Republican Bill Corrigan enters St. L...

Republican Bill Corrigan enters St. Louis County executive race

There are 1 comment on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch story from Jun 6, 2009, titled Republican Bill Corrigan enters St. Louis County executive race. In it, St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that:

Surrounded by family, friends and some key state and local Republicans, Bill Corrigan on Tuesday launched his campaign for St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Donald G Nord

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jun 8, 2009
Dear Mr. Corrigan,
We are very pleased to see someone running against Mr. Dooley. We wish the "smoking ban" in St. Louis County would be addressed also. We think since Mr. Dooley smokes that he seems to put that issue aside.
Also, I have written several Board members concerning the Real Estate Tax issue, including Mr. Dooley and got turned over to one of his assistants that told me I didn't understand the way the taxes were figured (my husband & I have only been paying them since 1987 here in Affton), so I do believe we understand how it works.
We need an elected official as Assessor and the "ENTIRE" system of the Real Estate Taxes to be reformed. My husband & I have paid into the system in Affton all this time and never had a child in the School District, yet we pay over 1/2 of our taxes (1,022.00) to the School district. We are now retired and it is putting a strain on our budget, to say the least. We should at least be able to get some sort of credit back for not having children in the district and the people with children maybe pay a little more. THE SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE MORE FAIR, PLEASE!!!
Thank you again, though, for running. You have our support and we will spread the news to all our St. Louis County friends!

Yours truly,
Karen Nord

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stratford inn in fenton homeless/hookers/heroin Nov 16 Anyone notice 1
Social Security Office ( Cruel and Unjust ) (May '17) Nov 2 these people suck 24
Dark times Oct 27 Moron 5
News High Ridge Woman, Fenton Man Arrested for Steal... (Apr '13) Oct 25 Andrew 4
News Victim's boyfriend charged in Warren County mur... (Mar '07) Oct '17 Kool 84
Evictionpros Oct '17 Mom is slut 7
john peppercorn the prophet Oct '17 ProphecyShetHouse... 3

Chesterfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesterfield Mortgages