Confederate flag replaces Obama sign

Full story: WAVY-TV Portsmouth

Chesterfield County police are investigating the theft of a resident's campaign sign supporting Barack Obama's historic bid for the presidency.
Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Jun 2, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
A Voter

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Judged:

This fool is making the election appear to be a race issue. I feel it is not. It is an issues race. If you wish to get technical...Mr. Obama is 50% white and 50% african american.
Keep an eye on the issues you like/dislike not skin pigmentation.Fool.
dfowensby

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Judged:

another odd thing: the 'muslim slander'. so what? religion is now a "bad" thing? would he be acceptable if he was Roman Catholic? it got JFK elected...
and for race: if you go by the system used by many governments, even by ancient biblical hebrew reckoning, it's matriarchic. meaning, you are the race of your mother's people--he's not a black candidate, by the reckoning of MANY of today's nations and customs, he's white. so now what do we attack? his vice president?
oops. wrong candidate...
this may be what perplexes many other nations about the USA's goofy prejudices.-O.
Beverly lett

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2008

Judged:

We are living in dangerous times
it is sad that ignorants of racist
people that live in this community
are allowed to act in this fashion,
to replace a sign because it has obama name with a flags that represent nothing but their racist beliefs is sick. For those who are afraid of a black man taking office relax, it was your four fathers who got us in this shit. and now because it makes sense
majority will rule.
gooneygoogoo

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2008

Judged:

Beverly lett wrote:
We are living in dangerous times
it is sad that ignorants of racist
people that live in this community
are allowed to act in this fashion,
to replace a sign because it has obama name with a flags that represent nothing but their racist beliefs is sick. For those who are afraid of a black man taking office relax, it was your four fathers who got us in this ****. and now because it makes sense
majority will rule.
Wow Beverley. The flag is racist how???

It is used without permission by the ignorant. It is slandered by the ignorant. The flag represents the Southern way of life.

The North made all the money selling slaves-not the south. Slave ships sailed into Northern ports. The only reason "Honest Abe" even considered abolishment was as a measure to hurt the South financially.

"Honest Abe" has been quoted as saying the negroes cant live with the white man because they will take jobs meant for whites.

"Honest Abe" is another fake public school hero.
John

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2008

Judged:

Re: gooney's comment. Um...last time I checked, the South had more slaves and they were actually brought into southern ports, not northern ones. The South relied heavily on slave labor to produce products, and the Confederate flag became recognized as a sign of rebelion by the south. It also became recognized as a symbol by those greatly affected by Slavery...and they are hardly ignorant. That flag may have indeed represented the southern way of life, but it is also used by hate groups which promote discrimination.
gooneygoogoo

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

Judged:

John wrote:
Re: gooney's comment. Um...last time I checked, the South had more slaves and they were actually brought into southern ports, not northern ones. The South relied heavily on slave labor to produce products, and the Confederate flag became recognized as a sign of rebelion by the south. It also became recognized as a symbol by those greatly affected by Slavery...and they are hardly ignorant. That flag may have indeed represented the southern way of life, but it is also used by hate groups which promote discrimination.
Which ports?

The Yankees were busy trading rum and molasses for negro slaves. They had no problem at all selling the slaves to southerners and making a hefty profit in doing so. For them to pretend that thay are somehow ethicaly superior to the "simple southerners" is hogwash.

The only reason they wanted to abolish slavery is to hurt the South financially. They didn't give a damn about a negro in chains.

Slavery was a much smaller issue to the Southerners that public school would have you beleive.

Southerners felt that there were things worth fighting for. One was defending itself against a government that did't care about it or it's people. That's obvious by the attempts by the Yankee Government to tax the Southern populace into bankruptcy. These certainly sound like things worth fighting for to me. It's shameful these groups have adopted the Battle Flag and portray it as a hate symbol.

It has become a symbol
JPS

Cape Charles, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

Judged:

vIRGINIA is full of racist people and McCain supporters. Just because Obama is winning everyone wants to turn it into a race issue, this is america everyone makes everything a race issue
Wayne

Williamsburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Judged:

Why put McCain's name into this JPS. Are you saying he is a racist??? The reason we still have race issues here is that the blacks won't let it die. United Negro College Fund, Miss Black America, BET tv channel, affirmative action ect!!!!. If whites tried to do something like this it would be plastered on all tv stations. Why do I continue to pay for something that happened hundreds of years ago. All whites in America were involved in slavery and most today are tired of hearing about it. You can't honestly say that the Democrats don't play the race card during every election.
o well

Powhatan, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Judged:

gooneygoogoo, You should be a History teacher
gooneygoogoo

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

Judged:

o well wrote:
gooneygoogoo, You should be a History teacher
Yes, I should.

I would certainly reveal the facts to the ignorant.

They would never beleive me because it is just so much fun to blame a Southerner(read whiteman)for all of black America's societal ills.

After all.....the white man imports the cocaine so blacks can be hooked....the Koreans run all liquor stores so the blacks can be drunks.....

Blah,blah,blah. There are white drunks and crackheads too.
CONTROL

Lexington Park, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

Judged:

gooneygoogoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I should.
I would certainly reveal the facts to the ignorant.
They would never beleive me because it is just so much fun to blame a Southerner(read whiteman)for all of black America's societal ills.
After all.....the white man imports the cocaine so blacks can be hooked....the Koreans run all liquor stores so the blacks can be drunks.....
Blah,blah,blah. There are white drunks and crackheads too.
Gooney, do you chose to do crack or drink? Your choice, no one hooked anyone on crack...it was their individual choice to do it. So if you’re going to be a History Teacher than be one, literally get a degree and become a high school teacher, teach the youth of today, save a young life, teach them right from wrong. Stop being a racist poser, your better than that.
gooneygoogoo

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

Judged:

CONTROL wrote:
<quoted text>
Gooney, do you chose to do crack or drink? Your choice, no one hooked anyone on crack...it was their individual choice to do it. So if you’re going to be a History Teacher than be one, literally get a degree and become a high school teacher, teach the youth of today, save a young life, teach them right from wrong. Stop being a racist poser, your better than that.
Umm, and you still don't prove how "honest abe" was a freind to the black man. You compassionate and ignorant whites fall for this all the time. He didn't care about any black people.
Wayne

Williamsburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2008

Yea your right, He cared about all people. You spread hate from post to post. Why don't you go mentor some of these Black kids with no daddy and try to give them a future without white taxpayers money!!!!!!!!!!
gooneygoogoo

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2008

Judged:

Wayne wrote:
Yea your right, He cared about all people. You spread hate from post to post. Why don't you go mentor some of these Black kids with no daddy and try to give them a future without white taxpayers money!!!!!!!!!!
What for?? So they can come work at your fastfood restaraunt? So they can cut your grass? Blacks make the world go 'round and the mexicans and indians can't do a thing about it. You put us in this situation in the first place. Look at how many white men want to impregnate black women.
ENOUGH

Lexington Park, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Judged:

gooneygoogoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What for?? So they can come work at your fastfood restaraunt? So they can cut your grass? Blacks make the world go 'round and the mexicans and indians can't do a thing about it. You put us in this situation in the first place. Look at how many white men want to impregnate black women.
PEOPLE MAKE THE WORLD GO AROUND, YOU DO NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN ABOUT PEOPLE WHOLE LIVE IN THE WORLD. STIRRING UP HATE AND DISCONTENT. YOUR NOTHING GOONEY, BUT AN HATE-MONGER...YOU ENJOY CAUSING HATE AND DISCONTENT AMONG EVERYONE. I'VE BEEN READING EACH OF YOUR REPLIES AND COMMENTS ON THIS SITE, YOU ENJOY CAUSING HATE AMONG PEOPLE. DOES IT GET YOUR ROCKS OFF. I'LL BET IT DOES, YOUR SICK! LIVING BEHIND YOUR LITTLE COMPUTER, A BLACK NERD WHO WAS BEAT UP BY WHITE KIDS IN HIGH SCHOOL, AND NOW YOU HATE EVERYONE. SOME ANTAGONIST, YOU NOTHING, BUT A COWARD...AND THAT'S ALL YOU EVER WILL BE.
HOMIE

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Judged:

the Election is over!! All white folks must report to the cotton fields at 7 AM for orientation.
Free Jack

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Judged:

HOMIE wrote:
the Election is over!! All white folks must report to the cotton fields at 7 AM for orientation.
If you report to the Whitehouse for your handout. Beside's someone has to do the work around here.
gooneygoogoo

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Judged:

Free Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
If you report to the Whitehouse for your handout. Beside's someone has to do the work around here.
I'm pretty sure we have done that for 400 years or more. What is it that inflames the flannel wearing citizens??

This is a victory for blacks who have been waiting for years. This triumph says we are capable and want what is rightfully ours.

Now, there will be white maids in washington.

Is this what upsets the racists on this forum.

WATERMELON AND FRIED CHICKEN JOKES are not welcome.
Free Jack

Lexington Park, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

Judged:

gooneygoogoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure we have done that for 400 years or more. What is it that inflames the flannel wearing citizens??
This is a victory for blacks who have been waiting for years. This triumph says we are capable and want what is rightfully ours.
Now, there will be white maids in washington.
Is this what upsets the racists on this forum.
WATERMELON AND FRIED CHICKEN JOKES are not welcome.
No, but crying liberal whiny minorities are welcome and if they happen to have watermelon or fried chicken so be it, I'm hungry.
FRANK

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

Tim Kaine said Old Virginny is dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smell 2 hr jkkk 5
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 6 hr VN Vet 11,626
Debate: Marijuana - Richmond, VA (Aug '10) Fri Ethan Dotson 113
Taylor Wind Set (Jan '11) Thu ann ashby 282
Bill Rovi, unlicensed & uninsured contractor co... Aug 20 question 7
Confederate flag stirs patriotic Va. retort (Sep '13) Aug 18 VN Vet 38
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546

Search the Chesterfield Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Chesterfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chesterfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••