Teens Involved in I-94 Crash; One Dead, One Critically Injured

There are 20 comments on the Dec 26, 2011, Patch.com story titled Teens Involved in I-94 Crash; One Dead, One Critically Injured. In it, Patch.com reports that:

A 19-year-old St. Clair Shores woman driver died and her passenger was critically injured very early Monday in an accident on Interstate 94 near 23 Mile in Chesterfield Township, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tom tom

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#1 Dec 27, 2011
to youg our prayers go out ...
Buh Bye

Nashville, TN

#2 Dec 27, 2011
If she was drunk (as comments seem to indicate), then good riddance, and thank God she only killed a guardrail and a crummy car.
Permanent Words

Roseville, MI

#3 Dec 27, 2011
Your post is hate!
Buh Bye wrote:
If she was drunk (as comments seem to indicate), then good riddance, and thank God she only killed a guardrail and a crummy car.
This is a daughter, sister, grandchild, niece, and someones freind. May God bless her and the family
Tears for Drunks

Roseville, MI

#4 Dec 28, 2011
Permanent Words wrote:
Your post is hate!
<quoted text>
This is a daughter, sister, grandchild, niece, and someones freind. May God bless her and the family
One is more than enough tears for somebody that endangers the lives of others. Don't enable. Let these kind know that we'll celebrate the fact that they can't kill anyone else.

"Chesterfield Township Detective Sgt. Deron Myers said witnesses told police Wheaton was driving at a high rate of speed when she passed them on the freeway moments before she struck the guard rail... A 27-year-old Chesterfield Township man was also driving eastbound on the freeway and slammed into the disabled vehicle. Myers said the man and his passenger, a 26-year-old woman from Macomb Township, sustained minor injuries."

Where is the sympathy for the people who could have been killed when this drunken bimbo's car blocked the freeway lane?
Family Friend

United States

#5 Dec 28, 2011
Tears for Drunks wrote:
<quoted text>
One is more than enough tears for somebody that endangers the lives of others. Don't enable. Let these kind know that we'll celebrate the fact that they can't kill anyone else.
"Chesterfield Township Detective Sgt. Deron Myers said witnesses told police Wheaton was driving at a high rate of speed when she passed them on the freeway moments before she struck the guard rail... A 27-year-old Chesterfield Township man was also driving eastbound on the freeway and slammed into the disabled vehicle. Myers said the man and his passenger, a 26-year-old woman from Macomb Township, sustained minor injuries."
Where is the sympathy for the people who could have been killed when this drunken bimbo's car blocked the freeway lane?
Why post negative comments? You don't even know her! You don't even know if she was drinking. It is ignorant people like you who deserve to have the right to free speech taken away. You are a cruel person just like the other people who posted negative comments. Keep them to yourself.
Concerned Parent

United States

#6 Dec 28, 2011
I went to school with this girls parents, but that doesn't make me feel any different about this topic. Regardless of how one may feel about drinking and driving, which hasn't been concerned but is of course going to be looked into as it should in any accident like this. Those of you posting nasty negative comments should look in their own backyard! Have you never made a mistake? Again I'm not saying that justifies anyone drinking and driving, sadly though most adults who drink even from time to time have probably drove when they shouldn't have!

This was a young, beatiful girl whose life was just starting and sadly ended to soon. My heart goes out to her family and friends, I can't even imagine the pain you are going through.

I will say if she was drinking, that doesn't give someone the right to come on a public forum and say nasty things and call her names. Instead of bashing someone for making a mistake, perhaps people should start spending more time trying to change the things in society that are teaching our future what's right and wrong! Sure it's a parents job to do that but speaking of a parent of a teenager, it's not always that easy no matter how hard you try!

You have shows glamorizing teenage pregnancy, young adults going to bars, drinking and partying every night....If all these people are doing it then what is my parent freaking out about? They just don't get it? etc. So instead of posting nasty things on a website about someone you don't even know perhaps you should find something more useful to do with your time, help make a difference!
Naaaaagger

Mount Clemens, MI

#7 Dec 28, 2011
I'm sick of the drunk apologists. "Not that easy"? STFU. Yeah, it is that easy. Don't drink and drive, and don't enable other people to do it.
I've taken keys away from acquaintances. I've called Police when I see someone swerving on the road, anything I can. Get involved, even if it is just being more observant!
Uncle Al

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Dec 29, 2011
Here in Cottrellville Township (outside Marine City), the Supervisor named Tom Raymond allows every form of ordinance to be violated.

