Precious Earth: Trees Leveled for 141 Project

Full story: Fox2Now 11
Progress and preservation rarely seem to get along, and nowhere is that more evident than in the heart of the Highway141 project in Chesterfield and Town and Country. Full Story
Albert

United States

#1 Sep 1, 2010
I remember when the intersection of Ladue-141 use to flood. One year we got in a 77 Monza with the exhaust tubed upward, the air intake tubed upward, all electrical water sealed; and we were in swim suits and snorkels. We went through that intersection before they could close and made it all the way across. A 80 Blazer tried to follow, but he had oversized tires and started to float away; he was ticked. Ah, the memories. They pass away like our youth, and our atmosphere. I had hoped on this happening for so long to this intersection, but it is quite a shock to see it everyday. I hope what it will become, will overshadow what it looks like today. Happy motoring West County.
sandyfromchester field

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Sep 1, 2010
No mention of the overpass that will be made to enter Green Trails subdivision. I am sure it is certainly going to be beautiful. I wonder how the smog busting pavement will hold up in the St. Louis winters.
madsaluki

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Sep 2, 2010
gee, more habitat is taken away from the deer and turkey. boy thats a shocker!now people can bitch even more about the wildlife encroaching on their flowers and such.that area used to be nice back in the day but its just a sea of crap now
Bob

Fenton, MO

#4 Sep 2, 2010
Really!! This is not a story; most people agree we need this highway. How were they supposed to build it?? Weave around the trees. Give me a break.

Since: Oct 08

Fairview Heights, IL

#5 Sep 2, 2010
Soon we will only be able to see a tree in a museum and we will all be starving for oxygen as there will no longer be any trees to help replenish the air we breathe! Soon, Mother Earth WILL start rebelling and we will have no one to blame but ourselves.
Kimmie

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Sep 2, 2010
Pugman0911 wrote:
Soon we will only be able to see a tree in a museum and we will all be starving for oxygen as there will no longer be any trees to help replenish the air we breathe! Soon, Mother Earth WILL start rebelling and we will have no one to blame but ourselves.
Pugman0911 I think Mother Nature is already rebelling. All the weird weather, the Volcanos blowing that have been dorment for hundreds of years, the earthquakes and such she is getting ticked no telling what she will do next.
Dot

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Sep 2, 2010
People complain about new construction taking away trees, animal life, etc. But did you complain when it was YOUR house, street or subdivision being built?
But it is broke

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Sep 2, 2010
Just like the egomaniacale human race that we are. We think we are going to ruin a planet???? I think the earth will shrug off the human race as if we never even existed. haha!!!! yeah, we are going to destroy a planet thats been around for billions of years..(or a couple thousand if your catholic.)
But it is broke

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Sep 2, 2010
**egomaniacal**
madsaluki

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Sep 2, 2010
Dot wrote:
People complain about new construction taking away trees, animal life, etc. But did you complain when it was YOUR house, street or subdivision being built?
mine was built about a hundred years ago. way before i was here.its just all getting to be to much. christ i used to hunt around this area when i was a kid in 70s way early eighties.
Kimmie

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Sep 2, 2010
Dot wrote:
Yeh Dot can say I did thats why the 4 acres we have only 1/2 acre is cleared the other 3-1/2 are left to nature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 min grave digger 2,828
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 49 min MORE DAWG STUPIDITY 97,016
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 8 hr Mugsy 521
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 15 hr Obama Bitches 10,212
The Old Biltmore (Jun '09) Fri gbmarie98 29
Recipe Exchange: Recipes recall Shoney's specialty (Oct '07) Sep 13 jackiepitt 20
jack eigles Sep 12 ann wright 3
•••
•••
•••

Chesterfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chesterfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chesterfield News, Events & Info