created by: Topix | Aug 3, 2010

Michigan

1,460 votes

2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
21 - 40 of 5,482 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 23

Since: Sep 08

Dorr, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Arctic49519 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait til we dems cross over in the 2012 presidential primary and get Sarah Palin nominated so we can sink the GOP.
I could not wait I wrote her in for MI Gov.
cody

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Everett wrote:
I called all of the Campigan offices in the Governors office and asked questions about Industrial Hemp (no, not pot).
Snyder's said "it is not on his Agenda"
Bereno's told me he will not answer that question until after the Primary.
Sounds like a coward to me.
I refuse to vote for a coward!
Ya, cause that's real important right now ??
Big issue to really think about.
Wow, I'll add it to my agenda.
I think a few things are a little more important here in Michigan to work on ?? You know ??

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Bailey, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Arctic...never thought I would say that.
Ditto
Byteme

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Arctic49519 wrote:
I crossed over and voted in the republican primary. I voted against Hoekstra by casting a vote for Snyder.
Arctic, you're a f*^%k-tard b@st@rd
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Byteme wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, someone's a sore loser.

Now, now little liberal... time to grow up and be a big boy.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, someone's a sore loser.
Now, now little liberal... time to grow up and be a big boy.
I don't think that's a liberal, I think it's a whiney neo-con Hoekstra nuthugger.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Alright!!!!!!! Bring on November!!!!!!!

“Be Respectful”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

I voted--always do. I email a few questions and send them an invite to a veteran's event to each candidate's office. If I don't hear back from them, they don't get my vote.
PJSolarz

Westland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Those of you that think you crossed over and voted for Snyder did not cross over. Snyder is a liberal republican which did nothing but let the liberals get a little closer to a majority in this state. Eight years of democratic leadership has destroyed our state. Granholm let the federal government walk all over us. You need go no further than Detroit to see what 60 years of democratic rule has done for the poor. The likes of John Dingell and John Conyers have done their job of selling these people a line of BS that keeps them in the dark and in rags.
The Hedgehog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Well I thank all the union Dems for their cross over, Now when "Lenin" and "Stab in the back now" are up for election please do the same. When are you gonna realize, if you want this state humming again, you have to take the control away from Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties. They run the state and get all the money as well.Don't believe me? Look up what Birmingham schools get compared to Montmorency county schools.
Out on the sidewalk

Sand Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

No, I didn't vote in the primary. I can't! I bailed the Republican party in Reagans second term and certainly have no encouragement to rejoin.

As an Independent I can't vote in the primary election because it is solely for the Democratic and Republican party to see who they will back in the real election in November.

Ha! Free elections? My tax money is used to pay for this and yet I cannot vote unless I vote as one or the other. That's not free, that is too much of a cost for me to pay!

Believe me, my vote will be cast in November as an Independent.

Mr. Swift, your venue has my vote. Hemp just may well be our answer to kick the addiction to petroleum products and deforestation that is killing us and our world we need to live in.

So, Cody,,,,, Humph!
Sandy

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

PJSolarz wrote:
Those of you that think you crossed over and voted for Snyder did not cross over. Snyder is a liberal republican which did nothing but let the liberals get a little closer to a majority in this state. Eight years of democratic leadership has destroyed our state. Granholm let the federal government walk all over us. You need go no further than Detroit to see what 60 years of democratic rule has done for the poor. The likes of John Dingell and John Conyers have done their job of selling these people a line of BS that keeps them in the dark and in rags.
So who should we have voted for? Hoekstra is a RINO and Cox is a snake in the grass. The last thing we need is a union cohort in crime in the governor's mansion again. Perhaps it is time to try a business person?

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Arctic49519 wrote:
I crossed over and voted in the republican primary. I voted against Hoekstra by casting a vote for Snyder.
Thanks for the assist Arctic. Whatever it took to keep Hoekstra off the ballot it worked.
Flintstein

Hillsdale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Snyder? Isn't he the one who drove Gateway computers into the ground? I suspect he'll do the same for Michigan.

Since: Jul 09

SW Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Byteme wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha, Arctic - looks like a Hoekstra voter is unhappy w/ you!
Greg B

Oxford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

I voted. You don't vote, that's fine with me... my vote counts more!
I voted against the two millages. Government, including local government, needs to learn how to prioritize in lean times. Suggestion: If 911 and seniors need more money, take it from the twp road budget. It's all I get for my local taxes anyway. How much of it is wasted on chloriding the roads, making them a soupy, muddy mess... just to hold down the dust? Give the chloride money to 911 and the seniors. Gee... now there's an idea. Of course, the Road Commish is never going to go along with that.
Final comment: you get the government you deserve. You don't like it, get off your dupa and do something about it!

“Don't touch my junk man!”

Since: Nov 07

Middle of the Mitten, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

I voted. At 6pm last night we were numbers 289 and 290, so while the turn out was low, it wasn't as low as I had seen in other primaries.

I think Snyder's the guy for the job. And I agree with Hurley anything to keep Hoekstra and Cox out of office. Just listening to them speak gives me the willies! Too polished, too sound bitey. I want someone who doesn't have the support of special interests and someone who hasn't made politicing a career.
Thewayiseeit

Manistee, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Votes cast for Republicans = 1,044,915
Votes cast for Democrats = 542,815

Landslide in November for the Republicans?

Yep!

Snyder = 380,482
Bernero= 319,166

Hmmmm
chiliman

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

I voted (as I have since I became voting age).

I have too many friends and relatives who died so I can vote - I will not let them down. I will always vote using my best judgement.

I may nbot always make the best selection but I vote.
Ju Ju Bean

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Thewayiseeit wrote:
Votes cast for Republicans = 1,044,915
Votes cast for Democrats = 542,815
Landslide in November for the Republicans?
Yep!
Snyder = 380,482
Bernero= 319,166
Hmmmm
You are working under the assumption that there are only two parties voting. I'm neither of those. I'm an independent myself and you can't perdict how I will vote no matter how I voted in the primary. 10% of the voters are just like me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chesterfield Discussions

Search the Chesterfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) May '14 Ned Tugent 114
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) May '14 Mike 94
Chesterfield Police Abuse Mar '14 The Partiot 1
Review: Bay West Family Dental - Samar Mokhayes... (Sep '08) Oct '13 David 15
Chesterfield Car Accidents (Jun '13) Jul '13 William 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chesterfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••