UVA Football Recruiting on a Roll

There are 8 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Dec 16, 2010, titled UVA Football Recruiting on a Roll. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The UVA football program landed three verbal commitments to the class of 2011 Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Aaron Hutchins

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Jan 4, 2011
Who is the best OL in the 757?
Aaron Hutchins OL/DL Landstown HS Va Beach.

Aaron is a 4 year starter for Landstown.

He is also a top track athlete, throwing the shot put and discus.
A Tremendous athlete. Fast, strong, smart, versatile. Can play any where on the line.
mow

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jan 4, 2011
Must of lowered the academic requirements.
Hype

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 5, 2011
Folks, don't believe all the hype. The only thing reported that is really telling is the list of schools that offered scholarships. Check it out, none of these kids was offered by a top 10 school, and only one was looked at by a top 20 school. These guys ain't the gems the stats paint.
history buff

Richmond, VA

#4 Jan 5, 2011
Hype wrote:
Folks, don't believe all the hype. The only thing reported that is really telling is the list of schools that offered scholarships. Check it out, none of these kids was offered by a top 10 school, and only one was looked at by a top 20 school. These guys ain't the gems the stats paint.
Why so negative "Hype'?These kids chose UVA over some schools with more successful football programs than Virginia.I think it says a lot about where they see UVA's program going.
I've seen Anthony Harris play,and he is a fantastic athlete.I for one am excited about him going to play for the Hoos and I'm excited for what I believe Mike London can do for the program.Too bad you're not...probably a closet Hokie fan!
Vippiesux

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jan 5, 2011
history buff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so negative "Hype'?These kids chose UVA over some schools with more successful football programs than Virginia.I think it says a lot about where they see UVA's program going.
I've seen Anthony Harris play,and he is a fantastic athlete.I for one am excited about him going to play for the Hoos and I'm excited for what I believe Mike London can do for the program.Too bad you're not...probably a closet Hokie fan!
Closet nothing! That guy's clearly a turkey.
Hype

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 7, 2011
history buff wrote:
<quoted text>
The negativity comes from years of reading media hype about recruits, both football and basketball, who turn out to be scrubs. Case and point, the "Young Guns" of the 2010 men's basketball team. Check out the stats. Must have been cap guns they were shooting. I've seen these recruits play too. The Stonebridge kid got beat on almost every play of the championship game by smaller, faster kids. He's got potential, but very raw right now. The bottom line is the new football recruits are not game changers, and folks shouldn't get too excited yet. Granted, there are coaches out there who can turn kids around, and I hope London turns out to be one of them, but saying recruiting is "on a roll" is a bit of an overstatement.
Hype

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 7, 2011
Vippiesux wrote:
<quoted text>
Closet nothing! That guy's clearly a turkey.
Actually, I'm more of a typical UVA fan, frustrated by the years of floundering. If I was a Hokie fan, my wryting wud be ful of bad gramr and speling misstakes,
history buff

Richmond, VA

#8 Jan 7, 2011
Hype wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm more of a typical UVA fan, frustrated by the years of floundering. If I was a Hokie fan, my wryting wud be ful of bad gramr and speling misstakes,
We're just poking a little fun Hype.We're ALL frustrated with the football program over the last few years.It's been hard to be a Virginia fan,they've given us little to cheer about for years.Still,I'm looking to the future with optimism and confidence that London can do with our kids what he managed to do with "lesser athletes"at University of Richmond.It's not going to happen overnight,or in one season but I believe he can do it.Success will bring more success in recruiting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
effects of prolonged psychological harassment (Jan '11) 7 hr RMB 27
Good fishing spot In chester 11 hr New here 1
Richmond Job, decent pay, no drug test (Jun '10) Fri American 60
Taylor Wind Set (Jan '11) Fri laquesabe 291
State Worker Pay Disgraceful May 21 American 13
wondering May 18 trying new things 1
News Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) May 18 barefoot2626 12,486
More from around the web

Chesterfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE