Comments
1 - 20 of 82 Comments Last updated Dec 9, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
concerned taxpayer

Cheraw, SC

#1 Aug 15, 2008
i think alot of the drugcourt program that is in chesterfield county. i know many participants in the program and have seen them turn into good people with the help of drug court councelers.
although there are five participants who are making a mockery and a joke of drugcourt program and the peoples tax dollars!
drug court participants have a no association rule that these individuals repeatedly violate (and have been caught by deputies) and the drugcourt does nothing but give them a slap on the hand! they even leave drugcourt class together. there is also a curfew and bed check rule that drugcourt does not back up and follow thru with. these are also individuals that have been repeatedly sanctioned and each time they were told this was it no more chances! these individuals have been seen repeatedly together in the community by countless people in the community and even checking into motels together, being allowed to live together, having parties and inviting other drug court participants. they are also supposed to go to church on sundays and AA meetings, these individuals have family members who are in the churches that are signing bulletines for them and not going to church. they also are having AA and NA members sign thier papers for them without names on top of the papers and they are distributing them to other participants so they do not have to go to meetings, 2 of them have started gambling and have been seen at a local poker house. these 5 have been caught violating these rules repeatedly. two of the five individuals, a male and female have repeatedly harrassed their ex's to the point of following them around to church and other area businesses harrassing them, calling making threats (a police officer was witness to a call that was made while she was making a police report) going past their house at all times of the night (that same house was broke into) and she is literally scared of the male and female.
they are using, abusing and making a joke out of the program. and have made statements that they got drugcourt under control and they run the show. they are influencing other participants in the program who are seeing these 5 get away with breaking the rules over and over to do the same. if theses people cannot follow rules in the program that are put in place to reprogram their thinking and create structure in their lives, how can you think they will make it thru 18 months and get back out into society and follow everyday rules in life and laws. these are tax dollars and state funds that are being abused.
concerned in chesterfield

Chesterfield, SC

#2 Aug 15, 2008
i know all to well about how the solicitors office just lets certain people get away with anything and sends them into "drugcourt" for 18 months and think they can be reformed. right! there has been a participant and his girlfriend (im sure everyone in the patrick area knows her as KERI HILL) that is also in drugcourt living together (and they are in violation of an association rule) in the program that has been allowed to harrass me on a daily basis and the counselers do nothing about it even though they have been told all information and givin copies of all the police reports. your right we need a change. they have their own circle and its all in who you know and how much money you have.
Bob Steele

United States

#3 Aug 15, 2008
I know what you mean, I can go and they hammer me the whole time I'm there. It seems the more you say to them, the more they let these guys do.
Bob Steele

United States

#4 Aug 15, 2008
Email me and I'll send you some other information You would be suprized at what goes on at drug court,
I know of two things right now that are probably going to bring some heat down on that program.

nauti_cal@hotmail.com
JK Ruby

United States

#5 Aug 15, 2008
Hey Bob, thanks for the info you emailed. I had a feeling this was going on there, how did you get that?
Patrick

Jefferson, SC

#6 Aug 16, 2008
i personally think that people like kerri hill thats wanted for shop lifting ,insurance fraud, and things like that are making a mockery of the drug courts and i am so mad that my tax money goes to help them when they dont want help theirselves if they dont want help i dont think you should give it to them my tax money could be going to things like lowering the county debt i think the people that run the drug courts should look deeper in than they do
Bob Steele

United States

#7 Aug 16, 2008
Patrick,

How about email me and I'll send you a document that validates what you think and more.
mary t cheraw

United States

#8 Aug 18, 2008
Bob Steele wrote:
Patrick,
How about email me and I'll send you a document that validates what you think and more.
As the Drug Court Attorney and Deputy Solicitor for Chesterfield County, I take these allegations seriously, and this morning was the first time I've ever heard of these allegations. If anyone has first-hand information that anything illegal or in violation of court rules is taking place, please call me. I'd like to meet with you. Also, please keep in mind that federal law applies and that neither I nor any of you are allowed to disclose to the public the name(s) of someone in Drug Treatment Court; the US Attorney possibly could prosecute you in federal court. However, if you have information that you wish to discuss with me about a specific person, we can do that confidentially. Please call the Solicitor's Office in Cheraw to schedule a meeting with me. Thank you. Mary T. Johnson-Lee
Marie

Cheraw, SC

#9 Aug 18, 2008
I think Drug Court around here is a joke. I have been here no longer than 3 months and i have seen how the drug court in chesterfield works. they let people there do as they like. Something has to be done more to them than a smack on the wrist.
3 Strikes and they still let them run free and not go by the rules.
GET CONTROL OF YOUR PROGRAM!!
concerned taxpayer

Cheraw, SC

#10 Aug 18, 2008
in response to mary t cheraw.
drug court has been advised of all allegations and names by quite a few people in the community and participants of the program. these select few laugh about getting away with violating rules in front of other participants and behind the counselers backs! i know quite a few of the participants that are doing really well in the program and its having a possitive impact on some of them. these few will corrupt them if they remain in the program and aloud to manipulate the program!
Kerri Hill

Chesterfield, SC

#11 Aug 18, 2008
I admit that i have broken the drug court rules. but as far as you all know, i'm not with that man(Tan) anymore...hahahaha as far as you know.....and i got the drug court staff wrapped around my little finger.
Lisa Long

Chesterfield, SC

#12 Aug 18, 2008
I agree with concerned taxpayer. there are some people in this program doing exactly what they are suppose to. but the ones they mentioned are making a joke of it.
Bob Steele

United States

#13 Aug 18, 2008
want to see some proof, email me at nauti_cal@hotmail.com and I'll send you something that will confirm what you are saying.

Bob
Mary T

United States

#14 Aug 18, 2008
concerned taxpayer wrote:
drug court has been advised of all allegations and names by quite a few people in the community and participants of the program. these select few laugh about getting away with violating rules in front of other participants and behind the counselers backs! i know quite a few of the participants that are doing really well in the program and its having a possitive impact on some of them. these few will corrupt them if they remain in the program and aloud to manipulate the program!
I really appreciate that you have tried to bring it to someone's attention. However, this is ultimately a Solicitor-run program, and if the Solicitor does not know what is going on, nothing can be done on our part to address any issues. I beg you: please call or come by the Cheraw office to discuss this with me as the Drug Court attorney. I can't do anything until you do. Again, your name WILL be confidential; you have my word as an officer of the court that I will not disclose your identity to ANYONE.
Mary T cheraw

United States

#15 Aug 18, 2008
I don't know why my name is popping up as Georgetown. My location is Cheraw, of course.
concerned taxpayer

Cheraw, SC

#16 Aug 19, 2008
YES!! i want to see some proof, email me at taxpayer08@ymail.com
Bob Steele

Cheraw, SC

#17 Aug 20, 2008
YES!! i want to see some proof, email me at taxpayer08@ymail.com
Email me at nauti_cal@hotmail.com
concerned

Cheraw, SC

#18 Aug 20, 2008
bob i have emailed u also and still have had no response back ......... taxpayer08@ymail.com
concerned

Cheraw, SC

#19 Aug 20, 2008
ive emailed you twice before and still have had no response back
taxpayer08@ymail.com
Bob Steele

Cheraw, SC

#20 Aug 20, 2008
concerned wrote:
ive emailed you twice before and still have had no response back
taxpayer08@ymail.com
nauti_cal@hotmail.com (sorry, it may have gone to my junk mail)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sun GOLDSTONE REPORT 1,149
County rounds up Snipes' rodeo signs (Jul '06) Aug 29 Heather Hood 4
Russell Chapman (Feb '14) Aug 28 sunny 2
Mosque to be built on Home Avenue Aug 3 jafar 2
Is Hartsville a good place to live ? (Apr '13) Jul '14 tYrone Mohammad J... 10
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Cheraw, SC (May '12) Jul '14 Joe 18
Nix, Janney plan spring wedding Jul '14 M Silver 1
•••
•••
•••

Chesterfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000