Ordinance violations related to Blight, Vehicles, and Noise Nuisance are all constantly allowed to occur by Mr. Thomas Hazen Raymond.

Tom Raymond raised children who were mixed up with alcohol, drugs, and homosexuality.

This is a shame. A friend of mine always says there is no such thing as a bad child, only a bad parent. Tom Raymond is a bad parent and a bad supervisor.

Many people say this is the reason why Tom Raymond thinks it is alright for other people in Cottrellville Township to get away with those crimes.

One really good example is the way Tom Raymond doesn't care if people use their yards as storage facilities. The problem is that over time this builds up to JUNK. The problem with Junk violates an ordinance called Blight. The reason this ordinance exists is because Blight decreases the property values of neighbors, since all of that junk is NOT fun to look at!

In that same way, Mr. Tom Raymond allows Noise Nuisance ordinances to be violated. Tom Raymond allows people to use construction equipment, tractors, wood chippers, and chainsaws at later than 1:30am, as proven by police reports!

Cottrellville Township Constable/Building Inspector Bill Klaassen has been citing these ordinance violations for years. For literally years Constable/Building Inspector Bill Klaassen has been sending out Official Ordinance Violation warnings to residents violating those ordinances. Yet the people violating those ordinances continue to ignore those warnings.

The reason why the criminal people in Cottrellville Township ignore those ordinance warnings from Constable/Building Inspector Bill Klaassen is because the criminal residents know that Supervisor Tom Raymond is NOT going to enforce those ordinance violations.

I've even heard Constable/Building Inspector Bill Klaassen say that it's pathetic the way Tom Raymond and the attorney Raymond uses to seek guidance, Mr. John McNamee, never go after anyone in court!

Tom Raymond doesn't even need to do something in an expensive Circuit Court. Raymond could hire a deputy to enforce ordinances, similar to the way the previous Supervisor allowed Constable Joseph Kreusel to enforce ordinances. But Tom Raymond will NOT do this! Instead, Tom Raymond allows criminals to get away with violating ordinances!

Supervisor Tom Raymond NEEDS to be FIRED or RESIGN as quickly as possible.

The reason why Tom Raymond NEEDS to be FIRED or RESIGN is because Tom Raymond does NOT perform his mandatory job duty of "Ordinance Enforcement" as seen here on Page 1: http://www.cottrellvilletwp.org/pdf/duties.pd...

For the record, Mary Agnes Simons, the Deputy Clerk of Cottrellville Township kisses the butt of Supervisor Tom Raymond and she should NOT be voted for in the 2012 election.

Most people don't realize that the Supervisor position of Cottrellville Township paid $11,000 per year when Tom Raymond was hired. This is very fair, considering the Supervisor only works 17 hours per week. The Supervisor works 9am - 5pm on Monday, but only 9am to noon on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The Supervisor does not work at all on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

But the Freedom of Information act reveals that one of the very first things Tom Raymond did when he became Supervisor of Cottrellville Township was give himself a raise -- just like Kwame Kilpatrick.

Tom Raymond increased his salary from $11,000 per year to $25,000 per year!

This isn't fair when you consider every other job in the world, especially in Michigan, is seeing pay rates reduced.

Oh yeah, Mary Agnes Simons also insisted that she receive a pay raise. Tom Raymond approved of this raise. Now we know why Mary Agnes Simons kisses his butt.
Capn Bill

Sterling Heights, MI

#9 Dec 29, 2011
WTF does this have to do with the topic being addressed, you mental midget?
Sheriff D

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Dec 29, 2011
Capn Bill,

I think the point Uncle Al is making is that by allowing criminals to get away with violating ordinances in the surrounding Townships of cities, it means officers will soon have the attitude that criminals can get away with anything anywhere.(sad but true).

Almost all the cities and townships have excellent ordinances written up that are enforced by local law authorities. The townships sign contracts with local authorites like the St. Clair County Sheriff's Department to make sure the ordinances are enforced any time of day or night.

Unfortunately, Mr. Tom Raymond of Cottrellville Township did not have the negotiation skill or the management skill to make this happen.

Most of this is because Tom Raymond simply doesn't care about the residents of Cottrellville Township.

When people want to burn illegal fires, build stuff illegally without a permit, sell wood (or drugs) illegally behind a Keep Out sign or No Trespassing sign hanging on a privacy fence, try to earn money under the table by using property as storage for junkyards, etc., it means those people do so in the junkyard known as Cottrellville Township rather than nicer looking townships.

The other townships have signed law enforcement contracts capable of enforcing ordinances by allowing local law enforcement officers to immediately cite ordinance violations with fees.

Example: If you run construction equipment or four-wheelers or motorcycles in China Township (across the street from Cottrellville Township) the Sheriff's Officers go to the property, cite an official ordinance violation, and the people violating the ordinance have to pay the fee! It's as simple as that!

Example 2: If you run construction equipment or four-wheelers or motorcyles in Cottrellville Township, the Sheriff's Officers used to at least ask the people violating the ordinances to stop what they are doing. But, because no contract is signed with Cottrellville Township, no ordinance can officially be cited and nothing can actually be done to enforce the ordinance (Tom Raymond's selfishness is to blame). In fact, Tom Raymond even recently contacted the St. Clair County Sheriff's Department and said "Stay out of my business."

That's how much Tom Raymond does NOT CARE about law, order, innocent people, crimes, justice, or problems that come when laws and ordinaces are broken or violated.

The reason really is because Supervisor Tom Raymond, Attorney John McNamee, and that Deputy Clerk Mary Agnes Simons make no effort at all to stop criminals from violating the law. Mary Agnes Simons makes it no secret that she works for people while she's there, but when she gets home she doesn't work for Cottrellville Township and doesn't want to give one second more of her time to residents who need her help.

Even the supervisors of other local townships have called Tom Raymond and asked Raymond to join a mutual contract that would make it so Cottrellville Township receives the law enforcement it needs by signing a less expensive form of contract with one of the local sheriff's departments.

But Tom Raymond would hear nothing of it. Behaving like a true narcissist, Tom Raymond would not participate because of his arrogance. Raymond didn't like it when the spotlight was on other people trying to come up with solutions to problems.

You need to realize that Tom Raymond doesn't care if there are drug users or drunks on the road.Tom Raymond doesn't care if lives are being ruined when people violate the laws and ordinances.

The one and only person Tom Raymond cares about is Tom Raymond. This is important to the people of I-94, Cottrellville Township, and everywhere else. Whether you realize it or not, irresponsible people in positions of authority have a negative influence on what happens in ways you are not aware of. That's what the domino effect is all about.
One in the same

Farmington, MI

#11 Dec 30, 2011
Capn Bill wrote:
WTF does this have to do with the topic being addressed, you mental midget?
I agree. And obviously Uncle Al and Sheriff D are the same person.
Jim

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Dec 30, 2011
If you were ever to visit Cottrellville Township you would understand why Sheriff D and/or Uncle Al are making such a big deal about how the current Supervisor Tom Raymond doesn't do his job of enforcing ordinances.
Moonlight over Escanaba

Pontiac, MI

#13 Dec 30, 2011
Jim wrote:
If you were ever to visit Cottrellville Township you would understand why Sheriff D and/or Uncle Al are making such a big deal about how the current Supervisor Tom Raymond doesn't do his job of enforcing ordinances.
What goes on in Cottrellville Township has nothing to do with Saint Clair Shores. This is a forum for issues and things pertaining to Saint Clair Shores. If you feel what goes on in Cottrellville Township needs to be told then I hope you printed what you wrote and published it in all the City websites or forums in Michigan. I'm sure the residents of the U.P. are just dying to hear your news.
Yeah Really

Fraser, MI

#14 Dec 30, 2011
Who here even heard of this Cottrellville before these nutty posts?

Big surprise, a small hick town has crooked government officials. I suppose the Boss Hogg of Cottrellville has a couple of redneck boys (nephews of "Uncle Al") that always foil his schemes?
Georgia

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 Dec 30, 2011
Yeah Really wrote:
Who here even heard of this Cottrellville before these nutty posts?
Big surprise, a small hick town has crooked government officials. I suppose the Boss Hogg of Cottrellville has a couple of redneck boys (nephews of "Uncle Al") that always foil his schemes?
@ Yeah Really,

You have no idea how close you are to the truth! Seriously, you have NO IDEA!

The guy named Tom Raymond is the FATTEST glutton you would EVER want to meet, just like Boss Hogg from Dukes of Hazard!

Cottrellville Township really is nothing but a bunch of inbreds, especially on the Board of Directors. I don't have enough time to tell you about all the crooked people on that Board of Directors and the people who work for the township.

That Deputy Clerk named Mary Agnes Simons used to work for the Sheriff. People tell me stories about her all the time when she worked for Clay Township. Her husband runs a business. She would always check the bids submitted to the township and illegally tell her husband what price he needed to beat. That way her husband would always get the job from Clay Township. It got so bad that they got rid of her and then she moved to Cottrellville Township and plans on running for supervisor in 2012.

