Parkway West wrestling coach arrested for statutory rape NEW

Jan 26, 2011 Full story: Central Newsmagazine 11

Posted 01/26/11 5:48 pm / Jason Lewis Jason Lewis, the head wrestling coach and study hall teaching assistant at Parkway West High School, on Wed., Jan.

Full Story
Jury Duty 2

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Jan 27, 2011
This does not al all surprise me. The nasty rude comments I hear from men at happy hour about what they would do to “her”(referring to random underage girls in the restaurants) sicken me. And this so-called man is married! I can’t imagine what his wife is going through.
No gray areas here

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jan 27, 2011
This young girl was 16 when this started. He was 27, a teacher, a coach, a respected member of the school community. It doesn't matter if she thinks she "consented", she is a child! Unable to give consent. He is the adult. They both knew what they were doing was wrong, but he is 100% responsible. Now the consequences of their actions are felt by all of us. She will carry this with her forever. His spouse and family must endure ridicule, speculation, hate from all around. Stay focused - Jason Lewis is at fault. Place the blame where it belongs. Do not feel sorry for him. This was his choice. He chose prison to the life he had. Devote your energies to assisting this child, her family, friends and school community to heal. Pray that this child gets the mental health support she will need to learn to cope.
Matt

Springfield, MO

#3 Jan 27, 2011
Is it legal for an 18 year old to have sex with a 16 year old?
Jury Duty 2

Jersey City, NJ

#5 Feb 16, 2011
No Matt... A 16 year old is a MINOR. An 18 year old is "considered" an adult.
Gma

United States

#6 Jun 10, 2011
Jury Duty 2 you are incorrect. That was the old law. It is now illegal for an over 21 year ok'd to have sex with a less than 14 year old.
Gma

United States

#7 Jun 10, 2011
I meant less than 17. See 566.034 of the Missouri revised statutes.
RE-TIRED

United States

#8 Jun 19, 2011
The way these young school girls act and dress no wonder they GET IT .The parents need to teach these BIMBOS to act responsibly and wait till there of age in BRAIN CELLS to use there body for a TOY .As for as blameing an ADULT for there actions, maybe some of these so called ADULTS need BRAIN replacements and then continue on with there life?
JustFacts

Columbia, MO

#9 Nov 21, 2011
15. She was 15 when it happened, and a virgin. She wore t-shirts and jeans to school everyday. She didn't ask for this.
Wondering

Cedar Hill, MO

#10 Jan 18, 2012
What is the status of this case? It's been almost a year since the charges, has any more info become available? I hope the young girl involved is receiving the help she needs to help her understand what has happened.
Anonymous

United States

#11 Jan 20, 2012
This is a sickening situation. Doesn't matter what age she was. He was a teacher, an authority figure. Not someone that should have even thought about sex w/a student. He should never be allowed around any children, not even his own, if he has any. Disgusted!
Matt

Ballwin, MO

#12 Oct 28, 2013
I'm disgusted by rape, statutory rape, child molestation, of any kind, as much as everyone is here, but Jason Lewis is INNOCENT!

Yes, he plead guilty, but that was at the advisement of his attorney so that he would serve a small sentence instead of doing 30 years because no jury would let anyone accused of this type of atrocious behavior off, regardless of the evidence!

If you look into it further, this little slut made inappropriate advances towards him and he rebuffed her, so she got mad at being rejected and decided to ruin his life by leveling these false charges against him! There's no DNA evidence, and she was not examined by a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner. It was her word against his, and with these types of accusations he had no chance with the courts because of society bias. If he had plead "not guilty" he would've served 30+ years.

The only thing you can say he's without a doubt guilty of is listening to practical yet poor advice from his attorney! But then again, if it was you in that situation, what would you have done? If it were me I would've plead "not guilty" on principle, but it would be a losing battle for sure, then again I have no wife to think about so I'd be in a better position to do that than he was in.

Talk to the people in his town about his character vs. this young girl's character, and I think you'd find that many feel the same way I do.

I think it's good we throw the book at sickos who are actually guilty of things like this, but in this case, the law failed him and an innocent man's life is ruined because of a spiteful child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 30 min Justice has LOST IT 96,851
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 1 hr Dog Man 2,612
Recipe Exchange: Recipes recall Shoney's specialty (Oct '07) Sat jackiepitt 20
jack eigles Fri ann wright 3
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Sep 12 grave digger 6,936
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... Sep 12 Silas 421
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Sep 12 Mr Smith Wesson 10,211
•••

Flood Warning for St Louis County was issued at September 14 at 8:03PM CDT

•••
•••
Chesterfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chesterfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••