VA Abortion Clinic Regulations Get Fi...

VA Abortion Clinic Regulations Get Final Approval

There are 247 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Apr 10, 2013, titled VA Abortion Clinic Regulations Get Final Approval. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Virginia Board of Health has given final approval to strict new regulations that abortion-rights supporters claim would force most of Virginia's 20 abortion clinics to close.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Apr 12, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
"How Does Plan B® Work?
Plan B®(levonorgestrel) may prevent pregnancy by temporarily stopping the release of an egg from a woman's ovary, or it may prevent fertilization. It may also prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus. "
http://www.morningafterpill.org/how-does-it-w...
plan B could be considered 'abortion' since can still effective on a fertilized egg
heck, even the tho
Yeah, plus I heard they can shut that whole thing down ...
Chuck

Ruckersville, VA

#23 Apr 12, 2013
Isn't it interesting, that the same people who insist that aborting an unwanted child is acceptable would probably raise such a stink if we did the same to cats and dogs?

I wonder what the aborted babies would say if they could talk? I sincerely doubt if they would express their approval.
Miguel

Ruckersville, VA

#24 Apr 12, 2013
I would like to know what is wrong with requiring Abortion CLINICS to adhere to the same standards as a regular clinic?

Or do they think that they should only have to meet the same standards as Butcher Shops?
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Apr 12, 2013
Mr-Butcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, to suffer or to die....
Which is better?:
(a) To be born unwanted and in poverty with very few prospects for your future and a horrid family life,
or
(b) To never be born, to be killed and never have a chance.
That is essentially what you are saying, it is better to die and never have a chance than it is to suffer. You might want to rethink that...
Acknowledging a perplexing and vexing cultural problem for what is and not hiding behind banalities and bromides is the first step towards deeper understanding.
Killing babies is never a rational answer to anything.
You righties only care about the unborn ..once they are born, you don't care if they have health insurance, food, a good education, or care if they are neutralized with semi auto assault rifles. So stop all your phony righteous BS.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#26 Apr 12, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
so conception is immaterial to you?
I understand that your ability to read and understand what you read is rather limited, however, I did think that you would recognize a very limited and narrow answer to a rather limited and narrow question was not about being a door to enter the room of conception and pre conception. My statement is that neither an egg or a sperm is a human until conception, ergo, the morning after pill would NOT be a form of abortion.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#27 Apr 12, 2013
Here's the thing, male pigs should not have a say on this issue AT ALL. Let women decide, period. Men really don't have a very good track record of parenting, they love to judge but hate to change diapers.

Since: Oct 12

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Apr 12, 2013
Gnu wrote:
<quoted text>
You righties only care about the unborn ..once they are born, you don't care if they have health insurance, food, a good education, or care if they are neutralized with semi auto assault rifles. So stop all your phony righteous BS.
Oh, and you Leftists care about education, food, health and life??

Bwhahahhaha

Only if you control ever aspect of them!

Ha!

thanks for the laugh
--------
In case you haven't noticed yet, life is hard and is a struggle. Nothing is for certain. IT is only getting worse.

The ethics of Abortion are what I was casting a light on.

You reveal your ignorance too easily.

Killing children in a classroom is different from killing children in a womb, how?
----------
ponder that....

Charlottesville, VA

#29 Apr 12, 2013
sez you wrote:
Here's the thing, male pigs should not have a say on this issue AT ALL. Let women decide, period. Men really don't have a very good track record of parenting, they love to judge but hate to change diapers.
You sound like a Mitlaüfer.

Not wanting to change diapers is not a reason to kill a human being.

If you want Cultural Revolution lets have Cultural Revolution!

Let's have millions of children born into a culture and families that don't want them, let them find their way, much like the illegal immigrants currently trying to make their way into our world are doing.

They want life and an opportunity!

Give ALL babies a life and an opportunity, too!

We'll just print money and make social-programs for them......

idiots.
Ocean56

AOL

#30 Apr 13, 2013
The Truth wrote:
The BIG problem with your argument is that less than 1% of the women using abortion clinics have been raped, it is used more as birth control. If a woman gets raped there is a morning after pill that can be taken.
In case you didn't get the word, ALL methods of birth control can and DO fail occasionally, no matter what the anti-choice side claims. When a woman's BC fails and an unwanted pregnancy results, the ONLY person who makes the decision whether or not to continue the pregnancy is the WOMAN who is pregnant.

This kind of extreme regulation is what happens when a state has both an anti-choice Governor and Attorney General in control of the state. The Republican war on women is going strong in these red states.
Ocean56

AOL

#31 Apr 13, 2013
The Truth wrote:
The BIG problem with your argument is that less than 1% of the women using abortion clinics have been raped, it is used more as birth control. If a woman gets raped there is a morning after pill that can be taken.
The big problem with YOUR argument is that many anti-choice extremists in state legislatures see the morning-after pill as a form of abortion and will target the MAP as a product to be banned next.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if McDonnell and Cuccinelli make the MAP and other forms of contraception they don't like the next thing they try and deny access to.
Ocean56

AOL

#32 Apr 13, 2013
Mr-Butcher wrote:
You sound like a Mitlaüfer. Not wanting to change diapers is not a reason to kill a human being.
Women have the same right NOT to have children as they do to be mothers, in case you weren't aware of it. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens.

The problem is that there are Republican anti-choice extremists in state legislatures who have archaic beliefs concerning women. Those backward beliefs motivate them to deny access to contraception as well as abortion, so it should come as no surprise when these bozos go after the MAP or other forms of birth control next.
Ocean56

AOL

#33 Apr 13, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
My statement is that neither an egg or a sperm is a human until conception, ergo, the morning after pill would NOT be a form of abortion.
Okay, now tell THAT to a Republican conservative religious extremist who thinks ALL forms of contraception are "a form of abortion." I seriously believe that VA's Governor and AG believe precisely that.
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#34 Apr 13, 2013
Miguel wrote:
I would like to know what is wrong with requiring Abortion CLINICS to adhere to the same standards as a regular clinic?
Or do they think that they should only have to meet the same standards as Butcher Shops?
Great question; ask Mr-Butcher
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#35 Apr 13, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that your ability to read and understand what you read is rather limited, however, I did think that you would recognize a very limited and narrow answer to a rather limited and narrow question was not about being a door to enter the room of conception and pre conception. My statement is that neither an egg or a sperm is a human until conception, ergo, the morning after pill would NOT be a form of abortion.
My ability to read is limited? Please re-read my quote on page 1.
" It may also prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus. "
Here's a primer on conception for you, a video, easy to understand:

(zygote forms b4 entering uterus)

Here's another conundrum for all you nit pickers, why did the state grandfather existing hospitals when it started regulating them, but are not now doing the same in licensing existing abortion clinics and imposing onerous architectural standards.
Frank

Charlottesville, VA

#36 Apr 13, 2013
sez you wrote:
Weird, people get all hot and bothered about a womens issue and look the other way when it comes to child abuse and neglect. Christians got their priorities messed up big time, but what else is new.
what makes you think its Christians doing the child abuse and looking the other way? Educate yourself. Private and christian organizations are doing a lot more for kids than you want to admit. Oh that's right if you liberals didn't have christians to hit on you'd have to look at yourselves and see how kind and compassionate you are not.
Frank

Charlottesville, VA

#37 Apr 13, 2013
Mr-Butcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Objecting to the systematic extermination of innocent babies is a question of ethics and morality. You shouldn't try to conflate it with religion.
Been following the Kermit Gosnell trial lately? There are some really nice pictures making the rounds...Oh, that's right, there's a total national media blackout on those gruesome crimes. That should really tell you something.
The same leftist azzhats who are trying to exploit the murders of the innocent children of Sandy Hook for political gain are completely silent when it comes to abortion and the hundreds of thousands of children who die because of it every year. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS!! EVERY YEAR!!
"Women's issues", "women's rights", "reproductive rights", "pro-choice", blah blah blah. They are all euphemisms for euthanasia and nothing more. Rationalizations meant to stir deep emotions and suppress logic. That only works for so long...
Eventually the truth will come to light and the holocaust of infant murder will be seen for what it is: an abomination and a crime against humanity!
The pro-abortionists are on the wrong-side of history. Wake up.
Thanks couldn't have said it better.

Charlottesville, VA

#38 Apr 13, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Women have the same right NOT to have children as they do to be mothers, in case you weren't aware of it. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens.
The problem is that there are Republican anti-choice extremists in state legislatures who have archaic beliefs concerning women. Those backward beliefs motivate them to deny access to contraception as well as abortion, so it should come as no surprise when these bozos go after the MAP or other forms of birth control next.
Are any of you capable of sticking to the subject without deflecting?

"anti-choice extremists"??? with "archaic beliefs concerning women"...

I get the feeling that none of you have ever entertained the thought that your solipsistic views of abortion may be able to be seen by someone else from another angle in which you are not cast in a favorable light.

It must be very hard to constantly rationalize infant murder. To constantly ignore the central problem and deflect blame towards others who merely try to point out the injustice.

Shadows on the cave wall, folks, shadows on the cave wall...keep looking at them.
Frank

Charlottesville, VA

#39 Apr 13, 2013
central va marine wrote:
The pathetic banter by immature males on this site is sickening. Have any of you guys ever been inside a Planned Parenthood office? Do any of you really have any idea as to the activities that take place in these buildings, other then what Rush told you? Did any of you have a female for a mother, sister, aunt, wife? Do any of these women in your life take birth control pills?
Any of them had any ..aww what's the use. You all are going to grow up to be old white men who still want to control females. And just think, you can tell your grandsons; "why son, I voted for Coo-che -coo, and he lost. That was the point in my life when women took over and threw my ED pills in the trash. Life has not been much fun since then."
When the females take over, my hope is that males will have to have an invasive probe, to determine whether they can have an ED prescription.
Help me throw the trash out, support a Democrat.
more to come
Why don't men act responsibly, use self control.
The Truth

Portsmouth, VA

#40 Apr 13, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
My ability to read is limited? Please re-read my quote on page 1.
" It may also prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus. "
Here's a primer on conception for you, a video, easy to understand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BFrVmDgh4v4XX
(zygote forms b4 entering uterus)
Here's another conundrum for all you nit pickers, why did the state grandfather existing hospitals when it started regulating them, but are not now doing the same in licensing existing abortion clinics and imposing onerous architectural standards.
They grandfathered the existing hospitals because when the existing hospital was built it had to pass a code inspection that was the law of the day. Hospitals are not the only thing "Grandfathered", when a building code is changed in either single family, apartment or commercial areas existing buildings are grandfathered and only new buildings must meet the new codes. Oh, another thing, when an existing building has to have major repair or an addition is built, that part must meet the new codes.
How would you like it if a local, state or federal code was written that stated that all houses must be built with 2x6 studs instead of 2x4 studs as is the current code for homes. Should all existing homes in this area be made to be torn down or rebuilt with the 2x6s that would cost more than a new structure?
The Truth

Portsmouth, VA

#41 Apr 13, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
The big problem with YOUR argument is that many anti-choice extremists in state legislatures see the morning-after pill as a form of abortion and will target the MAP as a product to be banned next.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if McDonnell and Cuccinelli make the MAP and other forms of contraception they don't like the next thing they try and deny access to.
So, now your argument is about something that has NOT happened? Interesting concept with your little mind game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In tobacco-loving Va., bars to quit cold-turkey... (Nov '09) 39 min martin garey 29
Review: Aim 4Fitness Fri Erika 36
Hillary Ignored Pleas Wed VN Vet 6
News Ukropa s future: Open Sundays, alcohol sales af... (Dec '09) Jun 22 martin garey 12
More Reason to Lawfully Remove Obama from Office Jun 17 Concerned Citizen 1
Thriller Book Store (Aug '12) Jun 16 smoothie243 35
Joe King Danville Jun 13 Kathy King 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterfield Mortgages