Please help us! Apt owner charging fo...

Please help us! Apt owner charging for damages?!?!?

Posted in the Chesterfield Forum

viviennewaller11 8

Seattle, WA

#1 Nov 16, 2013
Please help us! Apt owner charging for damages?!?!?My brother moved out of an apartment that was in my mother's name. They, of course, gave notice. My mom and I helped him move out, and everything was cleaned and left in order when we turned in the keys. I myself own rental properties, so I feel confident in saying that they premises were left in satisfactory condition.
A few weeks ago, the owners called my mom saying that they were charging her $3000 because the apartment had been vandalized! They must have known that my mom was trying to buy a home, because they lady told her "and you don't want me to put this on your credit while you are trying to buy a house". My mom felt like she had no choice but to set up payment arrangements.
This is wrong-what can we do? I think we need to ask for proof of damages and a detailed bill, but what can we do? An attorney is out of the question-my mom closes on her new home in 7 weeks and needs to save money for the closing, so she can't hire one. What can we do in the meantime?
talithacordts591

Seattle, WA

#2 Nov 16, 2013
viviennewaller118 wrote:
Please help us! Apt owner charging for damages?!?!?My brother moved out of an apartment that was in my mother's name. They, of course, gave notice. My mom and I helped him move out, and everything was cleaned and left in order when we turned in the keys. I myself own rental properties, so I feel confident in saying that they premises were left in satisfactory condition.
A few weeks ago, the owners called my mom saying that they were charging her $3000 because the apartment had been vandalized! They must have known that my mom was trying to buy a home, because they lady told her "and you don't want me to put this on your credit while you are trying to buy a house". My mom felt like she had no choice but to set up payment arrangements.
This is wrong-what can we do? I think we need to ask for proof of damages and a detailed bill, but what can we do? An attorney is out of the question-my mom closes on her new home in 7 weeks and needs to save money for the closing, so she can't hire one. What can we do in the meantime?.
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump for President 19 hr VN Vet 2
Corruption / Illegal Acts by City Officials an... (Jul '10) Tue One that knows 6
Richmond area help Sep 26 movie curiosity7006 2
Swift Creek Middle School lock down today Sep 23 Concerned Parent 1
Why I Wouldn't Stand for National Anthem Sep 21 VN Vet 8
Kelly Dinelle Payne (Mar '06) Jan '16 Steve 56
Chesterfield County VA Child predators (Jul '07) Jan '16 Stay in school 55

Chesterfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterfield Mortgages