chester teen shot: community holds ca...

chester teen shot: community holds car wash to raise money for Mich...

There are 20 comments on the WTVR story from Jun 25, 2010, titled chester teen shot: community holds car wash to raise money for Mich.... In it, WTVR reports that:

Overwhelming response poured in to Pietro's Pizzeria Friday morning, for recent Thomas Dale High School graduate Michael Dudley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

Barnaby Jones

Richmond, VA

#1 Jun 25, 2010
He is a very VERY lucky young man indeed. Best wishes to him. I hope he doesn't make it a habit to get into marital disputes :).
proud to live in chester

Aylett, VA

#2 Jun 25, 2010
makes me proud to live in chester
tre

Silver Spring, MD

#3 Jun 25, 2010
HEY KID SAW YOU ON THE NEWS ALL WAY HERE IN BALTIMORE MD...THOUGHT I WOULD THROW SOME WORDS OUT THERE FOR YOU..GOOD LUCK THERE AT VSU ITS A GOOD SCHOOL MY BROTHER GOES TO THAT SCHOOL AND MY HIGH SCHOOL BUDDY KENDALL LANKFORD WENT THERE AND NOW PLAYS DEFENSE FOR THE DOLPHINS...WE ALL DO THANK YOU FOR YOUR BRAVERY YOU DID RIGHT!!!! I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME!!!! MY MOM AND DAD TAUGHT ME THE SAME!!!!RECOVER FROM YOUR INJURY!!!*&&%(& THAT &%%&3 FOR WHAT HE DID!!! YOUR A COOL DUDE FOR THAT ONE...AND PLUS YOU GOT BROWNIE POINTS FROM THE LADIES...OH YEAH ALITTLE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT.... YOU KNOW PETERSBURG ALWAYS WHOOPS THOMAS DALES ASS IN FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL THE ONLY THING YOULL CAN BEAT US IN IS SOCCER AND BASEBALL...I WAS A STARTING PITCHER FOR PTOWN AND MAN I HAD 11 KS ON YOU GUYS BUT I STILL GIVE YOULL PROPS...HANG IN THERE MAN...IF YOU EVER NEED ANYTHING HIT ME UP...I GOT CONNECTS THERE STILL AT STATE....

Since: Jun 10

United States

#4 Jun 25, 2010
proud to live in chester wrote:
makes me proud to live in chester
I'm not sure that a double-shooting resulting in one poor lady dead should make anyone proud to live in Chester. Frankly, its possible no shooting would've occurred, at all, had bystanders not jumped into the argument & infuriated that guy even more. Don't get me wrong - Dudley's a good kid, a darn nice kid. But everyone is throwing a celebration party while one poor soul - Cindy Parker - lies dead in her grave.
frm Hillside to Cfield

Richmond, VA

#5 Jun 25, 2010
Teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure that a double-shooting resulting in one poor lady dead should make anyone proud to live in Chester. Frankly, its possible no shooting would've occurred, at all, had bystanders not jumped into the argument & infuriated that guy even more. Don't get me wrong - Dudley's a good kid, a darn nice kid. But everyone is throwing a celebration party while one poor soul - Cindy Parker - lies dead in her grave.
NO DISRESPECT BUT TEABAG WAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NO ONE IS CELEBRATING THE ARE SAYING ITS GOOD TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE UNLIKE YOU OUT THERE WHO WOULD GIVE THERE LIFE TO SAVE ANOTHER IN THIS CASE IT WASNT SO GREAT YES A WOMAN LOST HER LIFE DUE TO HER DUMB HUSBAND AND THE GUY MIKE IS A HERO IN MY EYES CUZ JUST LIKE A LOT OF US WOULD HAVE JUST LOOK AND KEPT WALKING SO FOR THE AMENDING HIM ON WHAT HE DID FOR THIS LADY TO TRY TO SAVE HER FRM HARM IS GOOD ENOUGH HES NOT GOD HES ONLY HUMAN STOP BRINGING PEOPLE DOWN CUZ I KNOW ALOT OF US WISH WE REALLY COULD SEE YOU IN PERSON TO GIVE FIST AND MIND!STOP HATING CUZ IT WONT YOU AINT NOBOSY ELSE HATING!!!
frm Hillside to Cfield

Richmond, VA

#6 Jun 25, 2010
GO MIKE YOU SHOW BE PROUD OF YOUSELF YOU DID WHAT YOU COULD AND YEA I AM GLAD TO SAY I DONT KNOW YOU AND IM PROUD OF YOU !
frm Hillside to Cfield

Richmond, VA

#7 Jun 25, 2010
AS FOR TEABAG KILL YOURSELF
wwb

Chester, VA

#8 Jun 25, 2010
Teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight - a man pursues his wife, physically assaults her, leaves the building and comes back with a gun to shoot her and another person, and what he does can be blamed on the actions of other people. Got it. The prisons are full of people just like him.
Pandora

Warner Robins, GA

#9 Jun 25, 2010
It is refreshing to know that there are still brave and courageous people in the world that have humility to match their bravery. Mike you are a hero, an inspiration, and a role model to a generation! It is wonderful that VSU is standing behind you, as well as your community and loved ones. The world would be a better place if there were more brave men and women in the world like you!

As for the wife, my heart goes out to her family, and I pray that she will rest in peace. It is unfair to blame an entire community for the actions of one person. Chester isn't to blame for her husband's complete lack of common sense and control. It is wonderful to see this community standing behind these families and honoring them the way that they deserve.
Jeryl

Chesterfield, VA

#10 Jun 25, 2010
That's not the REAL Teahead. Just another troublemaker with comments. Relax... just ruffling feathers for fun.

I am glad the community finds a cause to get behind. Shows some unity between a diverse crowd.
local pd

Richmond, VA

#11 Jun 25, 2010
Michael I want to add my praise to you young man. There is an old saying that goes: "Only heroes run into the fire". Just like on Sept. 11, when those heroes ran into the Twin Towers to rescue innocent people, you ran into the "fire" to try to protect an innocent woman. I know you don't see yourself as a hero, but you are in my book. In a day and age when we see far too many news reports about other young people your age doing things like driving intoxicated and killing innocent drivers, or spray painting their school, etc, etc, here you are showing that there are good young people in this world who know how to make good decisions and exercise good judgement. Here is to a quick recovery and best wishes in your life.

To the family of Mrs. Parker my condolences on your loss.
Mother of 3

Jersey City, NJ

#13 Jun 25, 2010
It's a tragic event, and yes, he had the courage that so many ignore. Many people witness domestic violence or any violence and their only reaction is to ignore because it's none of their business. Being a human being, it's not normal for someone to walk away while another is being hurt, instinct is to help. His action is not stupid by any means, unfortunately, she did not survive, but if he had not stepped in, and she still died, how would he had felt. He would have felt guilty, for not doing anything to stop it.

I really wish acknowledged the a person's life is the greatest accomplishment and no one has the right to take it away.
keith

United States

#14 Jun 26, 2010
police officers know domestic arguments are the most dangerous thing they encounter, and they result in the most injuries and deaths. it took guts to step in and try and help. even if you dont physically intervene, just calling the police when observing problems can help, without endangering yourself. my sympathy to family that lost their daughter. my praise to the young man. I hope he recovers quickly. applause to VSU for still honoring their offer.

Since: Jun 10

United States

#15 Jun 26, 2010
Jeryl wrote:
That's not the REAL Teahead. Just another troublemaker with comments. Relax... just ruffling feathers for fun.
You are wrong. Its simply that I see a HUGE difference between (a.) 18-year old male cockiness and (b.) heroism. And its really, really interesting that the story keeps keep changing, seemingly to fit the 'hero version'. When the news first came out, it was said that Dudley intervened "before things got physical". Hmmmm. Now all of a sudden he stepped-in as the man was beating a woman to death against a plate glass window.

What will tomorrow's version look like?

My honest feeling is that had Dudley not interjected his 6'4" frame into the argument, that Parker would not have pulled out his gun. And Cindy Parker would be alive today. Moral: Never stick your nose into a husband-wife argument. Call 9-11 if you really think something bad's about to happen.
Jeryl

Chesterfield, VA

#16 Jun 26, 2010
Teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Its simply that I see a HUGE difference between (a.) 18-year old male cockiness and (b.) heroism. And its really, really interesting that the story keeps keep changing, seemingly to fit the 'hero version'. When the news first came out, it was said that Dudley intervened "before things got physical". Hmmmm. Now all of a sudden he stepped-in as the man was beating a woman to death against a plate glass window.
What will tomorrow's version look like?
My honest feeling is that had Dudley not interjected his 6'4" frame into the argument, that Parker would not have pulled out his gun. And Cindy Parker would be alive today. Moral: Never stick your nose into a husband-wife argument. Call 9-11 if you really think something bad's about to happen.
Stupid is...
GhostWriter1

Richmond, VA

#17 Jun 26, 2010
Teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging from your comments, it sounds as though you're assigning blame for this tragedy to the bystanders. How convenient - and ignorant - of you! The gunman is the ONLY ONE responsible for Cindy Parker's death. The suspect was already enraged enough that he was prepared to kill her, regardless of whether anyone tried to intervene. Take your head out of the sand and take a look at reality!
Jeryl

Chesterfield, VA

#18 Jun 26, 2010
By the way, I am not a big fan of the bagger, but at least he stands on his own without using an identity that belongs to someone else.
Angie

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Jun 27, 2010
Let me just start by saying THANK YOU it is great to know there are some people still willing to do good for others in this corrupt world. Hope you you feel better soon. Now, this rally is a good idea to support this young guy, but shouldn't the family try and sue the crap out of the shooter to pay for medical expenses?
Shazam

Mechanicsville, VA

#20 Jun 28, 2010
Good for him for stepping up and trying to prevent any violence, but... he didn't prevent anything. So the title "hero" doesn't really apply here. He sounds like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders, and he's very fortunate to still be alive, but is he a hero? Eh...
frm Hillside to Cfield

Richmond, VA

#21 Jun 29, 2010
Shazam wrote:
Good for him for stepping up and trying to prevent any violence, but... he didn't prevent anything. So the title "hero" doesn't really apply here. He sounds like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders, and he's very fortunate to still be alive, but is he a hero? Eh...
I wish i could meet you i would knock your teeth out of your mouth how can you even comment you probally some fat kid who's out for the summer just trying to get on everyones nerves find a fat camp or something biggie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courthouse Cafe 13 hr Barbara Fox 4
Hopewell School Superintendent has idea to deve... Sat cramaz 79
News 'This is all I've ever known' Fri Silent Echo 1
An Open Letter to Companies Firing Donald Trump Jul 2 An Angry American 1
Review: Famous Brown's Soul Food (Jun '13) Jul 2 Brainiac of Beaco... 20
News HOLMBERG: Let's tear down the OTHER monuments t... Jul 2 Uber-Bro of the U... 1
A Day of Infammy for America Jun 30 yes or no 3
More from around the web

Chester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chester Mortgages