Contact 2: Chesterfield Valley Meats

Contact 2: Chesterfield Valley Meats

There are 30 comments on the Fox2Now story from Sep 16, 2010, titled Contact 2: Chesterfield Valley Meats. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

Buying in bulk can be convenient, and you can save some money. But what if the company you're buying in bulk from goes out of business? Some local families paid for large orders of meat last fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jaimee M C

Union Grove, WI

#1 Sep 17, 2010
I have another story, equally as irratating regarding Chesterfield Valley Meats. I purchased some meat from a door to door salesman in April or May. The agreement was that we would pay for the meat in two installments. The first due the following week and then the other half 2 weeks there after. After a family emergency took me out of town around the time of the second payment was due it was roughly 3 weeks late from the original agreement. The salesman, TV are the initials and I do have contact information if you would like, contacted me and ask me to make the payment directly to him. Something didn't sound right to me regarding this so I mailed the payment to the address on the business card I had for Chesterfield Valley Meats. The payment was returned in the mail. The salesman, TV, has now taken to calling my house in the middle of the night excessively. Between the hours of 1am and 2am a week ago he called 25 times, he has shown up at my house and beat on my door, kicked on my door, and rang my doorbell until I thought it was going to break. He will sit out in front of my house for hours, at various times, day and night.
I will be happy to provide any contact information I have for Chesterfield Valley Meats. T.V. is scaring me and my 5 year old son to the point we are afraid to leave the house or answer the door. Oh, and by the way, the amount of money that he is wanting to collect is less than $100.00.
Bob

Fenton, MO

#2 Sep 17, 2010
To Jaimee, report him to the police.

Secondly, why would anyone one in their right mind buy meat out of the back of a pickup.
ccc

AOL

#3 Sep 17, 2010
We bought from them a couple of times. When we quit buying they kept calling and calling and calling. Finally we blocked the calls.
Paul Johnson

Fenton, MO

#4 Sep 17, 2010
I have had their meat many times from Chesterfield Valley !! The steaks are awesome and the service is fantastic . I actually know the owner very well and he always stays on track especially with his customer service . I know he is goin through a very rough time just like a lot of us right now .
Paul Johnson

Fenton, MO

#5 Sep 17, 2010
Well it sounds like to me u should have just paid the full balance or paid it on time instead of making the man wait . If i was him i would have charged u interest just like any other company does !!
Jaimee M C

Union Grove, WI

#6 Sep 18, 2010
Paul Johnson wrote:
Well it sounds like to me u should have just paid the full balance or paid it on time instead of making the man wait . If i was him i would have charged u interest just like any other company does !!
Well Mr. Johnson,
I know that you say that you know the owner very well so I would imagine you would like to tell him that one of his SALESMEN are the person that is saying they are the owner of the now closed business. I told the salesman that I wasn't interested. I told him no in several different ways and he would not take no for an answer. I did not ask for, nor did I need, payment arrangements. I was told that is the way things are done with Chesterfield Valley Meats. I left the salesman to go in and take a phone call and he wasn't going to leave without a purchase so I bought the smallest package they had to offer. You obviously didn't read my letter very closely because you will see that I was called out of town due to a family emergency and was gone for over 3 weeks. Once I returned I mailed the check and it was returned to me. The SALESMAN of a closed business is trying to collect on debts to a buisness that he doesn't own and that is theft at the very least. I have the envelope, sealed and intact, that was returned by the post office. I would be happy to show the official OWNER of this lovely business that is ripping off elderly people. I know the name of the owner of the business and it isn't the man that I had been dealing with. The man that I had been dealing with is a POS con, I am sure the owner did not intentionally sell products he wasn't going to deliver, however his salesman was.
Before you comment on my situation please make sure you understand what I am saying, because you did not by the sound of your response. By the way, when the phone calls started coming in the middle of the night I had already mailed the check and had it returned because the business was no longer at the address it was mailed to. Again, NOT MY FAULT! Everyone, including my attorney, have told me NOT to pay this man because it isn't his business and it isn't his money!
Jaimee M C

Wentzville, MO

#7 Sep 18, 2010
Paul Johnson wrote:
How is it that you KNOW that there wasn't any interest charged "Paul"! Another series of calls to my house after my last post followed by my call to the Warren County Sheriffs department! I have had it!
Paul Johnson

Fenton, MO

#8 Sep 18, 2010
Well that is a salesman job is to not take no for an answer .. Any SALESMAN ..... Thats how they make money !! And it sounds like to me u needed payment arrangements cuz all u would had to do was to pay the FULL AMOUNT for ur small purchase ! I'm sorry u had a family emergency and I hope everything was ok , but u cant go get groceries at Schnucks or Dierbergs and pay for it 3 weeks later ! All the drivers are paid in commission and have turn in fees and loading fees . Considering the full amount wasnt paid that prob meant that he already paid for the food and he was coming to collect HIS money not the companys money !! I will personally have a talk with T.V. and tell him to knock the crap off . I'm sorry for your experience and that it was bad but all i can say is if u ever get sold or buy something from a salesman . Pay for it and get whatever it is, right then and there ! Then u dont have to hear from them unless they call to see how it is and if u wanna re order !!
Jaimee M C

Wentzville, MO

#9 Sep 18, 2010
Paul Johnson wrote:
Well that is a salesman job is to not take no for an answer .. Any SALESMAN ..... Thats how they make money !! And it sounds like to me u needed payment arrangements cuz all u would had to do was to pay the FULL AMOUNT for ur small purchase ! I'm sorry u had a family emergency and I hope everything was ok , but u cant go get groceries at Schnucks or Dierbergs and pay for it 3 weeks later ! All the drivers are paid in commission and have turn in fees and loading fees . Considering the full amount wasnt paid that prob meant that he already paid for the food and he was coming to collect HIS money not the companys money !! I will personally have a talk with T.V. and tell him to knock the crap off . I'm sorry for your experience and that it was bad but all i can say is if u ever get sold or buy something from a salesman . Pay for it and get whatever it is, right then and there ! Then u dont have to hear from them unless they call to see how it is and if u wanna re order !!
Hey Tony...go to hell...you now have a police report and an order of protection..followed my attornies advice. Didn't need payment arrangements, didn't want the crappy meat that half of which got thrown away becuase it tasted old. You sure are attempting to make me look bad for trying to do what was right and then turn around and get harrassed by some low life salesperson. He should have left when he was ask to leave and get his crappy truck out of my driveway and quit leaking oil all over the place. As I said before...PROVE YOU PAID FOR SAID MEAT IN COURT! Then and only then will you get the money..as advised by the BBB, the attorney and the police department.
Paul Johnson

Chicago, IL

#10 Sep 18, 2010
Notice my name is Paul !!
Doc

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Sep 18, 2010
Jaimee (great spelling) is a typical libtard and is a gleaming example of what is wrong with this country. Buy meat with the intention of not paying for it because he was a 'hard sell'?!! Honest people just say NO THANK YOU! No matter how your pitifully stupid brain tries to justify your theft of this man's products, YOU ARE STILL A LOW LIFE THEIF! I bet you made the first payment with a bad check you welfare sucking whore. It is unfortunate for us honest, hardworking folks that you have already spawned another generation of uselessness.
Jaimee M C

Union Grove, WI

#12 Sep 18, 2010
Doc wrote:
Jaimee (great spelling) is a typical libtard and is a gleaming example of what is wrong with this country. Buy meat with the intention of not paying for it because he was a 'hard sell'?!! Honest people just say NO THANK YOU! No matter how your pitifully stupid brain tries to justify your theft of this man's products, YOU ARE STILL A LOW LIFE THEIF! I bet you made the first payment with a bad check you welfare sucking ****. It is unfortunate for us honest, hardworking folks that you have already spawned another generation of uselessness.
Excuse me Ahole...sorry to inform you but I paid the bill...both installments...1st one cleared bank as they all do and the second one was RETURNED BECUASE THE BUSINESS WAS SHUT DOWN AND WAS RIPPING OFF PEOPLE IN THE PROCESS. I TRIED TO DO WHAT WAS RIGHT...ALL THAT GOT ME WAS HARRASSED BY AN UNEMPLOYED LOW LIFE DOOR TO DOOR MEAT SALESMAN..BEFORE YOU TALK YOU BEST KNOW OF WHAT YOU SPEAK. I OWN MY OWN HOME, WORK IN CORP AMERICA AT A SUCESSFUL COMPANY THAT DOESN'T RIP OFF PEOPLE. I SENT IN MY PAYMENT AS SOON AS I RETURNED TO TOWN! If the retard salesman would not have yelled at my housesitter while I was away and if he had shown up to pick it up when he was told to come and get it I would have never known they were shut down. Now I am just following the advise of my ATTORNEY, THE BBB AND THE POLICE DEPARTMENT. I WILL GLADLY PAY THE APPROPRIATE PERSON, IN CASH! LIBTARD...FAR FROM IT...YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I AM AND FROM WHERE I COME AND I WOULD IMAGINE YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED! GTH
Door

Washington, MO

#13 Sep 23, 2010
I saw one of their trucks in Festus today at the 7-Eleven filling up their truck with gas. I was a smaller white truck with the phone number of 800-262-2188. I called the number and it wasn't valid. The truck has a freezer in the back and there was also a black Dodge with a freezer in the back. I couldn't get the plate number though. It looks like they are still out there selling meat!!
Easy Tiger

Wasilla, AK

#14 Sep 27, 2010
Jaimee M C wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tony...go to hell...you now have a police report and an order of protection..followed my attornies advice. Didn't need payment arrangements, didn't want the crappy meat that half of which got thrown away becuase it tasted old. You sure are attempting to make me look bad for trying to do what was right and then turn around and get harrassed by some low life salesperson. He should have left when he was ask to leave and get his crappy truck out of my driveway and quit leaking oil all over the place. As I said before...PROVE YOU PAID FOR SAID MEAT IN COURT! Then and only then will you get the money..as advised by the BBB, the attorney and the police department.
Jaimee I only want to comment for clarity.
You bought meat (That you received) and at the time of sale made an agreement to pay off the total amount in the future (Two different payments); you made one payment that cleared and the other got returned to you because the post office sent it back, am I correct?
The business went out of business and the salesperson has tried to contact you for the payment you owe him (quite extremely at that it sounds) which I'm sure wasn't that way from the beginning.

Again why haven't you paid the salesperson what is it $100.00?
And why did you invest in a lawyer over $100.00? Not that the latter matters cause I'm 95% positive it's not true.

You seem like a somewhat educated individual since #"I OWN MY OWN HOME, WORK IN CORP AMERICA AT A SUCESSFUL COMPANY THAT DOESN'T RIP OFF PEOPLE"#.
Doesn't it seem like a good time to quit investing your time in trying to ruin reputations and pay the man that sold and delivered you the meat. I can assure you that if he knocked on your door with a truck, a freezer and frozen meat in boxes he was accountable for that sale not the company alone; hence the reason he is trying to collect what you owe.

My opinion T.V. got a little extreme by your story, but there is probably another side to this story to explain his reactions, isn't that a possibility?

If somebody owed you money (and wasn't paying you but avoiding you) expressed in their own words #"I OWN MY OWN HOME, WORK IN CORP AMERICA AT A SUCESSFUL COMPANY THAT DOESN'T RIP OFF PEOPLE"#.
how would you go about trying to receive the money they owe you?

One more, how is it that T.V. or this company ripped you off?

