Girl Scouts to Sell Cookies at Uppy's...

Girl Scouts to Sell Cookies at Uppy's Locations - wtvr

There are 8 comments on the WTVR story from Mar 4, 2010, titled Girl Scouts to Sell Cookies at Uppy's Locations - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Uppy's Convenience Stores have become Girl Scout cookie central for the Richmond metro area, with the largest local Exxon and BP retailer offering up 17 of its 43 locations for area Girl Scout troops during their annual sales drive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#1 Mar 4, 2010
Smart move guys. This should be a wake up call for Martins.
No name

Richmond, VA

#2 Mar 5, 2010
Martins made the right move not allowing GS cookie sales. It was a menace to customers. I think it is nice Uppy's stepped up - but I think they are going to see that it isn't worth the hassle. It's not worth annoying their already shirnking customer base...
To the No Name Jerk

San Jose, CA

#3 Mar 5, 2010
Wow "No Name" you've just proved your not a very happy person. That was kindof a jerk statement; don't you think??

Midlothian, VA

#4 Mar 5, 2010
No name wrote:
Martins made the right move not allowing GS cookie sales. It was a menace to customers. I think it is nice Uppy's stepped up - but I think they are going to see that it isn't worth the hassle. It's not worth annoying their already shirnking customer base...
LOL Ok, I want to hear your explkaination as to just how Girl Scouts are a "menace" to the customers. They were not allowed to ask if you wanted to buy their cookies. They had to wait until you asked them.

Menace???? I don't think so. Perhaps you were beat up by a little girl when you were a child?
No name

Richmond, VA

#5 Mar 5, 2010
True, GS were not allowed to ask for the sale - they seemed to interpret that as - they could scream for the sale. My encounters with GS at Ukrops were always having to weave through kids running around the doorway and running up to me asking me if I wanted to buy. I don't blame the kids - they are kids, I blame the people not watching the kids. I have GS in my family, I am not against the GS, at all.

Midlothian, VA

#6 Mar 5, 2010
No name wrote:
True, GS were not allowed to ask for the sale - they seemed to interpret that as - they could scream for the sale. My encounters with GS at Ukrops were always having to weave through kids running around the doorway and running up to me asking me if I wanted to buy. I don't blame the kids - they are kids, I blame the people not watching the kids. I have GS in my family, I am not against the GS, at all.
Well then, talk to the people in charge of the girls. Explain that the girls are not showing a positive representation of the Girl Scouts.

I have never experienced that problem in Richmond. Maybe things are different in NC.
No name

Richmond, VA

#7 Mar 5, 2010
I don't want to engage with anyone about the GS showing a positive representation - I just want to walk into the grocery store and not be solicited. That's all, and I don't think it is asking too much. GS should sell door to door like they used to.
history buff

Richmond, VA

#8 Mar 5, 2010
I wonder what cut of the profits Uphoff got?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A no vote 9 hr turd detector 2
Klinton and Koone Sun Mike Jersey 2
The final Ukrops knife in backs of their loyal ... Sat bona fide 3
Wild Bill Jersey Jul 21 Mike Jersey 1
Local sluts Jul 21 Mike Jersey 4
Joe King Danville Jul 21 E Wright 4
DuPont School Volunteer painting Project. Jul 21 True Judgement 4

Chester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance