Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Judged:

1. What makes the average cna in the LTC setting so lazy when the management leaves for the evening?
2. Why are the nurses afraid to address issues to them or the management like, "Where are all the CNAs off the floor at one time and all the call bells ringing unanswered, only to go to the Break Room and find them devouring a bucket of KFC and a couple of large pizza, washing it down with a two liter bottle of Cola, when one of them is to be on the floor answering bells, feeding and cleaning, amongst other assigned duties.
3. Why do they not have the guts to do it right in the front of the management and wait until the management leaves for the day to screw off and do nothing, hiding in the Residents room, the dinner tray unserved while they watch reruns of The Beverly Hillbillies.
RN WONDERING

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Judged:

4. Why do the management tolerate this behavior when it is apparent by the MDS, providing that nurse is, in reality doing their job satisfactorily, is aware of the increase in the acuity of the Resident. Then the blame for the fall or other injury falls on the charge, and not the CNA, who is deliberately delinquent in their behaviors, not caring for the ones that they are assigned to care for.
5. Why does the corporate not make the LTC facility a primary care setting. Myself, having had to, on many occasions, seek and search for the CNA, only to find them outside smoking, write them up for all having been off the floor during peak periods, giving it to the DON, and nothing done to alleviate the ongoing issue at hand? Why, answer me that CNA!!?
6. Why, DON, ADON, Administrator, do you put up with this behavior, knowing that it drives up costs, aggravates the Doctor and the Residents families, give some sorry platitude for the incident, placing the blame on the charge nurse, knowing that their med passes are so heavy that they cannot accurately watch these indolent pieces of protoplasm misuse corporate monies on their pay, forcing the Resident to pay more.
7. Why, in the face of this behavior pattern, do you even bother to employ other disciplines, such as therapists and rehab people to do a five minute rehab session and know that any possible positive effects will be gone by the sundown. Why?
8. It is a sorry state of affairs when, due to the lack of accountability, hang the poor hardworking nurse out to dry for the inattention of the morbidly obese CNA, who, with only one Hoyer lift in the house makes the resident sit in an uncomfortable wheelchair all the day long, because they choose not to work as a team. Is this not supposed to be a team approach you employ,
Conclusion for the day:
A. The job of the ADON should be an afternoon job and have the authority to put the ineffective employee out on the street for three days, then come back and see what changes in behavior can be made in order for them to keep their job.
B, MDS nurse ought to make thorough examinations of the Residents each and every week, including weights and vitals, with a thorough assessment of all pressure areas, Instead of just paper whipping the weekly's for the benefit of the facility????
P-Burger

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

I have seen the likes of some of the nursing homes workers at the off hours working, or better stated not working, and I will die at home, at least i would not starve to death or be over-medicated to death or neglected to death. I shudder to think to be stuck in some place where this sort of thing happens.
RN WONDERING

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

I think there might be a few places where one might be taken proper care of but when you have the likes of some obese, loud mouthed, parasitic racist taking no care for you, you are in big trouble a third of the day, because it is usually on 3-11 shift that these indignant want to be CNAs work.
wow

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

RN WONDERING wrote:
I think there might be a few places where one might be taken proper care of but when you have the likes of some obese, loud mouthed, parasitic racist taking no care for you, you are in big trouble a third of the day, because it is usually on 3-11 shift that these indignant want to be CNAs work.
That's quite a bit of anger.

It has more to do with how the State runs it's healthcare infrastructure than the people whom are eligible to man those positions. I don't know about you nor what you would do for half of a living wage but you'll find very few people that actually give 200% on any job.

When a person has to give 200% on a job, someone isn't doing theie part. CNA's spend the most time with a resident, followed by a med tech or an LPN, then a RN. The more time involved, the lesser the pay.

As far as racism is concerned, we'll have to leave that blame to someone else, for the moment. I consistently say, " Until the premise of anger is dissolved from the American Traditional Reasoning Process, living with it is the best that will happen.