No I'm not T.V. or Paul Johnson or doc.
Jaimee M C

Union Grove, WI

#15 Oct 1, 2010
Easy Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Jaimee I only want to comment for clarity.
You bought meat (That you received) and at the time of sale made an agreement to pay off the total amount in the future (Two different payments); you made one payment that cleared and the other got returned to you because the post office sent it back, am I correct?
The business went out of business and the salesperson has tried to contact you for the payment you owe him (quite extremely at that it sounds) which I'm sure wasn't that way from the beginning.
Again why haven't you paid the salesperson what is it $100.00?
And why did you invest in a lawyer over $100.00? Not that the latter matters cause I'm 95% positive it's not true.
You seem like a somewhat educated individual since #"I OWN MY OWN HOME, WORK IN CORP AMERICA AT A SUCESSFUL COMPANY THAT DOESN'T RIP OFF PEOPLE"#.
Doesn't it seem like a good time to quit investing your time in trying to ruin reputations and pay the man that sold and delivered you the meat. I can assure you that if he knocked on your door with a truck, a freezer and frozen meat in boxes he was accountable for that sale not the company alone; hence the reason he is trying to collect what you owe.
My opinion T.V. got a little extreme by your story, but there is probably another side to this story to explain his reactions, isn't that a possibility?
If somebody owed you money (and wasn't paying you but avoiding you) expressed in their own words #"I OWN MY OWN HOME, WORK IN CORP AMERICA AT A SUCESSFUL COMPANY THAT DOESN'T RIP OFF PEOPLE"#.
how would you go about trying to receive the money they owe you?
One more, how is it that T.V. or this company ripped you off?
No I'm not T.V. or Paul Johnson or doc.
Well Mr. Tiger...Once the check was returned the the mail because the company was no longer at that address, the salesman called, at that time he was told if he would like to come and pick up the check it was there for him to get. He was told this by my mother in law and she waited for him over the course of two days. He never showed. Shortly there after he began calling the house at all hours of the day and night...25 calls from this man between the hours of 1am and 2am. This is not what a professional of any sort does. It is against the law to attempt to collect a debt in this manner and I contacted my lawyer, who happens to be a close personal friend of mine from college. My attorney advised me NOT to pay the salesman. The first payment was made to the company. The second payment should be made to the company. If the owner of the company decided to collect could at any time come back and demand payment from me. I contacted the BBB and was advised the same thing. I am only following the guidance of professional people who would know much better than I on how to handle this. I figured once the overnight calling began something odd was up. It is nice to see that they are still out there using a defunct companies name and information. The business cards still have the original address and phone number and website information. This is all quite shady. I still have the check for the OWNER of the business and would be happy to pay him since that is who I paid in the first place.
Easy Tiger

Wasilla, AK

#16 Oct 1, 2010
Jaimee M C wrote:
<quoted text>Well Mr. Tiger...Once the check was returned the the mail because the company was no longer at that address, the salesman called, at that time he was told if he would like to come and pick up the check it was there for him to get. He was told this by my mother in law and she waited for him over the course of two days. He never showed. Shortly there after he began calling the house at all hours of the day and night...25 calls from this man between the hours of 1am and 2am. This is not what a professional of any sort does. It is against the law to attempt to collect a debt in this manner and I contacted my lawyer, who happens to be a close personal friend of mine from college. My attorney advised me NOT to pay the salesman. The first payment was made to the company. The second payment should be made to the company. If the owner of the company decided to collect could at any time come back and demand payment from me. I contacted the BBB and was advised the same thing. I am only following the guidance of professional people who would know much better than I on how to handle this. I figured once the overnight calling began something odd was up. It is nice to see that they are still out there using a defunct companies name and information. The business cards still have the original address and phone number and website information. This is all quite shady. I still have the check for the OWNER of the business and would be happy to pay him since that is who I paid in the first place.
Jaimee,
I appreciate your response!
I do have a question that I did ask in my prior comment;

"How is it that T.V. or this company ripped you off?"

