Chesterfield Sculptor Reaches Compromise For New Levy Location

Full story: Fox2Now

An internationally known Chesterfield sculpture studio is saved from the wrecking ball.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Dec 19, 2009
trainscout

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Judged:

In the header, it's "levee", not levy. Levy is what we're getting for Christmas from Washington.
towncar07

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Yea trainscout...I sent the same message to the tip line...Someone needs a dictionary on THERE desk. SEE, sounds the same but it's not. Atta way to go !
gidagorfen

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

What's a levy?
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

I can't believe they are putting in another levy there or anywhere for that matter. Have you not learned yet, that every levy you put up just forces the water to go someplace else. Usually places that had no flood problem before. I have lived in this house by the river since 1961 and had 1 flood (1982) that got in the yard. Since 1993 7 of the 10 highest highest flood stages for my area have been since 1993. This is when precious Chesterfield (only because they have the money to make peole look the other way, yes it is all about the money). Take the flood zone and levy it so we can put businesses here to get a tax base from. Then Valley park needed one, Winfield and every other town on the river (that knew these were flood zones or floodplains when they moved in). Now every time it rains < I get threatened by high water as the rain has no where to go except where it has not gone before> . Quit building levees. That land you are all grabbing was farmland because if it got flooded, it only lost a crop. Go back to tearing down the hills and mountains and leave the floodzones alone. Shame on you state of missouri for issuing permits for all these levees when you know the consequences. But hey, aside from permit, design , inspection, construction and the tax base created (at others expense) I guess you figure you are doing what's right for the people of missouri. No incumbent will be on my voting card again. Ever. Until you wake up and quit bending over to big money. Your as bad as the federal government kissing wall street butt all day. shame shame shame
Rob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

I'm glad for the man not to loose his home,but If this was me (i'm a nobody) they would have taken my property. I hate when politics and people of power influence!!! Why no eminent domain??? Wasn't too long ago the gov and private industry was gun ho to just march in and take your property!!! There is no constitution anymore!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chesterfield Discussions

Search the Chesterfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 39 min Chilli J 95,829
7th birthday for boy who drowned Friday7th birt... Wed EI EI O 7
Springdale Pool Jul 27 WHOCARES sucks 3
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 25 vote to vote 10,207
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Jul 23 CLUE 6,909
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 23 Canopy 267
Reber park baseball Jul 15 Richard 2
•••
•••
•••
Chesterfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chesterfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••