VA Abortion Clinic Regulations Get Fi...

VA Abortion Clinic Regulations Get Final Approval

There are 247 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Apr 10, 2013, titled VA Abortion Clinic Regulations Get Final Approval. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Virginia Board of Health has given final approval to strict new regulations that abortion-rights supporters claim would force most of Virginia's 20 abortion clinics to close.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

real central Va Marine

Crozet, VA

#180 Apr 17, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I think these guys are programmed by either the same kind of backward male family members or church/religion to believe women are "missing out." They want to believe such nonsense because they can't handle the REAL truth...that many women are delighted to be WITHOUT THEM.
Why any woman would voluntarily date or marry a guy who believe the "women should be submissive" B.S. is beyond me. MANY years ago, I had a couple of dates with a guy who, as it turned out, DID believe in the whole woman submission thing (he didn't say anything about his true mindset on the first date, but wouldn't shut up about it on the second). He was HISTORY by the end of the evening, and I was glad to be rid of him.
If you had a clue and got out more, you would know that many "conservative" men AND women have a spouse who is a strong willed, confident individual, not the put upon, "submissive woman" your mom must have been. The buffoon you dated shows you why he is still in the pool and calls into question your ability to judge character before the first date. I direct you to check out Chris Dumler. He is neither a conservative nor "church goer" as you seem to think "these guys" are.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#181 Apr 17, 2013
Its strictly a womens issue, surely not a jar heads.
real central Va Marine

Crozet, VA

#182 Apr 17, 2013
sez you wrote:
Its strictly a womens issue, surely not a jar heads.
How do you know this "jarhead" is not a woman? We DO have women marines, and they are much smarter than you.
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#183 Apr 17, 2013
How many aborted fetuses would have ended up being recipients of social entitlements? Then most pro-choicers would be screaming don't have kids if you can't take care of them.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#184 Apr 17, 2013
real central Va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know this "jarhead" is not a woman?
It's OK, I knew it all along.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#185 Apr 17, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
How many aborted fetuses would have ended up being recipients of social entitlements? Then most pro-choicers would be screaming don't have kids if you can't take care of them.
It's the dilemma not confronted by social conservatives. They're pro-life except when it comes to supporting it. Sorry, can't afford it now.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#186 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>How do you know this "jarhead" is not a woman? We DO have women marines, and they are much smarter than you.
Your a curse to your uniform. Besides you weren't trained to think, you were trained to die, a necessary evil. Expendable. You time is over, we don't need your likes any more, thank goodness. Go polish your (guns).
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#187 Apr 17, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the dilemma not confronted by social conservatives. They're pro-life except when it comes to supporting it. Sorry, can't afford it now.
I like to think my left wing and right wing views keep me balanced on a pinhead in the middle lol. You know I am what sez calls a gun cowboy but in this deeply divisive issue I support the right of women to make the choice. It may not always be the best choice but it is still their choice.
real central Va Marine

Crozet, VA

#188 Apr 17, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>Your a curse to your uniform. Besides you weren't trained to think, you were trained to die, a necessary evil. Expendable. You time is over, we don't need your likes any more, thank goodness. Go polish your (guns).
What uniform did you wear?
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#189 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>What uniform did you wear?
This may be an issue we disagree on but I appreciate your service to our country
real central Va Marine

Crozet, VA

#190 Apr 17, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>This may be an issue we disagree on but I appreciate your service to our country
You are most welcome, as are the others out there. I served so others can remain free and be able to disagree freely. I know it will sound trite to some, but there are people who see life that way.
real central Va Marine

Crozet, VA

#191 Apr 17, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>I like to think my left wing and right wing views keep me balanced on a pinhead in the middle lol. You know I am what sez calls a gun cowboy but in this deeply divisive issue I support the right of women to make the choice. It may not always be the best choice but it is still their choice.
You basically sound like an independent voter, who can't be pinned down to either party. Most of us are like that as well. Do we (you and I) disagree on abortion, or the regulation of the clinics that perform them? I would think it is the latter, As women have always had "the choice". I see aborting being used mainly as a way of avoiding responsibility and convenience, because those are the situations I lived through as a young adult with friends and family members. Not rape victims and incest, as the left like to so often state is reason for keeping abortion readily available. I saw the "woman" being the only one with any say in the matter, wreck relationships and destroy families. Nothing good ever came from it.
I see no need for a gun in my house at the present time, but don't think the government needs to begin impinging on the constitution in a knee jerk reaction to a tragedy. Are we going to outlaw pressure cookers and knives too? All three are tools...when do we start working on the problem, not the tools/instrument?
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#192 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>You basically sound like an independent voter, who can't be pinned down to either party. Most of us are like that as well. Do we (you and I) disagree on abortion, or the regulation of the clinics that perform them? I would think it is the latter, As women have always had "the choice". I see aborting being used mainly as a way of avoiding responsibility and convenience, because those are the situations I lived through as a young adult with friends and family members. Not rape victims and incest, as the left like to so often state is reason for keeping abortion readily available. I saw the "woman" being the only one with any say in the matter, wreck relationships and destroy families. Nothing good ever came from it.
I see no need for a gun in my house at the present time, but don't think the government needs to begin impinging on the constitution in a knee jerk reaction to a tragedy. Are we going to outlaw pressure cookers and knives too? All three are tools...when do we start working on the problem, not the tools/instrument?
It makes it hard to have a discussion when the left only brings up cases of rape and incest and the right only brings up using it as birth control. I agree with what you say about the tools. The same people who claim 1 firearm death is to many say apples to oranges if you bring up knives, hammers even drunk driving. Look how many are killed by drunk drivers even though it is illegal. Do we ban alcohol because 1 death is to many?We don't address the underlying morality and criminal behavior behind these actions

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#193 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>Wow, your childhood must have really suckked. Is it over yet?
Did I hurt your tender feelings? GOOD!! Let me ask again:

So let me get this straight So you are OK with murdering babies that are conceived through rape or incest and the life of the mother? How about the health of the mother, would it be Ok to murder the baby? But you are not OK murdering babies if BC fails? AND you are most definitely not OK with murdering babies that are the result of slutty behavior? Do I have this right? Slutty people should be punished with parenthood?

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#194 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text> I see aborting being used mainly as a way of avoiding responsibility and convenience, because those are the situations I lived through as a young adult with friends and family members. Not rape victims and incest, as the left like to so often state is reason for keeping abortion readily available. I saw the "woman" being the only one with any say in the matter, wreck relationships and destroy families. Nothing good ever came from it.
Dogonit!! You just have so many opinions and no reasoning or logic to back them up with. A perfect opportunity to ask you AGAIN, I will change it a little and see if it helps:

So let me get this straight So you are OK with murdering babies that are conceived through rape or incest and the life of the mother? How about the health of the mother, would it be Ok to murder the baby? But you are not OK murderingbabies if BC fails? AND you are most definitely not OK with murdering babies that are the result of irresponsible behavior? Do I have this right? Irresponsible people should be punished with parenthood?

OH...and one more question. Just exactly who are you implying should have a say about a pregnancy other than the woman herself, and to what level?
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#195 Apr 17, 2013
Another conundrum, we pontificate about stances on abortion but don't bat on eye when we bomb innocent women and children in other countries. Something wrong with that picture too.
Ocean56

AOL

#196 Apr 18, 2013
What new name are you going to go by next. Are you "pro-choice, or pro-abortion? I'm anti abortion, not antichoicer, as you state. You've always had the "choice", but chose to take the lazy way out and then deny responsibility for your actions.
No, goofy, I think I stated it right, you are anti-choice. Why? Because you appear to want women to have only ONE "option," to gestate and give birth, which would be the case if abortion were ever made illegal. That's really NO CHOICE at all. So, if you don't like "anti-choice," I'll use "no-choice" instead.

It's obvious to me that you want to see women PUNISHED for having consensual sex by being forced to gestate unwanted pregnancies, especially if these women aren't married. You're just pissed that women AREN'T forced to do so. Too bleeping bad. Whether a woman continues a pregnancy or not ISN'T up to you.
Ocean56

AOL

#197 Apr 18, 2013
As women have always had "the choice". I see aborting being used mainly as a way of avoiding responsibility and convenience, because those are the situations I lived through as a young adult with friends and family members. Not rape victims and incest, as the left like to so often state is reason for keeping abortion readily available. I saw the "woman" being the only one with any say in the matter, wreck relationships and destroy families. Nothing good ever came from it.
So, to reiterate Morgana's question, which you appear to have AVOIDED answering so far, do you really believe that "irresponsible women" (in your narrow mind) should be punished with forced gestation and motherhood? A simple yes or no answer will be enough.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#198 Apr 18, 2013
sez you wrote:
Another conundrum, we pontificate about stances on abortion but don't bat on eye when we bomb innocent women and children in other countries. Something wrong with that picture too.
Well yes, that is different when profit (oil) is at risk, and here at home they need more "people" capital to fill the military ranks.

But a woman/girl considering her future should have no other choice than to consider the future of others, or potential others, that is her only worth.

If you look at this debate from the aspect of "it isn't about women" and the value put on the zygote/embryo/fetus while devaluing the woman/girl as a mere bystander it is very clear that women are of no importance and are "expected not respected". BYgod they want to keep that way! I mean after all if they had to put their money where their mouth/morals are they just might have to pass law for paid maternity leave at the least, and even that sparks a firestorm of a debate. Why give women any credit....even a paid sick leave for the "miracle of birth"....which of course "isn't about her"?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#199 Apr 18, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>It makes it hard to have a discussion when the left only brings up cases of rape and incest and the right only brings up using it as birth control. I agree with what you say about the tools. The same people who claim 1 firearm death is to many say apples to oranges if you bring up knives, hammers even drunk driving. Look how many are killed by drunk drivers even though it is illegal. Do we ban alcohol because 1 death is to many?We don't address the underlying morality and criminal behavior behind these actions
So you're saying Lanza would have used a knife, or hammer or drunk a sixer then crashed his car through the school entrance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Aim 4Fitness 19 hr Erika 36
News In tobacco-loving Va., bars to quit cold-turkey... (Nov '09) 19 hr martin garey 28
Hillary Ignored Pleas Wed VN Vet 6
News Ukropa s future: Open Sundays, alcohol sales af... (Dec '09) Jun 22 martin garey 12
More Reason to Lawfully Remove Obama from Office Jun 17 Concerned Citizen 1
Thriller Book Store (Aug '12) Jun 16 smoothie243 35
Joe King Danville Jun 13 Kathy King 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterfield Mortgages