someone the court needs to worry about," she said. Dean plans to appeal the sentence, according to the Dispatch, claiming that Payne's conviction of both felony murder and manslaughter violates the Constitutional double jeopardy clause.

http://www.readthehook.com/77308/smiling-car-...

I guess this would be were I can honestly tell you that after missing and crying for Rose for ten years, I can finally feel that she has gotten some justice. I hope that Mr. Patel's family can also feel the same. I don't wish for anyone to be faced with long term sentencing, death, or anything else that would keep them away from family members and loved ones. We all make mistakes. But that also doesn't make my hurt any easier either. So I'm posting this so everyone can have an idea of how the Judge felt and what he sentenced her to. Like I said nothing would make the pain and missing any easier, but I'm hoping that maybe this time around Kelly can make some peace with God and find herself out of her drinking addiction.
jay honeywell

Olathe, KS

#43 Nov 26, 2011
i knew rose and her family for years she was loved and now missed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 26 min Mia 11,870
Chikara Pro Wrestling in RVA this October (Kids... 54 min CHIKARA 1
Yes There us Taxation without Representation 6 hr WeThePeople 2
ISIS Already in U.S. 11 hr WeThePeople 1
Mom and Pop restaurant in Chester VA Sep 16 Robin 4
Unsung African American Hero Historical Society Sep 15 HSsjDourahthy 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
•••
•••
•••

Chesterfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chesterfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chesterfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chesterfield