I could go on and on about other members, but I won't. Those idiots just aren't worth the time.
Capn Bill

Sterling Heights, MI

#16 Dec 31, 2011
Get lost. This is a Saint Clair Shores forum, not Saint Clair Sticks.
cousin

Dearborn, MI

#17 Dec 31, 2011
Buh Bye wrote:
Nobody said she was drunk, and no matter what nobody deserves to die. I'm sure you've made mistakes or done stupid things so don't judge anyone else, especially someone YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. Rebecca had the biggest heart and cared for everyone, so don't post something so judgemental. Her family is hurting right now and don't need to read ignorant comments like yours.
getaheart

Warren, MI

#18 Jan 2, 2012
We are parents try to teach our children right from wrong at a very young age in the hopes that our children will make the right choices. No one has confirmed that Rebecca was in fact drinking and driving but who are we to judge her or her mother for that matter. I know Jackie and have since Rebecca was born, although we havent seen each other in years, I know how much she loved her children. Every night our kids leave the house it is a risk. Rebecca was like any other 19 year old child that is our with friends. Does that make drinking and driving right, no not at all but again our children will do as they wish but we can only hope they will take what we have taught them into their everyday lives. This is very sad that this had to happen to this beautiful girl but until you and I know the whole story, do not judge her or her mother. This mother lost her baby and if it were you, you would not be bashing yourself or your child just feeling the pain of losing you baby also. Instead of judging pray for her and her family. God does not judge you for all the sins you commit on a daily basis so how dare anyone judge this family and then post their horrible comments for the family to read. You should be assamed of yourself and then look at you life in depth and tell yourself that you have made some really dumb decisions and thank God that you live through them! Jac I am so sorry you lost Becca. My heart goes out to you and I can not even begin to imagine how you feel but as a mother I can imagine the pain that I would feel if I was in your shoes. I will pray for you daily and pray that God gives you the strength to get through this horrible time and know that you will meet again one day but God needed her home, for whatever reason, we will never know but he did and I know she is your angel now but please dig down deep to get the strength for those other babies. Just teach them as you taught Becca Jac, you are doing an amazing job as a mommy! xoxo! l
Please Pray

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Jan 3, 2012
I come into agreement with the person praying above me. I pray that our Heavenly Father will continue to give His divine grace to this family who lost their loved one. May the divine power of God's grace empower this family and help this family overcome challenges faced by each family member and each close friend during this time of mourning for the loss of an incredibly loved person.

I praise and thank the Lord in advance, as an act of faith, to demonstrate my belief that He will continue to offer this divine power to anyone with a desire to receive it from Him.

Lord, I pray, please give this family knowledge, wisdom, and understanding to deal with the situation they face in life. Show them your mercy from this point on, Lord. Please, allow your Holy Spirit to bless them in every area of life -- emotionally, mentally, financially, spiritually, physically, and in every other possible way.

Lord, please allow this family to receive these forms of help from many different sources -- family members, friends, and even people they have never met before.

Lord, I remind you that the Word of God makes it clear that praying together in agreement adds power to our prayers. You will hear us better, and be more motivated to answer our prayers. Please, Lord, help this family through this part of their lives and remain with each person for the rest of their lives and throughout eternity.

Heavenly Father, please allow the power from your Holy Spirit of the Lord to come upon this family. Let this family feel englightened by the touch of the Holy Spirit. Please, Lord, give personal attention to this family as you touch them and cause them to feel your personal presence.

I pray this prayer in the name of Jesus. I pray this prayer using the divine power of the authority of God's name. I, and those praying with me, have said this prayer and we thank you Lord for answering this prayer. It is done!
wings fan

Atlantic Beach, FL

#20 Jan 3, 2012
Please pray...Amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Construction at Meijer in Chesterfield 23 and G... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Biggie 1
Chesterfield Police Abuse (Mar '14) Mar '14 The Partiot 1
Review: Bay West Family Dental - Samar Mokhayes... (Sep '08) Oct '13 David 15
Chesterfield Car Accidents (Jun '13) Jul '13 William 2
News Pedestrian Seriously Injured in Chesterfield To... (Apr '13) Apr '13 jay 2
Review: OMG Who Does Your Hair (Sep '10) Jan '13 Kev 7
News 15 Year Old Novelist Wins Finalist in 2012 USA ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Greenman1993 1
More from around the web

Chesterfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]