Chesterfield Student Hit By Car While Raising Money For Charity - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

A 16-year old Chesterfield girl was struck by a car Saturday as she tried to raise money for the Junior Olympics.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4

“Common sense aint that common.”

Since: Jan 10

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Judged:

I'm thankful the young girl is now in stable condition and hope she recovers quickly. My heart goes out to her family; I'd like to wish them much peace right now.
lynne153

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Judged:

i pray this young girl will recover from her injuries and be ok. my question about this is..."was there an adult with her and is this even something that is allowed to be done"?? if she was only 16, from meadowbrook and in petersburg i'm thinking she wasn't alone. i find it hard to believe that these people that walk up to cars at stoplights collecting money are even allowed to do that.

maybe they are but it seems like a very dangerous thing to do. not only from a traffic standpoint but you do not know whose car you are walking up to. doesn't seem like a safe thing to do to me.
No Kidding

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Judged:

I see HS kids conducting car washes and holding their signs up on the shoulder and in the medium of major roads around the area. All it takes is one cell phone texting driver and the pedestrian will lose everytime. Parents, don't let your kids hang out around traffic, it's way too dangerous. Hope she fully recovers.
R B Moffett

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

This accident is an excellent example of why laws should be enacted and enforced to prohibit solicitations for any purpose, by anyone, from the median or roadside. Continued allowing of these solicitations perpetuates an unnecessarily dangerous situation in which solicitors and motorists are placed at risk - in addition to injuries to solicitors, one can imagine that the motorist who strikes them may be subject to possible charges whether at fault or not.

The solution is simple: absolutely prohibit all solicitation from the roadside or median - with no exceptions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chesterfield Discussions

Search the Chesterfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 1 hr scirocco 11,438
Marriages destroyed by SSRI's/SNRIs - ANTIDEPRE... (Sep '08) 11 hr btd 6
Family and couples nudist resort events 16 hr Tom Yarrington 4
Battle Flag Mon VN Vet 2
Does anyone know the Local Pedophile Mike Dicki... Mon Jenny 1
richmond dmv driving route Sun New driver 1
Bill Rovi, unlicensed & uninsured contractor co... Jul 19 Buddy Mitchell 4
•••
•••