You've developed a racist quality of your own, in an area where the demographics expose you to more of a particular race that happens not to be your own. Maybe, you grew up here or are a transplant; either way, there are areas in the U.S, where you can be around more of your own kind. But you've made a decision to live here for whatever reasons.

Secondly and most importantly, noone wants to be the first to think on the premise of some other grounds besides "anger". The residents themselves are probably more disrespectful because of the era that they grew up in. America's traditional usage of racism as a means of control, superiority and discrimination is still alive and well, in most people 40 and older by direct exposure. Then with their children by being taught by the American Education System of the greatnesses accomplished under those now, illegal, unjust and immoral acts.

It's hard to not assume that the current inhabitants aren't in agreement with those ways; they constantly reminisce about them, pride is associated with it and lastly, maybe not all but a few base their opinions of others under those same guidelines. They're not human, half of what we are and so forth and so on.

The State sells those jobs to the poor, they're really the only people whom can afford to work for that small amount. The State is the culprit in most every avenue of misfortune that befalls it's constituents. Why you may ask? It's about controlling the rate of growth of a society.

You asked a question, you weren't looking for an answer because you already had one. You just wanted someone else to interject an opinion before you gave yours, no matter how obtuse nor asinine it happened to be. I'm not saying you're stupid but simply ignorant. Stupid can't be changed but ignorance can with knowledge and sometimes, a little bit of understanding is needed as well.

Now, as to the eating disorder. Everyone wants to be capable of making a decision. Most people are left with deciding what to eat as the biggest selection that they'll have in their lives. They may not associate with others on too many fronts but food and selection is something they can come to terms on. Dysfunctional families often find commonground around holidays; I guess that's why the government felt it pertinent to establish federal and state holidays in an effort to resolidify the family infrastructure as the nation expanded.

You didn't enquire as to how to repair what you deem as a problem, so I won't address that at this time. A degree and qualifications to do certain jobs doesn't mean that you're qualified to think nor solve seemingly complex equations. As an RN, you've been exposed to subjects that could lead you to develop those skills; application of PROBS & STATS is way more than memorizing a few equations and formulas. This goes back to how Americans are educated or not educated.
wondering about wow

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

1. You speak of the state. The state did not fill out their applications. You speak of 200%, the requirements are a 1/2 hour lunch and 2 ten minute breaks. The rest of the time the requirements are that you work in accordance with policy and hopefully take pride in your work, you mention neither.CNA spends time doing two rounds instead of 4, LPN spends the most on the med cart and all work under the license of the RN. Then you bring in racism, I speak of quality of care. Then you speak of disrespectful Residents, note that the workers are there for the resident not vise versa. Wrong again pal, the state did not fill out the applications, the applicant did. Obviously you never heard the lamentations of the Residents or you would not be so obtuse. I agree the American educational system is a paltry representation of what it should be and statistics prove this p-burg ranks lowest, wrong again, buddy. At least you have said one truth that the parents teach the children and seemingly, in your case, it was racial. You are once again right when you say ignorance can be changed with knowledge but obviously you have not hurtled the ignorant barrier. The eating is not a disorder, misinformed one, it is a sickness, rampant with in certain subcultures and the lower intelligent quotient individuals, in all probability, like you. Understanding is a trait that is learned by exposure to what is right compared to the workings of wrong, you are so off base, not stupid, just unenlightened. Then throwing in Holidays and the eating disorders, it must be a daily holiday for the some whom have double the body fat of the ideal, did you not mention yourself, in this equation, because you seem to mention holidays?
REPARATION? You work within the guidelines of the assignment sheet made out by the RN because they have the greatest amount of responsibility and understanding to see the needs met by the workers that they have. In case you are still in the dark, pal, when one CNA goes to the other to demean, while away the time, hide, eat out of turn, not take responsibility for the assigned task, instead making the RN look for them and then indignantly speak to the Resident population, that, wow, is what happens. It is obvious you have never done dressing changes, residents who were not turned and repositioned pressure sores uneaten meals due to inattention by the CNA you so ardently defend, therewith you think the RN does not spend the most time with the Resident. Way off base pal. Nosocomial infections are the number one cause of extended stay second to the stasis ulcerations resultant of the indolent CNA, and for your information, color notwithstanding.
Before you show your true color and I.Q. in this arena against me, wow, perhaps you might want to start out by thinking through your thoughts with the real ideals compared to the verbose utterings of an uninformed individual looking to put their dull self into an arena in which they are not qualified to address.
It is obvious, you are a visitor or some mediocre number cruncher that visits from time to time and never even pulled back a sheet, unplugged a g-tube, marked the patients diaper with a magic marker to see, if indeed they had been turned, checked the Resident for dehydration, etc. etc. all the duties incumbent upon the duties of the CNA. Seems better for you to stay behind the forklift or the desk and simply continue to visit and look but not see. Try to tred in my footsteps and see what the real deal is before you spout off at the mouth with nothing but hot air. keep racial and anger issues to yourself, as you seem to dwell and reinforce your pallid attempt at argumentative reprisal with them. They not only show you to be a racist, but a "pented up anger retentive " person who is out of their league.
Slurpee Summit

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2011

Judged:

Thought I responded to this, guess not.

Whatever I said must have been too much of the truth for the public to stomach.

Professional Butt Wipers are valuable to family members whom don't want the responsibility. In the future, don't go crying to the moderator, use those pen ringing calloused hands for something other than silencing an opinion.

I sort of remember exactly what I said, you're lucky that I'm about to commute, chump.
The German Jew

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2011

Slurpee Summit wrote:
Professional Butt Wipers are valuable to family members whom don't want the responsibility. In the future, don't go crying to the moderator, use those pen ringing calloused hands for something other than silencing an opinion.
I sort of remember exactly what I said, you're lucky that I'm about to commute, chump.
keep your reply to someone who cares chump
The German Jew

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2011

professional butt wipers. ha ha, come on over i have some Kleenex to clean the donuts crumbs off your mouth. seems to me that is where you keep your butt. ha ha. clowns like you are a dime a dozen. you really are starting to make me laugh. walking around in a daze haha
The German Jew

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2011

oh, and the luck that you are about to communicate sort of sounds like a threat, you have not the where with all to threaten me in person fat clown with a big mouth ha ha, i out class you in every thing but your big mouth
The German Jew

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2011

did you say you were a Chimp?????ha
Slurpee Summit

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

Anger? Concealed Weapon Permit, buddy. I'd say whatever I felt like saying, whenever I felt like saying it and to whomever I felt like saying it to. I, also, have money for an attorney as well as bail not bond; I'll get my money back, when I beat the charge of voluntary manslaughter.

Umbrella Insurance for when your family feels that you were unjustly erased. Unlike yourself, I'm the type of person who doesn't have car insurance, will drive drunk, kill a family of four, pay all associated costs in cash and be at work the next; because I was wearing an 8 point seat belt and a helmet.

You'd rather put you car in drive, lay your head in front of the wheel and let it slowly squish your brains through the orifices in head than think about being confrontational with the likes of me.

In my younger days, if we had a problem, I'd solicit your old lady, screw her and tell you about it just to give you a little motivation to perform better. Threats of violence doesn't bother me; been there, done that. I laugh at your existence.
Go-Wanda

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Slurpee Summit wrote:
Anger? Concealed Weapon Permit, buddy. I'd say whatever I felt like saying, whenever I felt like saying it and to whomever I felt like saying it to. I, also, have money for an attorney as well as bail not bond; I'll get my money back, when I beat the charge of voluntary manslaughter.
Umbrella Insurance for when your family feels that you were unjustly erased. Unlike yourself, I'm the type of person who doesn't have car insurance, will drive drunk, kill a family of four, pay all associated costs in cash and be at work the next; because I was wearing an 8 point seat belt and a helmet.
You'd rather put you car in drive, lay your head in front of the wheel and let it slowly squish your brains through the orifices in head than think about being confrontational with the likes of me.
In my younger days, if we had a problem, I'd solicit your old lady, screw her and tell you about it just to give you a little motivation to perform better. Threats of violence doesn't bother me; been there, done that. I laugh at your existence.

big words from a little chu-imp
Slurpee Summit

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Go-Wanda wrote:
<quoted text>
big words from a little chu-imp
Voice of Reality or should I call you, "Multiple Personality Disorder" ?

It must have taken everything you had to keep your manure that long...Finally, I understand your anger...LMAO. You still have time to better yourself. Only thing I dislike about you is your being young and I won't be reading your obit, unless you just happen to put an AIDS infested penis in your mouth; you're too poor to have a gun. I will loan you one...:)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Voice, now you can find me whenever you need to. Account is attached to my 24 hours a day monitored messaging.
wondering about go wanda

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Slurpee Summit wrote:
<quoted text> Voice of Reality or should I call you, "Multiple Personality Disorder" ?
It must have taken everything you had to keep your manure that long...Finally, I understand your anger...LMAO. You still have time to better yourself. Only thing I dislike about you is your being young and I won't be reading your obit, unless you just happen to put an AIDS infested penis in your mouth; you're too poor to have a gun. I will loan you one...:)
the one who talks about a penis in their mouth is usually the one who has it in their mouth, haha you are such a blow hard. i thought you had something going on there but the fact you come out of the gutter with some stuff like that. it would be a riot to work you over, as i am much older than you it might just send you to your punk daddy haha
Go-Wanda

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Slurpee Summit wrote:
Big talk
Go-Wanda

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Slurpee Summit wrote:
Oh I forgot, you need a weapons permit, what ? hands to slow? feet too slow? stomach too big? Diabetes got you down? Don't let you mouth overload your butt-head haha
Go-Wanda

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Slurpee Summit wrote:
You really are a blowhard
wondering about go wanda

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, for your edification, this is my first post on this subject. You call me poor? It is you who lives in the old section (read that poor section) of Colonial Heights. It is you who walks to the 7-11 every morning for your biscuit and in the evening for your over priced six pack. Actually I live near the current High School and not the former High School, like you.
Now, as for guns, at the present time I have 18 guns and two reloaders. Two Marlin 1894 Levers, Two Winchester model 73s and four shotguns, two SxS and two model 97 pumps. I have ten handguns to include three old model Ruger Vaqueros, two new model Vaqueros and Two Blackhawks. I also have three Ruger GP 100s.
I reload metalic rounds on a Dillon 550 and 12 gauge on a MEC

single action setup. Now as for ammo, over 7,000 rounds of

combined metalic and 12 guage. My favorite metalic cartridge is a 357 loaded with Winchester 2400 Powder with a federal small magnum primer and a `158 grain RNFP bullet. My favorite 12 guage is loaded with Clays powder and number 8 shot all the way to 00 shot.
Oh I almost forgot, I use Winchester 209 Primers in the 12 guage shells, mostly green remington shells.
See, little man, I do not think that I need some poor bastard living on the wrong side of the tracks in Colonial Heights to loan me a gun.
well said, I have a brown belt haing turned down a black, was a member of red patch before they became delta and do not need a gun as i use a knife and boomerangs. I always thought that one who threatens with a gun is a coward, not to own but to threaten, because they do not have the discipline it takes to tool up with their hands

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 3 hr WelbyMD 11,601
Taylor Wind Set (Jan '11) 17 hr funny 279
Bill Rovi, unlicensed & uninsured contractor co... Wed question 7
Confederate flag stirs patriotic Va. retort (Sep '13) Mon VN Vet 38
Smell Mon Billy Bob 3
need a sexting partner (Nov '13) Aug 18 Rose 19
Gay Marriages May Begin In Virginia Next Week, ... Aug 15 Yankee 14

Search the Chesterfield Forum:
•••
•••