If I'm not clear on your subject; the salesperson T.V. was trying to collect a debt that you owe the company for the product that T.V. sold and delivered to you in full including a payment arrangement that was for your benefit as well as the reps.
Now I'm aware that you said.....;

#"Didn't need payment arrangements, didn't want the crappy meat that half of which got thrown away becuase it tasted old. You sure are attempting to make me look bad for trying to do what was right and then turn around and get harrassed by some low life salesperson. He should have left when he was ask to leave and get his crappy truck out of my driveway and quit leaking oil all over the place."#

This is why I wonder how it is T.V. and this company ripped you off when to me from the outside looking in at what you said that can't be. Can you answer for that?

Please don't get me wrong I find it extremely unprofessional for anybody to call in the middle of the night like this in sales or not.
I also find it extremely unprofessional for any person to keep, eat or throw away products that they haven't paid for whether or not they sent a check in the mail that got returned to them.

"Did T.V. ever come back to your house to pick up the check after he didn't come when your mother-in-law waited for two days?"
"If not did you think maybe he could have had a family emergency to tend to as well?"

"And did you ever offer to give the remaining product back that you hadn't paid for, that way he could sell it to someone who could afford it or give it back to the company he worked for?"

Thanks for your response in advance!
Casey

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Oct 9, 2010
Doc hit the nail on the head. This is just another "victim" using the media and the system to steal from hard working people. This bitch should be in jail instead of on TV. Let's not forget fox 2's role in this farce, this is exactly the kind of "journalism" that got obama elected.
SalesLosers

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Oct 11, 2010
First off, I'd not buy meat from the back of a truck unless it said Schwans. At least I know their quality is good. Send of all, if a company was out of business and the check got returned to me. Case Closed. They need to keep their PO box open so they can keep checks coming in. Third of all, if anyone, and I mean ANYONE came knocking on my door in the middle of the night or calling repeatedly, I'd be sure that the effects of him being on my property fell under the Castle Law or at the very least the police department would be dispatched immediately.
No sales person needs to use tactics like that. None. Period. I feel for the poor sucker that would try that with me.
Jaimee M C

Hermann, MO

#19 Oct 11, 2010
I never said that he ripped me off...I explained my situation with the "NO LONGER IN BUSINESS" company and offered to provide phone numbers, etc. That is all..I explained my situation of attempting to pay, paid the first and the SECOND WAS RETURNED TO ME IN THE MAIL BECAUSE THE BUSINESS IS NO LONGER IN BUSINESS!
Casey..I need to be in jail because I won't pay a SALESMAN that CAN'T WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT IS CLOSED DOWN! Had everything of been on the up and up..he would have his money and this would be a non issue.
Did any of you read the above article on how he ripped off these two women for over 1500.00? What about that is ok but the fact that I tried to pay a company that had closed its doors and will NOT pay a salesman who no longer has a job and who has lied repeatedly about said company? A LAWYER, THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, and common sense dictates that you don't pay the non-owner, ex-employee of a closed business. If the true owner of the company, yes I know his name, wants to collect on the debt,he can and then I am stuck paying twice for something that I had to throw half of it away because it was old!
SalesLosers...thanks for reading and comprehending what I was trying to say. I do believe the others are the salesman, who by the way, didn't know until he was informed at 2am, that there had been a Fox report on his con-artistry!
Test

Wasilla, AK

#20 Oct 31, 2010
Test

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More Muslims In Fenton (Jul '16) Mar 11 tired of them 21
Kelsie McGregor Feb 28 Cedric 3
The Wharf Lounge (Sep '10) Feb 27 Back Again 6
News Mugshots of the Week (Jun '10) Jan '17 Jim 5
News 2 Walmart stores in southeast Missouri to close Jan '17 Royalty 6
anybody know ? (Sep '13) Jan '17 Meme 3
Thanks Obama Jan '17 Killa 3

Chesterfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance